Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?

Eldorado

Four-part Netflix documentary series

“D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?!,” directed by Marina Zenovich, explores some of the people who have been trying to solve the Cooper mystery, while also touching on “Cooperites,” the would-be sleuths who scour the Internet for clues.

The series also reminds us of how pervasive the Cooper mythology has been in popular culture, where it’s spawned movies, TV shows, books, and far-fetched theories.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/love-sex/the-unsolved-case-of-skyjacker-db-cooper-is-explored-again-in-new-netflix-documentary-series/ar-AAZoAv

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Four-part Netflix documentary series

“D.B. Cooper: Where Are You?!,” directed by Marina Zenovich, explores some of the people who have been trying to solve the Cooper mystery, while also touching on “Cooperites,” the would-be sleuths who scour the Internet for clues.

The series also reminds us of how pervasive the Cooper mythology has been in popular culture, where it’s spawned movies, TV shows, books, and far-fetched theories.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/love-sex/the-unsolved-case-of-skyjacker-db-cooper-is-explored-again-in-new-netflix-documentary-series/ar-AAZoAv

You know I have followed this very closely for many many years. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Washington from 1989 until I retired in 2003 and then continued to live in Washington State until 2014. During my military career I went through Airborne Training early on, and stayed on jump status through my career. After giving this a lot of consideration and actually going to where the event occurred a number of times I believe he could have easily survived the jump. He may have been injured but I don’t believe for a minute he died. I do think however he may have lost all or possibly only the part of the money that was found on the river bank. I have also been to that location looking for more money, but no luck or I should say if anything was even found it was lost again before turning it in!:yes: ( Joking ) :D.

Anyway below is the entire FBI file on the D.B. Cooper case, hope you all enjoy it, it is a great read and it’s also how I found the all the locations where it happened, enjoy!:tu:

D.B.Cooper FBI File: https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

I believe he died during the jump. After that, a vegetation "swallowed" his body.

You know the only trace of his existence was some of the money that washed up on the Columbia River bank! I was in US Army and on Airborne status for 20 years. I totally believe he could have survived the Jump without life threatening injuries unless he came down in the middle of the Columbia River and got wrapped up in parachute then drowned and was washed out to sea. The night he jumped there was a major thunderstorm and besides that the Columbia River is very very wide, deep and extremely fast moving during tide changes.

if he landed upon the forested land and died, some evidence could still be found. The Parachute material and rigging would still remain after all these years and nothing has ever been found except the part of the money that was discovered. You know  when this occurred few people would attempt a jump like that, so I suspect the suspicion he was Vietnam Veteran was mostly true, and also one with jump experience. You see a experienced airborne veteran would know that recovering and burying or destroying the entire Parachute and all materials associated with it was the correct thing to do.

When I went through Jump School we were taught that very thing so in my opinion reasonably only two things could have happened. He either drowned in the river or he survived and disposed of his equipment like I described and if so it will never be found. The money found may have been lost during the jump that would explain how it got where it was found completely. 

JIMHO

• 3 weeks later...