Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wildlife YouTuber Coyote Peterson claims bigfoot skull discovery; probable hoax/publicity stunt

Carnoferox

Im just having a bit of fun dont take it too seriously i grabbed an ape mask which of course is different lighting angle etc but i just wanted to see the comparison.

I can not rule out a costume in the orginal pic.

20220713_152424.thumb.jpg.4d2cae22f505b34a74ef220d80bb5161.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just looked around a bit on the dead myakka case and its pretty well debunked as a hoax by a known hoaxer who lived there...one of many admitting likely hoax.

myakka hoax

• Like 1

Well, as soon as 'Coyote' has this examined by professionals and gets the results, please post them here. I'll wait. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Some uninformed folks will say ludicrous things like the skunk ape is gas or its a chimp escaped from a circus, while its true and even worshipped experts like meldrum agree skunk ape claims are based on known escaped or released primates the source is the road side zoos florida had many of a famous one was tropical jungle over in titusville,a circus isnt going to let a chimp escape so its last on the list.

The picture you posted above made the rounds many years back iirc 2000 yours is one of 2 shots and cropped,

HVYkqthq9Oc00nyM0XPw8Zxa8iNNdwe_SPDqbqxa4Wk.thumb.jpg.19e652194900111e1933911466cf7ce8.jpgOIP.n4pRvOYxCpa5wHdJJsvYGAHaLN.jpg.9f82791e1f289e5310e074b890da71f3.jpg

The back story was an anonymous lady made claims she snapped the pics in her back yard fearing her family was in danger she sends pics to the police i believe it was.

So already we have red flags if you fear a wild beast is going to hurt your famly you dont go anonymous hoaxers go anonymous.

The pics were sent to primate experts at the Miami zoo, who had issues with them while your cropped shot does look like an orang the full images really do not match very well the face in my first image or the orang body the primate experts decided the pictures were a hoax sighting that an adult orang wouldnt be hard to see or find and no way a person could get such picture that an orang would have ran off or attacked, and the back story doesnt wash No one was missing an orang and this was the only sighting it adds up to hoax.

Also i saw where a photo expert said the eyes didnt appear to be "redeye" like with a flash but rather a reflection like on its teeth.

RP also contacted wallace on the subject of how to fake prints and tracks, hum, and RP was arrested for stealing the rented camera.

Patty is a suit, I would very much like to see where someone said they saw an admission to that effect but from who? I wouldnt stress if you cant find it sometimes i cant find an article an hour after reading it.

Pretty much every known hollywood make up person deems patty a hoax, dick smith who was very respected chuckled at it and said he would have been embarrassed to have presented it as finished work, he said johhny chambers allowed people to think he made it but smith felt it was way beneath chambers talents,

None of the more modern artist support it and we have seen work by guys like winton, bakker, wallas that makes diaper butt patty look horrible, also at the same time as patty was the moonwatchers of 2001 that looked so good people assumed they were trained apes.

BG is an honest man? I have no clue, he wont take a polygraph which would of course make him or break him and i know how polygraph work but when a person refuses one they look shady to me.

i do know BG is either telling the truth that he thinks they filmed a real creature or is lying i just cant fit in that BG could have been hoaxed, so at 90yo will BG take truth to his grave as RP did? I do not know.

I do know i have countless red flags to tell me that honest men even this one do lie.

Heres a link, sorry if it causes some to have stomach cramping.

honest man?

I want to add something that slipped my mind when posting before,

The subject in the above pix moves from crouch to more upright you can use those large palmetto leaves as a gauge, now one huge issue,

There is a rather out of place small palmetto leaf that is across the nose mouth area of the subject, if i look close at the one image that leaf appears stuck to the subjects face and moves with it.

This very well could be used to hide details or lack there of as seldom would a suit mask like this have correct inside mouth detailing.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3

Brain area isn’t large enough. I did the world a favor and just drew what a bigfeet skull would look like. Feel free to use it as a future reference.

F8B9B1C4-60B7-4E9F-95D3-25D326D1E177.gif

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I don't understand why they think the government would have any interest in covering up the existence of bigfoot. Is there something I'm missing?

Maybe, but it is hard to understand. It's like trying to figure out why many governments will not acknowledge UFO's, and the US was one such country. 

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, Trelane said:

5) How many toes does BF have?

How many toes does a sloth have?

• Confused 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:51 AM, psyche101 said:

The skunk ape sightings photographed are undoubtedly an escaped orangutan.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvW8EEbEazKHv_yr93u11

When I was on vacation in Florida a year and a bit ago, I learned that the Ringling Brothers Circus was based in South West Florida. And spoke to a old woman, who was connected to a partner church there, who actually worked there in her 20s back in the 50s/60s, and she said all kinds of animals escaped all the time. Especially the apes. As they'd learn how to get the cages open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first thing I thought when I saw the OP was gorilla skull. Glad to see so many agreed with me. I suspect Coyote simply found something someone else planted there. And from the looks of it, not too long before. I'd hate to think he did UT himself for clicks...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The first thing I thought when I saw the OP was gorilla skull. Glad to see so many agreed with me. I suspect Coyote simply found something someone else planted there. And from the looks of it, not too long before. I'd hate to think he did UT himself for clicks...

You know that he did plant it himself, right?   It's a competitive industry and the most clicks wins.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You know that he did plant it himself, right?   It's a competitive industry and the most clicks wins.    

True. But I've seen some gamers who cheated "just a little", and have gone from millionares to canceled in nothing flat. If YT thinks he is committing a fraud, he could lose a lot of sponsors/patreons/income.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

True. But I've seen some gamers who cheated "just a little", and have gone from millionares to canceled in nothing flat. If YT thinks he is committing a fraud, he could lose a lot of sponsors/patreons/income.

Yes, but they still have most of their money.   It's worth the risk for many.  I don't think YouTube polices fraud much.   Maybe if it is a criminal offense.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, but they still have most of their money.   It's worth the risk for many.  I don't think YouTube polices fraud much.   Maybe if it is a criminal offense.  

I think it depends on how Monitized you are. How big a black eye it will cause them. 

If you're just Joe Nobody, they'll do nothing. If your Mr #5 Influencer, they'll care. And if it will cause an uproar, and cost them money, they'll act fast.

Edit: Also as someone who does Patreon some Youtubers, and UM too, if I though they were bring untruthful with me, I'd stop my donation.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I think it depends on how Monitized you are. How big a black eye it will cause them. 

If you're just Joe Nobody, they'll do nothing. If your Mr #5 Influencer, they'll care. And if it will cause an uproar, and cost them money, they'll act fast.

Edit: Also as someone who does Patreon some Youtubers, and UM too, if I though they were bring untruthful with me, I'd stop my donation.

When it comes to BF and the believers, they will entertain just about anything. They likely would never realize they're getting lied to.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, the13bats said:

Really ?!

( besides meldrum ) Is anyone credulous, naive, ignorant enough to still believe in the PGF ?

Even if a person did little to no research on this hoax doesnt diaper butted patty do a good enough job of debunking it?

William Munns has extensive experience as makeup/prosthetics artist for Hollywood and has researched the Patterson-Gimlin film.

themunnsreport.com

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Trelane said:

When it comes to BF and the believers, they will entertain just about anything. They likely would never realize they're getting lied to.

The true believers, yes. I had one on here who liked what I posted and wanted my home address, phone number and real name. I told him PMs were going to have to do. :w00t:

I didn't want some nutbar coming over to the house several times a week...

I'm willing to entertain a lot, but consider myself a bigfoot agnostic. So I am willing to believe, and open to just about anything, but I want some good evidence, or at least a possibility, before I throw support at something.. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How many toes does a sloth have?

Depends on the species and which foot you are counting. 

But this discussion is about BF, not sloths. Those pushing tracks seem unable to determine how many toes a BF has despite their incessant demand that tracks are evidence of BF.

So how many toes in a BF track?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Depends on the species and which foot you are counting. 

But this discussion is about BF, not sloths. Those pushing tracks seem unable to determine how many toes a BF has despite their incessant demand that tracks are evidence of BF.

So how many toes in a BF track?

correct. there is a two-toed sloth and a three-toed sloth. So it is obviously possible to have this kind of delineation in a theoretical BF 

• Haha 2

First, BF would have to be a real, living creature to start. Then you can start speculating on anatomy variances. Do you know what cause those sorts of variances in species? The answer to that question clearly shuts the case on the BF being real thing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

correct. there is a two-toed sloth and a three-toed sloth. So it is obviously possible to have this kind of delineation in a theoretical BF 

Are you attempting to place this alleged, hypothetical, three or four-toed footie primate among the great apes?  Cladistically speaking, Fred Flintstone is a cartoon.

Please demonstrate in the clade of great apes, which has less than 5 toes.

Humans? 

Chimps?

Eastern Gorilla?

Western Gorilla?

Sumatra Orangutan?

Bornea Orangutan?

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Trelane said:

First, BF would have to be a real, living creature to start. Then you can start speculating on anatomy variances. Do you know what cause those sorts of variances in species? The answer to that question clearly shuts the case on the BF being real thing.

I love the way that poster attempts to establish some sort of credibility by agreeing that there are two and three-toed sloths, as if this were some sort of controversy, and giving you a pat on the head for knowing this mundanity. Then there's his assertions of "black panthers re-establishing themselves in NC," despite their never, ever, being established there in the first place, or his assertion of an extant tortoise (or turtle as he called it) thought to be extinct but rediscovered despite a lack of evidence for existing, yet said evidence was explicit in the very link he cited.  Additionally, there's his Yeti assertion of a DNA blast of 99% human (whatever that means) with absolutely no independent attestation of such a thing.

It seems that a "hypothesis" in his world means something extracted from a nether region.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Portre said:

William Munns has extensive experience as makeup/prosthetics artist for Hollywood and has researched the Patterson-Gimlin film.

themunnsreport.com

As a huge Horror and FX fan, I can tell you without difficulty that Bill Munns cannot be placed in the same category of expertise as Dick Smith, Rick Baker or Stan Winston. 

Furthermore, Bill was shown, in detail, why so much of his reasoning was flawed, if not outright incorrect, yet pretended that he was still on track.

Last I saw of him, he was asking for Bigfoot believers to fund his ongoing "research" via ludicrous donations. I called him out on it and he sent me the most hilariously silly private messages that looked like they'd been hammered into the keyboard by a drunken teenaged girl who'd just been stood up at the local Nando's. 

Edited by Gilbert Syndrome
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And sloth toe counting is done on which foot? All sloths actually have the same number of toes. What differs is the number of fingers. There are 2 fingered species and 3 fingered species. We know this split into two types of sloth happened 35 to 40 million years ago because of the fossil record - something completely missing for BF.

So how many toes, not fingers, does a sloth have? Do all 6 species have the same number of toes?

So far, no believer in the tracks seems to be able to answer what I had assumed was a trivial question. How many toes does BF have? Those pushing tracks should know the answer.

• Like 3

As already pointed out, extant apes all have the same number of toes and have had the same number of toes in the fossil record.

Other mammalian lines might have differing numbers of digits and that is seen in the fossil record as well.

Now we all know that tracks may differ in quality. Some are not going to show the details such as toes, but many do. Get out the eyeballs all you track lovers and tell us how many toes in a bigfoot track.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

As a huge Horror and FX fan, I can tell you without difficulty that Bill Munns cannot be placed in the same category of expertise as Dick Smith, Rick Baker or Stan Winston. 

Let's say "Patty" is a man in a gorilla suit.  The visibility of the mask would be severely limited.  I don't accept that "Patty" could walk across a stream bed, while looking back, without stumbling. Even without the mask, I'd be watching where I place my next foot and the next and the next...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1