Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' shows up in background of new Amazon Prime show

UM-Bot

It looks cool. Would be funny to know what it is really.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Trippy 

Turn off the lights and stop any electronic or electrical communication for a couple of years and I think most of the old superstitions would come back strongly.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Turn off the lights and stop any electronic or electrical communication for a couple of years and I think most of the old superstitions would come back strongly.

You could be right.  Coming to a town square near you - Witch Burnings!! - BYOM (bring your own marshmallows)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Papameter Reading

60% Paranormal   20% Natural    20% Hoax

Factors: Site of a mass grave

Is there anybody out there that doesn't think this

Maybe ghost are just people that slide out of their dimension into ours for a few seconds. Parallel worlds. ;)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

It is filmed from a screen. Probably a refection of someone walking outside a window the screen is facing.

Could be.  Maybe this clip will gain enough attention that someone that works on the show will check out the original footage.

• Like 1

Do you have Amazon prime? You could check yourself.

I might do it when I get home, but I've got other things to do tonight

Edit: oops quoted the wrong person. This was in response to the thoughts around a reflection off a screen.

Edited by Knob Oddy

I dig James.. miss the car show..lol.. ghost?. reflection maybe. over all I believe..Ive seen things that leave no doubt. could also be 2 realities over lapping.. doesn't have to be dead people.. 

It could be a reflection, or smoke. But frankly, the angle of the camera, the fact that the person is located on the left of the frame, while on the right there is nothing but an empty field really makes me think of a hoax. (Some will tell me that it's better from an artistic point of view, but hey, I still find it weird. A little buzz is always beneficial.)

I will look when I get home if we can already rule out the thesis of the reflection on the screen.

Edited by TheGoldenBoy
  • Like 1

Looks like something (probably a drop of water, it looks to be raining) on the camera lens or the plate of glass they have in front of it to protect it. Can't tell from the video, but if the camera is panning ever so slightly, the smudge would look like it was moving.

I've seen a dozen of these "ghosts" (aka dead bugs smeared on windshield) shot through car windows. Camera moves, smudge "moves".

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moonman said:

Looks like something (probably a drop of water, it looks to be raining) on the camera lens or the plate of glass they have in front of it to protect it. Can't tell from the video, but if the camera is panning ever so slightly, the smudge would look like it was moving.

I've seen a dozen of these "ghosts" (aka dead bugs smeared on windshield) shot through car windows. Camera moves, smudge "moves".

Yep, boring but you nailed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumball said:

Check out the World of MrGrey on Youtube.  He did a bit of a debunk on this.

Sorry to sound lazy but the guys a bit talky do you know at what time in that he is on this case?

7 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Confirmed in the source video. No panning, no smudges, etc. 

Sounds like handwaving BS on your part. How exactly can somebody claim there wasn't a smudge or a droplet on the camera, especially since nobody noticed the "ghost" until later? How do they know the camera wasn't moving a bit? Who is making these claims and where? Unless it was the camera guy himself talking about the rock solid tripod he was using and his anti-rain shield that he wiped down every five seconds, nobody can make any such claim.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, moonman said:

Sounds like handwaving BS on your part. How exactly can somebody claim there wasn't a smudge or a droplet on the camera, especially since nobody noticed the "ghost" until later? How do they know the camera wasn't moving a bit? Who is making these claims and where? Unless it was the camera guy himself talking about the rock solid tripod he was using and his anti-rain shield that he wiped down every five seconds, nobody can make any such claim.

Just go watch it yourself. You'll be better informed instead of making up pure nonsense.

• Confused 1

This "ghost" has appeared in two episodes, the one featured in this article which was episode 3, and also the one where James was visiting Pompeii which was episode 2 The figure looks identical in both episodes.. It'll be interesting to see if this apparition appears in other episodes. 

Edited by fran123
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Just go watch it yourself. You'll be better informed instead of making up pure nonsense.

I did watch it and saw no such thing. What exactly is the source you are referring to? Where does it state he wasn't holding the camera and was using a tripod? Where does it say it's impossible for a speck of something to be on the lens?

Like I stated before, unless it was the camera man himself talking about how he shot it and the equipment he used, it means absolutely nothing. Secondhand reports about a video clip are pointless. Nobody else is going to have a clue if there was something on the lens, even the camera guy may not.  Water droplets evaporate quickly. Handheld cameras waver. These are facts, not nonsense.

It takes next to nothing for such a "ghost" to get on camera. Stuff that is ignored and easily overlooked. 

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fran123 said:

This "ghost" has appeared in two episodes, the one featured in this article which was episode 3, and also the one where James was visiting Pompeii which was episode 2 The figure looks identical in both episodes.. It'll be interesting to see if this apparition appears in other episodes. 

And I just saw a video with a third, filmed in a parking garage.

• Like 1