Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Trump be Prosecuted?

Doug1066

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

And he’s only a pompous prick to the bad guys. [...]

Don't get me wrong I'm not a good guy, nor a bad guy... But I did saw his performances during presidency, and during election campaign...

[...] The rest of us only cares about how successful his policies have been and his ability to implement them.

He did pretty much well, despite what dems/left claim.

• Like 1

Trump must be prosecuted for his crimes against The People, or the country risks more despotism in the Executive Branch.

Trump said early in his campaign that he could shoot someone “publicy” and get away with it. We need to prove him wrong on that belief.

There must be consequences for leading an attempted insurrection.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump must be prosecuted for his crimes against The People,

What crimes against the people?  Trump has been the People’s Champion, defending them from tyranny and the despotic Left.  He’s guilty of crimes against those dictators.  And guess who the wannabe judges are?  Those very same dictators.  Can you say “banana republic” or “Stalinist-like show trial”?

or the country risks more despotism in the Executive Branch.

Isn’t that what we have now?

Trump said early in his campaign that he could shoot someone “publicy” and get away with it. We need to prove him wrong on that belief.

It’s called rhetoric.  We don’t need to prove him wrong.  In fact, it is more appropriate to the Left and our two-tier justice system.

I’m glad you think that.  Would that also include treason and other high crimes?  The thing is that in the case of the former, there is no proof, and in the latter, it is clearly evident.  If there is still an ounce of justice left in this nation, Biden will pay.  But he’ll be mentally incompetent by then, so all those that enabled this coup should face justice.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump must be prosecuted for his crimes against The People, or the country risks more despotism in the Executive Branch.

Not my turf to be involved in, but wtf? Crimes against The People? What?!!!

PS dozen lives lost, plus over 2 billion in damages (peaceful BLM/antifa protests) is insurection or not? How about claims from Mrs Clinton that Trump is not legit president?

Christ, you 'mericans, are crazy people....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Was AOC cuffed in the latest arrest.or she was just pretending, I would consider that as a tampering with video evidence. Boom. criminal charge.

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump must be prosecuted for his crimes against The People,

We must prosecute him ONLY for breaking laws that are already on the books.  "Crimes against the People" is too vague to be useful.

One problem with our laws is that we have never anticipated an insurrection so our laws don't really deal with it.  I think the last insurrection, not counting the Civil War, was Aaron Burr.

BTW:  they have rebuilt the hotel on Blennerhasset Island where the Burr insurrection was planned.  It's isolated and quite scenic.  You get to it by boat from Marietta, Ohio.

Doug

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

This thread is to address the issue of whether Donald Trump should face prosecution and prison time for his crimes.  The J6 hearings pretty thoroughly demonstrate that he broke numerous laws; he is guilty as sin.  But even so, putting him in prison may harm the country more than letting him roam free.  What should we do?

In what way could it harm the country if we put Trump in jail for crimes he is proven to have committed?   No politician or television personality is above the law.  Trump could be put in jail for crimes he committed long before 2016.   He is a con man, and there were many civil lawsuits pending against him when he was elected president.  Should those all go away because he got to be POTUS for 4 years?   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

We must prosecute him ONLY for breaking laws that are already on the books.  "Crimes against the People" is too vague to be useful.

One problem with our laws is that we have never anticipated an insurrection so our laws don't really deal with it.  I think the last insurrection, not counting the Civil War, was Aaron Burr.

The last insurrection was the attempted assassination of Kavanaugh.  And the one before that was the Summer of Love in 2020,  in which the beggar-in-chief didn't say a thing to quell the violence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, the13bats said:

The way you word it feels a bit pigeon holing to me.

No matter what tRump simply will never be "behind bars" so the opitions roam free or locked up doesnt really wash with me.

contrary to what some of his worshippers believe trump isnt a marmalaid god hes a man an incompetent bumbling failable human who should be responsible for his crimes.

If and thats a qualifying "if" he is found guilty of crimes then its a middle finger, c*** a snook, insult to the country and its people for him not to be punished.

Harm to the country would be a guilty man rips the system and more faith is lost. The real question is how do you punish a guy like him, tell him no more sex trade workers , mcfish, or spray tan, no more golf?

I have no clue.

The only way to punish Trump is to take away all his investors, call in all his debts and point at him when you see him sleeping under a bridge.   That will never happen though, which boggles my mind that he still has investors after the way he has left them over and over, taking what he could as he walked out the door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Eh probably. But seeing how the secret service only handed over one text message, and deleted the rest, I doubt it

I would rather see who ever deleted those texts go to jail, and then the texts might reappear somewhere.

13 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No it would not be too risky at all, Trump has been considered a Seditious Traitor by our Military fir a long time.You can go to Las Vegas and bet the bank that, first of all unlike other ‘President after they are out office, they still receive security update, but Trump!!:no: He left as a disgrace and a National Security risk so that will not happened. In addition any classified operational data has already been changed, but yea with his big mouth he could go hey guy!. Let le tell you something:lol: but he could never prove it and plus he is such liar who would believe anything he says!:no:

So honestly I don’t believe that’s a issue at all!  But there are certain options he could be given a lobotomy, I mean I don’t think if  that happened it would effect anything beside memory anyway. In fact that procedure may help him stop lying all time and that would be an improvement!:D

It's possible that even in 2016 he was not breifed on dangerous information, as he was already known to brag and talk about things he shouldn't.   They probably tried to distract him with UFO information and old stuff.

Edited by Desertrat56

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In what way could it harm the country if we put Trump in jail for crimes he is proven to have committed?

His worshippers would never accept a guilty verdict.  They'd believe it was rigged.  And they would hold a lot of angry protests such as Antifa never dreamed of.

It will be a problem for democracy no matter what happens because close to half the population will think the system is corrupt.

Oklahoma is a deep red state, but it has the country's fairest elections.  Why?  Because there is a Democrat on nearly every precinct board.

Doug

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

His worshippers would never accept a guilty verdict.  They'd believe it was rigged.  And they would hold a lot of angry protests such as Antifa never dreamed of.

It will be a problem for democracy no matter what happens because close to half the population will think the system is corrupt.

Oklahoma is a deep red state, but it has the country's fairest elections.  Why?  Because there is a Democrat on nearly every precinct board.

Doug

I suspect his fan base has diminished to a point where in most towns one or two protestors would show up and it would be "Hey, come on you guys!   Where are you all?"

We almost all already know the system is corrupt, we know for a lot of reasons and none of them have anything to do with Trump.   You think half the country is behind Trump?   That is probably more than double the actual number.

If there is a problem it will be the anarchists, not Trump supporters that are the worst of it.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The last insurrection was the attempted assassination of Kavanaugh.  And the one before that was the Summer of Love in 2020,  in which the beggar-in-chief didn't say a thing to quell the violence.

A lone assassination is not an insurrection.  And the Summer of Love was 1967.  Remember that?  They killed Che' Guevara that year.  In San Francisco the hippies decided the idea of hippies was obsolete so they held a "funeral" to bury Hippy.

Doug

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

What it proves is that they are criminals who are willing to break the law for what they want. Any regular person who gets arrested may lose their job and a portion of their life. This is only the tip of the iceberg with them, I believe.

They got elected to congress, they already have proven they are criminals, not all in the same way, but how do you think they got elected?   We didn't choose them, the parties did and that was with a lot of money and deals made.   In that moment they were women protesting something they felt was important to protest.   Granted, they did use their public positions to get media coverage, which may or may not hurt them in the long run.   The law should always be the same no matter who you are.   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The only way to punish Trump is to take away all his investors, call in all his debts and point at him when you see him sleeping under a bridge.   That will never happen though, which boggles my mind that he still has investors after the way he has left them over and over, taking what he could as he walked out the door.

This is another example of why i say he walks between the rain drops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

[...]  In that moment they were women protesting something they felt was important to protest.  [...]

OK. J.K. Rowling protested, how that ended up. huh?

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

At that time he could have but not anymore.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Are you upset?

No. But I do feel it goes without saying that innocent people can be charged, however there is usually some kind of evidence that a law has been broken upon which these people were charged, even if they were ultimately proven innocent (or "Not Guilty", technically). My point was that there is no evidence of any crime Trump has committed or on his orders had committed, therefore there is no reason for him to be prosecuted.

Honestly, at this stage it doesn't matter to me. Unless he's actually charged, this is just an extension of what progressives have been doing for the past six years - claim Trump broke the law, make up an excuse why he won't be prosecuted for it. Over and over and over again. "Oh, the Mueller Report proves he's guilty, as soon as he isn't president, the DOJ is going to arrest him and he will spend the rest of his life behind bars"! Remember that line of arguing? I wasn't here on UM at the time the Mueller Report came out so I don't know what the reaction was here, but if it's anything like the reaction I saw on every other discussion page, Trump WAS going to be arrested and charged and face life behind bars because of it. And as always, nothing came of it. Those of us who have been saying "he's innocent" have said since the beginning that he wasn't going to be charged. We were proven right and yet all you guys did was move the goal posts to the next committee hearing, as well as throwing a caveat in that "maybe the DOJ won't do the right thing". 

Honestly, if it wasn't so obvious it'd be funny. Actually, strike that, it's pretty funny anyway. Edit: By the way, I'm not referring to you specifically here, just those in general who have been claiming to one degree or another for the past six years that Trump would be charged.

• Like 2

I doubt this investigation will lead to a trial. Only Democrat talking points have been presented during this one-sided investigation. A trial would open the door to defense witnesses and reciprocal discovery, which could be very embarrassing for Donald Trumps’s accusers.  As a wise man once said:

”The first one to plead his case seems right, until another comes and cross-examines him.”    Solomon

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, simplybill said:

As a wise man once said:

”The first one to plead his case seems right, until another comes and cross-examines him.”    Solomon

Idk like many things that start with "a wise man once said" it sounds a bit flawed.

countless times the first one has been the victor even after cross examinations unlike here though.

With this investagation of the 6th trump is guilty and likely guilty of lots of crimes only his most credulous worshippers refuse that fact but no worries he will not get in a drop of trouble for it people like him never do.

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

therefore there is no reason for him to be prosecuted.

Merrick Garland will make that call.  According to his most-recent announcement, DOJ has investigations using the J6 committee material under way,

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

"Oh, the Mueller Report proves he's guilty,

Actually, Muehler didn't say whether Trump was guilty of anything or not.  He presented the evidence and let Congress decide if there was a violation of law.  But Congress didn't have the balls to make that call.  Maybe if it had, none of the rest of this would have happened.  So whether the Muehler Report proved anything was never officially determined.

Doug

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Merrick Garland will make that call.  According to his most-recent announcement, DOJ has investigations using the J6 committee material under way,

Doug

Question is: How objective Garland is?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Question is: How objective Garland is?

He is overseeing the investigation.  It will be up to a judge or jury to find the facts and the judge to decide applicable law.

Doug

• Thanks 1