Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

time dilation

trevor borocz johnson

I'm still on the fence about this one, but perhaps you experience time dilation from moving through space because you absorb energy in the form of heat as you go faster through space, unlike burning energy to move faster, the small amount of friction in space from its universal temperature is absorbed as you reach high speeds and you leave behind a wake of colder space as you absorb energy continuously occupying a new spot, but the heat absorbed would slow down electron functions and 'time' the same way a gravity field does. We could test this by altering the temperature of two precise clocks, one hot and one cold.

• Like 1

I have recently been thinking about energy and time flow.

I think they might be the same thing. Energy enables change, change cannot happen with a passage of time, I think while physics see`s them as separate they might be the same thing.

Which with gravity would mean energy moves towards energy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I have recently been thinking about energy and time flow.

I think they might be the same thing. Energy enables change, change cannot happen with a passage of time, I think while physics see`s them as separate they might be the same thing.

well cook, it just may be. I think time flow is more relevant to the gravity field you are in, our universe just being a big gravity field of the nucleus. Still cook, I am lost on this page of how the universe works and doubtful atom's absorb heat at high speeds. Perhaps in stars when atom's bump into each other they cause a cratering type energy to release heat, then ....Idk ha

• Like 1

On second thought the moving object does get hotter but not because it absorbs energy. Because each point that that it moves through is like splashing into new colder water, and because the background of the universe is infinite and unbreakable the gravity field of the moving object shrinks in gradually as you move faster and becomes dense and hotter nearer the atom just as a gravity field puts pressure on atom's.

Edited by trevor borocz johnson
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I'm still on the fence about this one, but perhaps you experience time dilation from moving through space because you absorb energy in the form of heat as you go faster through space, unlike burning energy to move faster, the small amount of friction in space from its universal temperature is absorbed as you reach high speeds and you leave behind a wake of colder space as you absorb energy continuously occupying a new spot, but the heat absorbed would slow down electron functions and 'time' the same way a gravity field does. We could test this by altering the temperature of two precise clocks, one hot and one cold.

No, for two reasons. Firstly, heat and friction doesn't figure in the maths for relativity. It is still predicted to happen in an empty environment.

Secondly, and more importantly, your idea doesn't work because then time dilation would be independent of any secondary observer, and the whole point in time dilation is that it's relative to someone else's measurement of time.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 9:41 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Physics certainly does not see these as separate. We know that "change" (i.e. work) is done using an energy gradient, and that maximum entropy means no more energy gradient, and no more passing of time (in any meaningful way). This has been understood for decades.

Not sure this really means anything tbh.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:30 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

I think time flow is more relevant to the gravity field you are in

I don't really know what this means. Gravity changes the flow of time relative to measurements outside of that gravity field, but that's the same thing as accelerating through space. It changes the flow of time because it lengthens the amount of space-time you have to travel through. It really is as simple as that.

, our universe just being a big gravity field of the nucleus.

No idea what this means.

I am lost on this page of how the universe works and doubtful atom's absorb heat at high speeds.

It is nothing about high speeds. It's about distances in spacetime. 

17 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

On second thought the moving object does get hotter but not because it absorbs energy.

No. An object moving through a medium gets hotter because it converts kinetic energy to thermal energy.

One thing you're missing is that time dilation happens in space, and yet there is very, very little friction when travelling in a vacuum.

Because each point that that it moves through is like splashing into new colder water, and because the background of the universe is infinite and unbreakable the gravity field of the moving object shrinks in gradually as you move faster and becomes dense and hotter nearer the atom just as a gravity field puts pressure on atom's.

This is just a word-salad, sorry.

6 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Because each point that that it moves through is like splashing into new colder water, and because the background of the universe is infinite and unbreakable the gravity field of the moving object shrinks in gradually as you move faster and becomes dense and hotter nearer the atom just as a gravity field puts pressure on atom's.

This is just a word-salad, sorry.

This is the only point I'm making in the entire post. You don't gain or lose energy when gravity fields of large round object's cause momentum. This is because the background and everything in the universe, ie the infinite cold tug of expansive space vs the infinite squeezing of matter density/heat,  space is an infinite one and matter is in infinite numbers and the two have a balance Otherwise they would mix together which is impossible, how do you fit the infinitely big into the infinitely small? makes no sense. So since no energy is gained or lost from movement of an object in the form of heat, it takes a fraction of a second each time it enters new cold space for its gravity field to expand out and as such the gravity field is pressured in on the electron the same way earth's gravity field puts pressure on you and your electron's, and it causes the function of the electron to vibrate slower.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

You don't gain or lose energy when gravity fields of large round object's cause momentum.

What do you mean by "momentum"? Do you mean motion, or acceleration? 

This is because the background and everything in the universe, ie the infinite cold tug of expansive space vs the infinite squeezing of matter density/heat

I don't know what "the infinite cold tug of expansive space" means. Space is only expanding in between cosmic regions. It isn't expanding on an atomic level.

,  space is an infinite one and matter is in infinite numbers and the two have a balance Otherwise they would mix together which is impossible, how do you fit the infinitely big into the infinitely small? makes no sense.

I've read this so many times, and I think you're just misunderstanding the basics of cosmology. We don't know that space is infinite, or that there is infinite matter. There is no such thing as "infinitely small", not really. I don't get why "very big" and "very small" together doesn't make sense to you.

So since no energy is gained or lost from movement of an object in the form of heat,

Of course it is - when something heats up, the energy radiates away.

it takes a fraction of a second each time it enters new cold space for its gravity field to expand out and as such the gravity field is pressured in on the electron the same way earth's gravity field puts pressure on you and your electron's, and it causes the function of the electron to vibrate slower.

Gravity is staggeringly weak at the subatomic scale. Aside from the fact that "each time it enters new cold space for its gravity field to expand out" doesn't mean anything, no, the gravity field on an electron is not the same as the gravity field of the earth on you. Gravity is a two way street. You exert a pull on the earth just like it exerts a pull on you. 

8 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Gravity is staggeringly weak at the subatomic scale. Aside from the fact that "each time it enters new cold space for its gravity field to expand out" doesn't mean anything, no, the gravity field on an electron is not the same as the gravity field of the earth on you. Gravity is a two way street. You exert a pull on the earth just like it exerts a pull on you. 

The gravity field may already be expanded out upon entering each new cold point in space, but each time it enters the new colder space, the heat of the gravity field loses to the coldness of space, and because the infinite background of space doesn't break apart into constituent pieces, instead of the nucleus losing heat energy, it gets hotter due to its heat as gravity field being crushed in by new colder water splishing. It's the difference between heat that is free flowing and heat that is at a standstill like in the nucleus. If you held a hose on a wood fire the fire would go out. If you held a hose on a heat at a standstill fire the source of the fire would get hotter as you push against the flames but the water never reaches the source because its infinite.

7 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

The gravity field may already be expanded out upon entering each new cold point in space, but each time it enters the new colder space, the heat of the gravity field loses to the coldness of space, and because the infinite background of space doesn't break apart into constituent pieces, instead of the nucleus losing heat energy, it gets hotter due to its heat as gravity field being crushed in by new colder water splishing. It's the difference between heat that is free flowing and heat that is at a standstill like in the nucleus. If you held a hose on a wood fire the fire would go out. If you held a hose on a heat at a standstill fire the source of the fire would get hotter as you push against the flames but the water never reaches the source because its infinite.

I don't know what else to say other than, "no, sorry".

On 7/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, Emma_Acid said:

I don't know what else to say other than, "no, sorry".

So in earth's gravity field time dilation is an effect of the density of space. Energy's function is slowed down by the gravity field. The pressure of the gravity field on an object in the gravity field causes the nucleus to get hotter and it's gravity field to shrink in size. It would be like if you dipped a red hot pan in a pool of cold water, however the heat can't escape from the pot because the nucleus doesn't exchange energy with the background medium of space.during movement. So each time your pot is in new colder water it heats the nucleus up more and more just like the denser a gravity field the more it pressurizes the atom.

• 2 weeks later...

If the universe is an atom to an outside universe moving enormous distances in one second of our time, it would seem as though the background medium of space would be pulled through our universe at pretty high speeds. But because of the nature of the heat from the nucleus being infinitely hot and at a standstill, the high speeds through the outside universe actually make it hotter and denser in our universe. So the background medium of heat that is space is always a result of a gravity field of matter, and when matter moves through space instead of losing energy like a boat with its engine off slowing down, the heat of the nucleus pulls its energy in and space doesn't gain or lose energy. So the coldness of space surrounds the nucleus but the heat of the nucleus doesn't leak off into space, creating relativity of time dilation between objects and a much different medium then air or any other.

• Confused 1

It's simple. Heat from the nucleus isn't effected the same way as dipping a hot pan in cold water. Matter keeps its heat/density as it moves through new cold space. When matter moves through space it moves relative to the nucleus of the universe. The background medium of space would seem to take forever when considering there is infinite heat in a nucleus at smaller and smaller levels. It's a picture impossible to draw as a 2D gravity well because its deep infinitely, but 3 dimensionally I guess the time it takes to heat up space becomes smaller and smaller as well. Because heat at a standstill connects everything together with gravity appropriatley, when an atom moves .45% the speed of light through the universe it doesn't just fly apart.

So matter doesn't cut through space like a plane in the air, but rather moves its tugging force around the infinite background of the universe,

the background medium of space which is heat is infinite in two ways, big and cold, and small and hot. Because they 'tug' on each other and don't exchange energy in the process 

7 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Another word salad.

Just, to think, refer to the word salad if you think this atropoly is then you are none right as much as all a ton!

19 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

When matter moves through space it moves relative to the nucleus of the universe.

There is no such thing as "the nucleus of the universe".

The background medium of space would seem to take forever when considering there is infinite heat in a nucleus at smaller and smaller levels.

No, there isn't "infinite heat in a nucleus". I'm not being rude but this is meaningless, scientifically.

It's a picture impossible to draw as a 2D gravity well because its deep infinitely, but 3 dimensionally I guess the time it takes to heat up space becomes smaller and smaller as well.

As is this.

Because heat at a standstill connects everything together with gravity appropriatley, when an atom moves .45% the speed of light through the universe it doesn't just fly apart.

What does "heat at a standstill" mean?? Again, the rest of the sentence is scientifically meaningless.

So matter doesn't cut through space like a plane in the air, but rather moves its tugging force around the infinite background of the universe,

There is no such thing as "the infinite background of the universe". Do you mean the CMB? Or the fabric of spacetime?

the background medium of space which is heat is infinite in two ways, big and cold, and small and hot. Because they 'tug' on each other and don't exchange energy in the process 

How can something be both infinitely big and cold and small and hot at the same time??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

How can something be both infinitely big and cold and small and hot at the same time??

All there is is heat.name something that exists that doesn't have temperature. If you take away heat you take away existence.

43 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

All there is is heat.name something that exists that doesn't have temperature. If you take away heat you take away existence.

Ok, bring your model, you know, set of equations to include your temperatures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

name something that exists that doesn't have temperature.

A photon.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

A photon.

a photon of what? light? okay imagine pulling the lid off a jar, when you open it say you spill half on the floor and keep the other half. You put half of what's in the jar in the cold fridge for an hour and keep the other half at room temperature t for time tmptre for temperature and v for velocity of the particles T- temp+.079^v= this is the answer could be a 4 or a 5 JK its because of its answererness that it comes from numbers from experiments and I found photons are slightly warm! the photons in the fridge that make it cold were actually warm and cold creating a nothing temperature so congrats to Emma for calling me out on the thing.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

a photon of what? light? okay imagine pulling the lid off a jar, when you open it say you spill half on the floor and keep the other half. You put half of what's in the jar in the cold fridge for an hour and keep the other half at room temperature t for time tmptre for temperature and v for velocity of the particles T- temp+.079^v= this is the answer could be a 4 or a 5 JK its because of its answererness that it comes from numbers from experiments and I found photons are slightly warm! the photons in the fridge that make it cold were actually warm and cold creating a nothing temperature so congrats to Emma for calling me out on the thing.

This is one of the dumbest and most incoherent things I’ve ever read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

This is one of the dumbest and most incoherent things I’ve ever read.

Tim seems like the harder I try like all day the less so I measure harder hr as energy Engny x time timee and we subtract less the amount of.....stanima? stnemm and we put it together E= timme+stenemema x .079. See if you build it they with numbers it will become a photon.

• Confused 1