Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congress approves measures to share UFO data

"There was one caveat, however, in that data pertaining to restricted military or government projects would most likely remain classified and would not be made available for access."

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nutrition Fact said:

America is so cheap.

Fortunately the governments in the rest of the world are free to release whatever shocking information on UFOs they have.

• Like 2

I support things being secret so our enemies dont know what we have ,

With so many eyes on the skies and im talking eyes not under any gov control if there were aliens out there we would know it.

Didn't Julian Assange already do this a few years ago, unofficially? 

On 7/19/2022 at 1:07 PM, psyche101 said:

Did he shared anything tangible which proves UFO's r something extraordinary?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeem said:

Did he shared anything tangible which proves UFO's r something extraordinary?

No, the government had most information on the more dubious Raellian UFO cult. Nothing about actual spaceships.

We have tracked UFOs with RADAR. Not a single one has ever been tracked as leaving our atmosphere, or entering it. 

There's no actual connection between UFOs and space. I've always thought that says a lot just by itself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

We have tracked UFOs with RADAR. Not a single one has ever been tracked as leaving our atmosphere, or entering it. 

Do we have any radar that can track something leaving orbit? Most radar can't track the altitude of flying objects since the dishes spin along the horizon.

55 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

Do we have any radar that can track something leaving orbit? Most radar can't track the altitude of flying objects since the dishes spin along the horizon.

Actually we do have radars capable of tracking stuff in orbit.  And they are in constant use tracking space debris. Mostly in Low Earth Orbit, but also out past some 36,000km. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badeskov said:

Actually we do have radars capable of tracking stuff in orbit.  And they are in constant use tracking space debris. Mostly in Low Earth Orbit, but also out past some 36,000km. 

And that is just civilian radars. The military has the really powerful BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System) radars. They are phased array radars and really sensitive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, badeskov said:

If an object isn't orbiting the Earth then it's unlikely these radar systems will detect them.

10 hours ago, badeskov said:

And that is just civilian radars. The military has the really powerful BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System) radars. They are phased array radars and really sensitive. 

And they're not likely to release reports on flying saucers.

22 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Do we have any radar that can track something leaving orbit?

Yes. 

22 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Most radar can't track the altitude of flying objects since the dishes spin along the horizon.

Yet there's quite a few records including Radar readings from planes. 

Every single one has a completely terrestrial trajectory. None ever have gone into, or come from space. 

The connection is assumption by people saying we don't have anything that can manoeuvre like that. Nothing actually connect's UFOs and space. It's entirely assumed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yet there's quite a few records including Radar readings from planes.

Where?

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Every single one has a completely terrestrial trajectory. None ever have gone into, or come from space.

Planes? Sure, I'll buy that.

4 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

Where?

Planes? Sure, I'll buy that.

Globally. Like the recent Tic Tac craze. 

UFOs. There are none. But there is RADAR evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Globally. Like the recent Tic Tac craze.

I just watched the video and I don't see the altitude of the object on the display. In fact disagreement over the altitude of the object led to a lot of confusion. Some said 20,000 feet, some said 80,000 feet and some were saying it was much much lower.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, astrobeing said:

I just watched the video and I don't see the altitude of the object on the display. In fact disagreement over the altitude of the object led to a lot of confusion. Some said 20,000 feet, some said 80,000 feet and some were saying it was much much lower.

Have you found any that lead into space? 

Where do you feel there is a connection?

Edited by psyche101

16 hours ago, astrobeing said:

If an object isn't orbiting the Earth then it's unlikely these radar systems will detect them.

oh trust me, they are detecting them. There are plenty of radar systems capable of detecting items in space, orbiting or not. 

16 hours ago, astrobeing said:

And they're not likely to release reports on flying saucers.

Not unless there is something actually to release. Scientists tend to be a tad averse to releasing something they do not have date to back up. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Have you found any that lead into space?

Remember back in March 2015 when astronomers suddenly discovered a rocket stage weighing three tons in a large orbit around the Earth? It eventually crashed into the Moon seven years later. Well, no one could figure out for certain where it came from or how long it had been up there. At first they thought it might be a SpaceX stage, then they figured it was most likely from one of China's Chang'e lunar missions in 2014. China denies this for some reason.

Somehow a three ton rocket sneaked past this "global" radar system and went into space and was in a large orbit around the Earth for several months before it was detected not by radar, but by volunteer astronomers using telescopes, and even then they lost track of it for years.

So I think little flying saucers have a very good chance of not being detected by radar as they zoom back to Alpha Centauri.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, psyche101 said:

If I remember well, Snowden did some search through government agency databases and didn't find anything.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 2:27 AM, astrobeing said:

Remember back in March 2015 when astronomers suddenly discovered a rocket stage weighing three tons in a large orbit around the Earth? It eventually crashed into the Moon seven years later. Well, no one could figure out for certain where it came from or how long it had been up there. At first they thought it might be a SpaceX stage, then they figured it was most likely from one of China's Chang'e lunar missions in 2014. China denies this for some reason.

Because it's a small object in a wide orbit, but mainly because China lied about it. They said it had already burned up. It's not supposed to be there 

What you are missing here is it got found. Small and apparently burned up in our own atmosphere, it didn't escape detection. 

Somehow a three ton rocket sneaked past this "global" radar system and went into space and was in a large orbit around the Earth for several months before it was detected not by radar, but by volunteer astronomers using telescopes, and even then they lost track of it for years.

Three tons. I hope you not indicating that that is big?

Amateur astronomers. Volunteer, but amateur astronomers have some very decent equipment and they have a 24/7 presence looking into space from the dark side if the planet. I belong to one. In fact one where a fellow countryman informed NASA of several large strikes on Jupiter. Anthony "birdstrike" Wesley beat NASA to the punch. I can tell you those astronomers don't like people who talk about aliens and spaceships much at all. They are considered kooks, despite a couple mainstream media stories claiming the opposite. Try talking to these people. Buy a telescope. I dare you. 

Amateur astronomers have also tracked a secret USA project in space. The Boeing X37 project. 8.8 meters long and it could not escape detection. Smaller than the spent stage you mentioned earlier and watched from earth. 

So I think little flying saucers have a very good chance of not being detected by radar as they zoom back to Alpha Centauri.

They have zero chance of carrying enough resources for a trip that far. Little sports model UFOs aren't viable space vehicles because size would restrict them from carrying fuel food and water. Alpha Centauri is four years at light speed. Nothing tiny is making that journey. 

I take it you found zero evidence of UFOs entering or leaving our atmosphere, as I said. I didn't see your reply on that aspect.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:30 AM, TrumanB said:

If I remember well, Snowden did some search through government agency databases and didn't find anything.

Assange found a very dubious UFO sex cult that advocates involving minors was being investigated. The Raellians.

But no aliens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Because it's a small object in a wide orbit, but mainly because China lied about it. They said it had already burned up. It's not supposed to be there

Just like a flying saucer is "not supposed to be there".

39 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What you are missing here is it got found. Small and apparently burned up in our own atmosphere, it didn't escape detection.

Yeah the stage that supposedly burned up got itself found... after months of zipping around the Earth. Where was that global radar network you were talking about that covers every object that's attempting to escape Earth's gravity? Was it out of order during those months?

42 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Three tons. I hope you not indicating that that is big?

I dunno. How big are those flying saucers?

42 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Amateur astronomers have also tracked a secret USA project in space. The Boeing X37 project. 8.8 meters long and it could not escape detection. Smaller than the spent stage you mentioned earlier and watched from earth.

Yes they did! After the X37 had orbited the Earth several hundred times one of them finally spotted it. If only the aliens would make themselves so visible!

46 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They have zero chance of carrying enough resources for a trip that far. Little sports model UFOs aren't viable space vehicles because size would restrict them from carrying fuel food and water. Alpha Centauri is four years at light speed. Nothing tiny is making that journey. 

Oh my gosh you thought my Alpha Centauri quip was serious! You are precious.

47 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I take it you found zero evidence of UFOs entering or leaving our atmosphere, as I said. I didn't see your reply on that aspect.

Yes, as I said pretty much anything could enter or leave our atmosphere without detection.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

Just like a flying saucer is "not supposed to be there".

But none ever spotted entering or leaving the atmosphere despite how many UFO spaceship claims? 

Yeah the stage that supposedly burned up got itself found... after months of zipping around the Earth. Where was that global radar network you were talking about that covers every object that's attempting to escape Earth's gravity? Was it out of order during those months?

No. It was supposedly accounted for. It's small and in a wide orbit 

Yet it got detected. You seem to be avoiding that point.

Yet in the entire history of UFOs, not a single one has been tracked. And there is supposedly thousands of such opportunities.

Logic says no. 

As big as you want them to be. Alien spaceship ideas are pure fantasy after all. 

Yes they did! After the X37 had orbited the Earth several hundred times one of them finally spotted it. If only the aliens would make themselves so visible!

Withing 24 hours an eight meter long craft was identified.

Do you get how small eight meters actually is? Looking at it from the surface of the planet?

How many UFO reports are there again? Several thousand to choose from? 

If the UFOs are spaceships, we should have solid proof, and trajectories indicating the point of origin.

All we do have is a lot of amateur astronomers annoyed at kooks saying spaceships come here and drag them down with them. 

Oh my gosh you thought my Alpha Centauri quip was serious! You are precious.

Honestly, considering how credulous your posting has been to date, nothing would surprise me. 

Yes, as I said pretty much anything could enter or leave our atmosphere without detection.

No it can't. There are just too many eyes and instruments, professional and amateur to make such an obtuse claim. And too many claims. Yours against tremendous odds. 

I take it the answer remains no. There is no actual connection between UFOs and space. It's entirely assumed. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 2

On 7/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, astrobeing said:

Van size, in my case. How they get in and out without detection is weird since I saw it leave. Or, they're detected and not a damn thing can be done about it.

• Like 1