Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wildlife YouTuber Coyote Peterson claims bigfoot skull discovery; probable hoax/publicity stunt

Carnoferox

I actually like his channel for what it is, but he grossly exaggerates to the point of embellishing; apparently now to the point of complete embellishment for views. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 4

Probable hoax?

Really? 

Someone actually thinks this is legit? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Probable hoax?

Really? 

I can think of a couple.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

In my opinion, this is pretty clearly a replica gorilla skull that Peterson planted there. I expect a video announcing the hoax will come soon.

Lowland-Gorilla-Replica--Main__BC-001__1.thumb.webp.c6a814707873bd48c47917789514d74c.webp

No no no.  I have it on good authority these reality tv shows are on the up and up  Otherwise they'd lose viewers . . .  or something.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Resume said:

I can think of a couple.

Your right.

I was thinking of people who actually think. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Probable hoax?

Really? 

Just warming up the Pappameter….

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Probable hoax?

Really? 

Yeah looking back I should've worded it more strongly. "Definite hoax" is more appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is a really unthroughout ruse,

He cant refuse to allow DNA tests which would show before testing its a resin fake or if real tests will show its a gorilla.

If he refuses testing then his scam ends there.

It wont be long lived but will get him countless clicks.

• Like 7

Purely pathetic.

• Like 4

Everyone knows Bigfeet bury their dead 6ft deep, and it only takes minutes. If you think that's BS, lets argue.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 3

There was an episode of monsterquest "ohio grassman"

They have a baboon skull some dolt planted, ahem claimed he found  the expert looking at the skull is holding back laughing saying its a male baboon skull and a baboon looks nothing like descriptions of OGM or BF.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

There was an episode of monsterquest "ohio grassman"

They have a baboon skull some dolt planted, ahem claimed he found  the expert looking at the skull is holding back laughing saying its a male baboon skull and a baboon looks nothing like descriptions of OGM or BF.

The skull in this post seems too long in the muzzle to be gorilla, I was thinking of a baboon but maybe too big?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, openozy said:

The skull in this post seems too long in the muzzle to be gorilla, I was thinking of a baboon but maybe too big?

Me too but compare it to what carno posted, i think gorilla which i had no idea had so much muzzle.

Whatever it is it was planted.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, openozy said:

I'd say so too. 

That's clearly a Bunyip skull.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMlwlGzghQ0SlFzlH__db

• Haha 5

It's definitely a gorilla and not a baboon. The replica used has possibly been identified.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

But....but...

There are a lot of bigfoot ''reports'' depicting just a gorilla-type animal:

- A young man observes a creature with a gorilla face

- Family encounters large "gorilla" along road west of Morton

- Teenage girl startles a gorilla-like animal while walking home in the dark north of Swainsboro

- Deer hunter witnesses a large, gorilla like animal

- Small gorilla-type animal seen at dusk along the Laurel River near London

I'm just sayin........:sm

Edited by jethrofloyd

As soon as I seen "YouTuber" I knew this was a hoax.

• Haha 3

I don't understand why they think the government would have any interest in covering up the existence of bigfoot. Is there something I'm missing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The skull is interesting. It definitely resembles that casting almost exactly. Although the skull is intriguing the fact that the guy posted pics of himself and several of the skull still buried(he wouldnt be taking pics before he realized what it was) and another of it halfway submerged in a different position but none of it fully removed makes the staging pretty clear though.
  • Like 2

This is interesting, mainly because Coyote isn't known for crypto hunting or cryptozoology at all, at least on his Youtube channel.  He's known for testing the pain scale of different insect/animal bites and stings, but I've never really seen anything come from his channel that seemed shady in any way.   I'm not saying it's real, or a bigfoot, just that he's not really known for hoaxes. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, HSlim said:

This is interesting, mainly because Coyote isn't known for crypto hunting or cryptozoology at all, at least on his Youtube channel.  He's known for testing the pain scale of different insect/animal bites and stings, but I've never really seen anything come from his channel that seemed shady in any way.   I'm not saying it's real, or a bigfoot, just that he's not really known for hoaxes. 

So he's branching out, looking for a bump in viewership

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Portre said:

So he's branching out, looking for a bump in viewership

Clicks and views, clicks and views.

• Like 2