Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunter claims to have had Bigfoot in his sights 'for 20 minutes'

UM-Bot

In 1999, even I had a cell phone with camera.  Twenty minutes? Sheesh!  :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it scratched its back on the tree there should be trace physical evidence there...
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

This sounds to me more like he saw a 'wild man' in the forest. Not a bugfoot.

I dont know what he saw if he saw anything this is just another story and anecdotal is not proof and at this point not evidence.

6 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

If it scratched its back on the tree there should be trace physical evidence there...

Check my sink my shower after i get ready to go out i leave hair behind in my case midnight ruby colored.

Of all these stories of seeing BF these people never seem to go look for physical evidence which there of course would be lots of, do i assume they are all idiots and full of bull and know it wasnt BF or just too darn lazy to take the next step in changing the world.

• Like 4

Just glad that it didn't end up in typical American fashion, which is shooting things with a gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CloudSix said:

Just glad that it didn't end up in typical American fashion, which is shooting things with a gun.

Why is that typical?   

Typically bigfoot sightings have not ended with a gunshot?

Typically when an American sees a deer, there is no shooting. 

Typically when a hunter is in the woods, with a gun, they do not shoot at things they are not hunting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 7/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Portre said:

I didn't.  And in 1999 at 140 yards in the forest your picture would have been, meh anyways.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I didn't.  And in 1999 at 140 yards in the forest your picture would have been, meh anyways.

So a typical footie photo then?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

It came within 40 yards

6 minutes ago, Portre said:

It came within 40 yards

Regardless.  1999 phone camera in the dim forest taking a picture of a black object.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Portre said:

It came within 40 yards

Would still be a typical footie photo.  I am waiting for something like this:photo-1526290725625-4f1e2f8766bd?ixlib=r

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CloudSix said:

Such an original and cultured response.:tu:

What should a hunter do with their legal and licensed firearm do? I know, we'll just throw it at the target. 

Edited by Trelane
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, Portre said:

Damn I must have gotten into the cellphone game late. My first one was in late 2012. Small flip phone.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 8:20 AM, CloudSix said:

Lol, if that were true and BF existed we wouldnt be here in this thread we would have mancaves full of prem beer cans nudie mags and taxidermed BFs,

• Haha 1

I have to say, I once had to carry/drag an injured friend half a mile to the car to get them out of the woods, and it was hard work, and I was young back then.  Honestly, if I could shoot a lone BF dead and drag it back to a news outlet, I would, but I strongly doubt I could carry or (way more likely) drag it far, if they are as big and as stinky as legends suggest.  Hell, I think you'd be hard pressed to get the body into a ute without a block and tackle or a fair number of helpers.  There is also the possibility that the BF will not be alone, and you won't make it to the ute (if some of the more bloodthirsty BF folklore is to be believed).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why would you want to shoot something that you couldn't positively identify? Hell, with my luck if I was stupid enough to shoot it I would find that it was really just an idiot in a monkey suit trying to mess with someone!! If I am not certain what it is AND want to kill it to eat or kill it to protect myself it is safe from me. A beast walking around scratching itself on a tree is not worthy of me killing it. I wouldn't shoot a bear if I wasn't hunting them.

• Like 1

I'm sure this fella is very popular around the campfire to tell his stories. Very entertaining, very ridiculous.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I'm sure this fella is very popular around the campfire to tell his stories. Very entertaining, very ridiculous.

My personal fave footie fable is then one where Ole Foo is tossing around wild pigs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DanL said:

Why would you want to shoot something that you couldn't positively identify? Hell, with my luck if I was stupid enough to shoot it I would find that it was really just an idiot in a monkey suit trying to mess with someone!! If I am not certain what it is AND want to kill it to eat or kill it to protect myself it is safe from me. A beast walking around scratching itself on a tree is not worthy of me killing it. I wouldn't shoot a bear if I wasn't hunting them.

I wouldnt shoot anything but consider this and im in the USA if a person shoots and kills a bigfoot ( not that i believe they exist just waxing ) and its learned postmortem that BF is of the genus homo then the shooter is guilty of homicide and perhaps premeditated if he was out hunting BF.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Resume said:

My personal fave footie fable is then one where Ole Foo is tossing around wild pigs.

Was that in Australia? If so it might have just been openozy on a hunt.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Resume said:

My nerves OCD etc playing hell on me today plus feel crappy and facing a work weekend so ill stop whining, you gave me a thread idea.....

Why do I not believe this guy? 20 minutes, is why

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, DanL said:

Why would you want to shoot something that you couldn't positively identify?

If you have a dead specimen, you can have it positively identified.

Hell, with my luck if I was stupid enough to shoot it I would find that it was really just an idiot in a monkey suit trying to mess with someone!!

Well if they want to put on their fursona in public, then they have to take their chances.  While the hilarious story about the trans-species guy who dressed as a deer and got shot is satire, it is also a realistic scenario.

I wouldn't shoot a bear if I wasn't hunting them.

Not even if it was hunting you?

• Like 1