Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 dead in Indiana mall shooting; witness kills gunman, police say


Grim Reaper 6
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Three people were fatally shot and two were injured Sunday evening at an Indiana mall after a man with a rifle opened fire in a food court and an armed civilian shot and killed him, police said. The man entered the Greenwood Park Mall with several magazines of ammunition and began firing in the food court, Greenwood Police Department Chief Jim Ison said. 

Four of those hit by gunfire were females and one was a male, Ison said. He didn't immediately know the specific gender or age of those who were killed. He said a 12-year-old girl was among the two injured, both of whom are in stable condition.

A 22-year-old from nearby Bartholomew County who was legally carrying a firearm at the mall shot and killed the gunman, Ison said at a news conference. The real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop the shooter almost as soon as he began," Ison said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/3-dead-in-indiana-mall-shooting-witness-kills-gunman-police-say/ar-AAZGdAe?cvid=d0be6c30b7c946659351316faa17f58b

 


 

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Three people were fatally shot and two were injured Sunday evening at an Indiana mall after a man with a rifle opened fire in a food court and an armed civilian shot and killed him, police said. The man entered the Greenwood Park Mall with several magazines of ammunition and began firing in the food court, Greenwood Police Department Chief Jim Ison said. 

Four of those hit by gunfire were females and one was a male, Ison said. He didn't immediately know the specific gender or age of those who were killed. He said a 12-year-old girl was among the two injured, both of whom are in stable condition.

A 22-year-old from nearby Bartholomew County who was legally carrying a firearm at the mall shot and killed the gunman, Ison said at a news conference. The real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop the shooter almost as soon as he began," Ison said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/3-dead-in-indiana-mall-shooting-witness-kills-gunman-police-say/ar-AAZGdAe?cvid=d0be6c30b7c946659351316faa17f58b

 


 

 

Kudos to a man. Killer with a gun can be stopped by a man with a gun.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Kudos to a man. Killer with a gun can be stopped by a man with a gun.

That's what it takes to put a damper on this crap, but somehow the shooter will get the lions share of the publicity and the man that stopped him will be nothing more than a footnote.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

That's what it takes to put a damper on this crap, but somehow the shooter will get the lions share of the publicity and the man that stopped him will be nothing more than a footnote.

I really hope you are wrong, but I think you are right on the spot, unless the guy who shot the killer isn't white...

I know, I know, I'm racisit...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I really hope you are wrong, but I think you are right on the spot, unless the guy who shot the killer isn't white...

I know, I know, I'm racisit...

I'll even venture that this shooting won't get much traction here on UM simply for the fact that you had two armed people one with malevolent intent and one who stopped it. So the issue is of the intent of the two individuals and it takes the argument away from evil guns.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I'll even venture that this shooting won't get much traction here on UM simply for the fact that you had two armed people one with malevolent intent and one who stopped it. So the issue is of the intent of the two individuals and it takes the argument away from evil guns.

[sarcasm/on] But you have to admit, forks do kill....[sarcasm/off]

Anyway, traction could go as far as you are commited. If Viva, LegalBytes, Nate, or even Chicks on the Right, or Crowder, etc will cover the issue I will post here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I was just at that mall three days ago so it is a fair bit surreal to hear about this happening. I eat in the food court there pretty often. At least once a week (it's on my drive home every day). 

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, one was there to shoot people and one was Johnny on the spot and not afraid to stop him from shooting more people. Who knows how many people he may have saved.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATED: Compiling Cases where concealed handgun permit holders have stopped likely mass public shootings

UCLA Law Professor Eugene Volokh wrote in the Washington Post on April 20, 2015: “Have civilians with permitted concealed handguns stopped such mass shootings before?”  We provided Volokh with a list of such cases, which he used.

Below, we have collected news stories on more cases of permit holders stopping mass public shootings with their handguns (we separately collect cases where concealed handguns are used to stop other crimes).  There is no reason to believe that this list is comprehensive, given how little media coverage is devoted to these heroic acts.  In addition, we make no attempt here to list here the vast number of defensive gun uses in general that are reported daily in the US.

cont...

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/07/uber-driver-in-chicago-stops-mass-public-shooting/

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

I really hope you are wrong, but I think you are right on the spot, unless the guy who shot the killer isn't white...

I know, I know, I'm racisit...

Can't wait to see it spun, and it will be spun into something about white supremacy, transphobia, xenophobia and/or hair discrimination, no matter who dunnit.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I was just at that mall three days ago so it is a fair bit surreal to hear about this happening. I eat in the food court there pretty often. At least once a week (it's on my drive home every day). 

I am Glad you where not there that day!:tu:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Well, one was there to shoot people and one was Johnny on the spot and not afraid to stop him from shooting more people. Who knows how many people he may have saved.

Well Susie, this is another dam tragic situation with no end in sight! But, yes the individual who killed the shoot should be hailed Nationwide as a Hero. However, actions like his are the exception not the rule yet, I actually have been waiting for one of the freaks that decides to go on a shooting spree to be killed by a Brave American! Hopefully this will become the normal action of Americans who are confronted with future situations like this.

I believe that if this becomes a normal response, many people who are considering shooting their fellow Americans will be deterred from doing so because they are cowards. This situation will make them frightened and keep them looking over there shoulders which may be enough to prevent at least some futures acts of terror!

Thanks for your Support, hope this finds you heathy and safe!:tu:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I'll even venture that this shooting won't get much traction here on UM simply for the fact that you had two armed people one with malevolent intent and one who stopped it. So the issue is of the intent of the two individuals and it takes the argument away from evil guns.

So you missed the bit about three dead I take it?

19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

who was legally carrying a firearm

Nope, gun culture is still barbaric and outdated. Evil in fact.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't every gang member that shoots back at a driveby technically a "good guy with a gun"?  It's weird that they get arrested and the news always calls it a "shoot out" among criminals.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@susieice Susie I want to include you in my comments here. Because you tireless in every single one of these situations poor your heart out for the victims of mass shooting or any other national Emergency! You always have a positive attitude and everything you do is out of concern for others, both your actions and comments prove this without doubt. So I am proud to have you except me as a friend, and again for all you do, I want to include you here and give you a shout out!  To say thank you for what you do even with the hell America has been experiencing over the last 10 years, that has only become increasingly worst each year as the Mass Shooting intensify.. I recognize and sincerely appreciate everything you do and especially the reason you do it! :tu:

@psyche101 my friend your not even an American, however you standup and embody the American spirit in the face of adversity. Your called names, like Lefty, liberal, and told by to refrain from commenting on American political, and national issues of morality that are viewed worldwide. Well in my typical and sometimes uncouth manner I am proud to have you as a friend and as someone I can listen to that not only do I agree with, but also is someone I can learn from and respect. To me it’s sad that many of my fellow Americans, can’t see the value you provid by speaking your mind on issues both political and moral, while never allowing the negative atmosphere to effect your stand. So thanks sincerely I appreciate what you do!:tu:

I posted this thread to the forum, because the United States which is the country I love and have dedicated my life to is in National Crisis where senseless killings have been occurring more frequently each year since 2012. Here we are in July of 2022, and these situations have escalated from a National Crisis to a National Emergency, it has gotten to the point where no one currently living in the United States is safe. Not American School Children, not American families, not our elderly, and certainly not our Nations Police forces. Since 911 America our law enforcement community, our Government, and the intelligence community has been consumed with terrorist threats.

The foreign actors that tried to destroy our national spirit failed miserably and the most hunted Religious Extremist who was responsible for the 911 attack and for setting up a worldwide terrorist network was killed by members of JSOC which was instrumental in disassembling the majority of that network. However while the foreign threat isn’t completely eliminated America has an equally great Domestic Terrorist threat of lone gunmen who over the last 10 years have only increased in number. These individuals are no different than any other terrorist worldwide and they should be given no quarter and shot on sight by other patriotic Americans who who legally have Concealed Carry Permits and are present happen when one of these domestic terrorist starts trying to kill other Americans.

The young American who prevented this event from escalating according to the police officer in the video below had a concealed carry permit and was legally carrying his firearm. The Police Officer went on to say that due to his fast heroic response that the terrorist was stopped almost as soon as he began with was a heroic act that prevented much greater loss of American lives that day. I hope this is a wake up call for both the terrorists who carry out currently planning these horrific senseless crimes and also to those who legally carry concealed. Because the individuals who commit these acts of terror are Cowards, that not matter the circumstances in my opinion deserve any consideration at all. I also believe that as little media coverage as possible should be used in these situations because along with being cowards some of these demented terrorists commit these crimes for the attention they will receive and by only providing the bare minimum information,  this may help prevent another shooting if it only works once it worthwhile.

Also I am certain that some the cowards out there right who are considering committing another one of these crimes may have had the fear of gods placed in them by the young man’s actions. One thing that is not common place in these situations is that the terrorist commits suicide which means to me that they don’t plan to die after they commit these horrible crimes, so l think they should post the shooters body online for everyone to view so that other terrorists realize that could also be their faith! Furthermore, I think the prison sentence for these crimes if not the death penalty, should be that the individuals should be placed in Solitary Confinement for the rest of their miserable lives with no human contact the thought of this may also may be a deterrent for someone considering these crimes. Last I hope even though there was a tragic loss of lives that this may give Americans a little hope just something to hold in too.

I also hope it energizes others who carry concealed to reevaluate themselves, because while I can’t prove I believe that in some of the other public events that their were people carrying that possibly didn’t act. There is shame  because no matter how proficient one is at shooting targets that don’t shoot back, many Americans may not be able to kill another human being. Let’s face it killing another human is not a natural act, and until someone actually does it they will never know if they can really do it. Because when you pull your firearm there is no wound there only kill because that’s the only way to end the threat. Anyone who thinks in a split second encounter that they can shoot to wound is deceiving themselves which could get themselves killed. Last never let any  other, person know you are carrying concealed, and only pull your firearm if your life is threatened then shoot to kill! While I was living in the United States in the 30 years of carrying concealed I only. Pulled my pistol once until that day no one ever suspected I was carrying concealed!

Thanks for everyone’s comments in this thread, I appreciate the support concerning this tragic subject and event!:cry:

 

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

So you missed the bit about three dead I take it?

Obviously you missed the part where within 2 minutes the 22 year old unloaded 10 rounds out of his Glock in the perps direction thereby stopping more carnage.

Just to be sure you understand the death toll would have been greater had not a armed citizen stood up and taken the action that he did.

Oh and do Australian criminals abide by your gun laws? NO THEY DON'T. Are illegal guns in the possession of Australian criminals? YES THEY ARE. Is there good citizen's in Australia with illegal guns? Yes there are. Just a matter of time before your next mass shooting and it isn't IF it will happen but WHEN. Who is going to stop them? Somebody with a milk crate? Highly doubtful that you'll get that lucky again and that was just a stabbing incident.

You can pizz and moan all you want about our gun culture, but at least we have the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones. I guess you'll just have to cower and hope for the best.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The  22 year old gentelman who was having lunch when the terrorist began shooting innocent Americans was from Bartholmow County Philadelphia.Popular to contrary beliefs by some individuals who have posted comments to this thread, the chances are very high that the Young man will be nominated and receive the Highest Civilian Award for Valor America has to offer, see the information below!

The above and beyond Civilian Honors Award is the Highest Civilian Ward for Valor that is awarded by the Government of The United States of America 

 

The Above & Beyond Citizen Honors were created to inspire and encourage all Americans to promote “service before self.” Every day in this country, ordinary Americans become extraordinary. It can happen in a single instance of bravery – or through continued service to others. These acts of courage and self-sacrifice symbolize the American spirit and are recognized every year by our nation’s greatest heroes.

Each year a nationwide search and selection process is conducted to identify and honor remarkable Americans who have acted selflessly towards their fellow citizens. The top three receive the Above & Beyond Citizen Honors (“Citizen Honors”). The honorees receive this award from a group of Americans whose actions have defined the words courage and selfless service — the living members of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.

These brave Americans have received the Medal of Honor for their acts of valor performed during wartime and present the Citizen Honors to Americans who are showing courage and dedicating themselves to service here at home. The Citizen Honors are supported by every branch of the United States Armed Forces.

https://www.davidclarkcause.com/above-beyond-awards

The Jenice Fagan was the first recipient of the Civilian Honor Award for Valor and A heroic act! The following video explains her Courageous actions and her willingness to sacrifice herself fir the Lives of her student, when a student from the School went on a rampage and started shooting other students. Please watch the video her bravery is certainly inspiring. The action of the Young man from Philadelphia whom this thread is about also acted in a very similar manner to the actions of Jenice Fagan so there is little doubt he will be nominated I sencerely hope receives this award!:tu: 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't every gang member that shoots back at a driveby technically a "good guy with a gun"?  It's weird that they get arrested and the news always calls it a "shoot out" among criminals.

You just made me think. Damn you.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't every gang member that shoots back at a driveby technically a "good guy with a gun"?  It's weird that they get arrested and the news always calls it a "shoot out" among criminals.

The law is quite clear. Holding a handgun sideways while shooting makes you a criminal

:tu:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't every gang member that shoots back at a driveby technically a "good guy with a gun"?  It's weird that they get arrested and the news always calls it a "shoot out" among criminals.

It depends on the criminal record of the gang member who is returning fire. If he is a convicted felon, then he would fall under the category of “bad guy with a gun” because he is illegally in possession of a firearm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't every gang member that shoots back at a driveby technically a "good guy with a gun"?  It's weird that they get arrested and the news always calls it a "shoot out" among criminals.

You must be joking right?

Law enforcement certainly does always refer to and treat GANG SHOOTINGS in that manner, why because those criminals who are a blight to any community are killing each other is a method to clear that bight! The only times law enforcement truly responds and make GANG SHOOTINGs a priority is when innocent Americans are harmed or killed as a result of the violence, abd that’s how it should be. If I were investigating Gangsters killing each other I would not spend a great deal of time doing it. If an immediate result was discovered, then  yea of course I would deal with it. However, if that wasn’t the case, I would file the Deaths under S & S and most likely never get back to them. I feel there are too few Police to worry about Gangsters killing each, in fact it’s a way to thin out the herd! Now I certain know many here will disagree, frankly I don’t give a dam, the Drug culture that the Gangsters that represent it, are a blight on our entire society that serves not purpose, so when they kill each other, that’s a proactive way to remove at least some of that blight effectively and permanently!:yes:

My philosophy is simple no sympathy for the Devil of his Demons, and God have mercy on the soul of anyone who harms my family because you dam well believe this I certainly will not!!!:angry::devil:

C8FAA682-C864-4BD6-8667-607EB797CB5E.jpeg.6f211365b6fcdf59e05f00d70ab02c1b.jpeg

BBC7B4E0-7CA9-490C-ACD3-1680A710A7D7.jpeg.ac9420f480e2ebf88ba61b354c2fe68e.jpeg

 

JINMHO.:tu:

 

 

8 hours ago, simplybill said:

It depends on the criminal record of the gang member who is returning fire. If he is a convicted felon, then he would fall under the category of “bad guy with a gun” because he is illegally in possession of a firearm.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Obviously you missed the part where within 2 minutes the 22 year old unloaded 10 rounds out of his Glock in the perps direction thereby stopping more carnage.

No, I'm talking about the people who should not be dead..

21 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Just to be sure you understand the death toll would have been greater had not a armed citizen stood up and taken the action that he did.

And if guns are regulated nobody would have had one there in the first place. You create problems to solve and then think that's somehow a good thing. 

21 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Oh and do Australian criminals abide by your gun laws? NO THEY DON'T. Are illegal guns in the possession of Australian criminals? YES THEY ARE. Is there good citizen's in Australia with illegal guns? Yes there are. Just a matter of time before your next mass shooting and it isn't IF it will happen but WHEN. Who is going to stop them? Somebody with a milk crate? Highly doubtful that you'll get that lucky again and that was just a stabbing incident.

You can wish we will stumble and fall but it won't happen.

Criminals who can afford fifteen or twenty K for a gun have one. Not school shooters. Not met heads robbing a store. No Facebook fights settled with death. They just shoot each other. That's actually a good thing. 

21 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You can pizz and moan all you want about our gun culture, but at least we have the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones. I guess you'll just have to cower and hope for the best.

Bwahahahaha, protect? Looks like you hide behind them from here. We don't know how to cower. We don't have to worry about being shot for attending a public place or going to school.

Can you even imagine a place like that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, psyche101 said:

gun culture is still barbaric and outdated.

psyche - there’s no such thing as ‘gun culture’. That’s just a made-up term used to portray gun ownership in a negative light. 

Gun confiscation won’t work here in the US any more than the “War on Drugs” has reduced illegal drug possession. In fact, gun confiscation would make life even more dangerous for law-abiding citizens that have been stripped of their best means of self defense.

If guns are banned, criminals will use the same smuggling tactics and the same smuggling routes to smuggle guns as they do to smuggle illegal drugs. The infrastructure is already in place. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 3:36 AM, Manwon Lender said:

The  22 year old gentelman who was having lunch when the terrorist began shooting innocent Americans was from Bartholmow County Philadelphia.Popular to contrary beliefs by some individuals who have posted comments to this thread, the chances are very high that the Young man will be nominated and receive the Highest Civilian Award for Valor America has to offer, see the information below!

Concealed Carry permits are local so technically he broke the law and should be charged :lol:  Just say'n...........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.