Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

How did Superman get US Citizenship?

Clark Kent gained his US Citizenship wrongfully, by way of false statements by Jon and Martha Kent.  If this was discovered, would he be stripped of his citizenship and be left stateless?

Is it woke to give a nod to the reality of citizenship law?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

How did Superman get US Citizenship?

Clark Kent gained his US Citizenship wrongfully, by way of false statements by Jon and Martha Kent.  If this was discovered, would he be stripped of his citizenship and be left stateless?

Is it woke to give a nod to the reality of citizenship law?

Who cares? He is Superman. In fact, if you think about it, the guys source of power is the sun. You could basically say he is a god within its boundaries. 
 

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Who cares? He is Superman. In fact, if you think about it, the guys source of power is the sun. You could basically say he is a god within its boundaries. 
 

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep. 

Except concern for the sheep is that particular lion’s whole shebang.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Who cares? He is Superman. In fact, if you think about it, the guys source of power is the sun. You could basically say he is a god within its boundaries. 
 

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep. 

I do wish you'd get your position on illegal aliens figured out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Setton said:

I do wish you'd get your position on illegal aliens figured out.

Make no mistake. If a guy shows up from krypton who could destroy us all within minutes, you let him go where he wants. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Except concern for the sheep is that particular lion’s whole shebang.

Lucky for us, or rrr, the DC universe 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Make no mistake. If a guy shows up from krypton who could destroy us all within minutes, you let him go where he wants. 

But do you give him citizenship and the right to vote?

Obviously he would have voted Biden in.

Edited by Setton
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

But do you give him citizenship and the right to vote?

Obviously he would have voted Biden in.

You give him whatever the hell he wants lol. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You give him whatever the hell he wants lol. 

Surrendering to threats from foreign extremists now is it? :o

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

I guess I'm not particularly clear on what sort of thing actually happens in this comic that makes it "anti-woke".

The US citizenship thing is a weird example because that's got nothing to do with "wokeness".

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Setton said:

Surrendering to threats from foreign extremists now is it? :o

Surrendering to threats from a god is more like it. 
 

ETA- That’s assuming threats were made. We are talking about Superman after all. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Saru said:

I guess I'm not particularly clear on what sort of thing actually happens in this comic that makes it "anti-woke".

The US citizenship thing is a weird example because that's got nothing to do with "wokeness".

I’ve never been a comic book kinda guy, but I’d imagine it’s just going to go back to the way comics where made before the woke crowd came to be. 

Not intentionally adding certain social situations as propaganda to push an agenda  

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I’ve never been a comic book kinda guy, but I’d imagine it’s just going to go back to the way comics where made before the woke crowd came to be. 

Not intentionally adding certain social situations as propaganda to push an agenda  

Sounds most likely, but then it begs the question - if it wasn't being advertised as "anti-woke", would anyone care about it at all ?

There are probably thousands of comics being put out by talented artists all the time that are no more "woke" than this one, however they don't get even a fraction of the attention and funding that this one has received.

It seems to be the political statement that the comic's creator is making here, that has drawn all the attention, rather than the comic itself.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Saru said:

Sounds most likely, but then it begs the question - if it wasn't being advertised as "anti-woke", would anyone care about it at all ?

There are probably thousands of comics being put out by talented artists all the time that are no more "woke" than this one, however they don't get even a fraction of the attention and funding that this one has received.

It seems to be the political statement that the comic's creator is making here, that has drawn all the attention, rather than the comic itself.

Yep, guy already collected 3 million. And will still sell the comics. I don’t know anything about him. Do people even know if he is any good at it?

One thing for sure, he’s a brilliant at marketing lol. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, el midgetron said:

[...]

Good for this guy. I wish him all the success in the world. 

Yeap.

I hope Rippa, and followers, will slay DC and MC.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yep, guy already collected 3 million. And will still sell the comics. I don’t know anything about him. Do people even know if he is any good at it?

[...]

From gossips, he is.

Quote

[...]

One thing for sure, he’s a brilliant at marketing lol. 

Not all marketing stunts end up with Theranos...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You give him whatever the hell he wants lol. 

BTW Superman is a Trump guy. :P
 

hmm didn’t mean to quote myself lol
 

 

Edited by preacherman76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Support woke, go broke.

Time for the woke brigade to wake up and smell the decaff, vegan, soy latte. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Saru said:

Sounds most likely, but then it begs the question - if it wasn't being advertised as "anti-woke", would anyone care about it at all ?

There are probably thousands of comics being put out by talented artists all the time that are no more "woke" than this one, however they don't get even a fraction of the attention and funding that this one has received.

It seems to be the political statement that the comic's creator is making here, that has drawn all the attention, rather than the comic itself.

I don’t know what’s currently being published in the way of comic book content. Although, while it could be worse, most superhero movies I’ve seen have woke themes in them. There does seem to be a trend of woke culture being injected into comics and movies and fans rejecting it. 

FANS REJECT WOKE SUPERMAN; DC COMICS SALES 'TERRIFYING'

https://cosmicbook.news/fans-reject-woke-superman-dc-comics-sales-terrifying

KEVIN FEIGE DUMBS DOWN WOKE HAWKEYE KATE BISHOP FOR MARVEL AUDIENCE

https://cosmicbook.news/kevin-feige-dumbs-down-woke-hawkeye-kate-bishop-marvel

Top 10 Woke Movies That Ruined Their Franchises

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/12/18/top-10-woke-movies-that-ruined-their-franchises/

Personally, I see it as a microcosm of woke culture as a whole. The political left and specifically the Democrat party have become to invested in woke ideologies. Most people are more centered including people on the left. Democrats keep banking on woke policies to attract voters but there is evidence it is doing the opposite. 
 

I think the current issue of abortion is a good example. Most people support both access to and some limitations on abortion. The largest quarter of public opinion is somewhere in the center. The Democrats however seem to reject any limitation on abortion, which pushes their platform away from the majority of voters. 

At the end of the day, I think a lot of people who read comics and go to the movies, just want unadulterated entertainment, 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the creator is a black artist and most of his team are people of color, so it's a plus that Brietbart is promoting him.  The comic is a bit too expensive for my taste at $35 for the first issue.

I am curious as to what it is about the plot that make people think it is "anti-woke".  The black hero Isom fighting a the blonde supervillian Yaira? Being set in Texas?

Since Midget brought up the topic he surely could explain the plot and what about it is "anti-woke" right?  Or even what their superpowers are?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL!  A black superhero rancher falsely accused by the police of murder.  Sounds anti-woke to me!  I think this guy trolled his way to $3 million.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep. 

The lion preys on sheep which does not make him a hero but a super villain.

Great lesson for kids:  if you are powerful, you can do anything you want. Many do take that into adulthood don't they.

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Make no mistake. If a guy shows up from krypton who could destroy us all within minutes, you let him go where he wants. 

Well at least we know your position if Satan should appear on earth, give him what he wants.  Good to know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible that a team of women artists who put out a comic of a female superhero who castrates rapists might also raise $3 million?  If Matt Goetz and Ted Cruz feature in an issue I bet they could double that. 

Comics have always pushed social issues and been used for propaganda.  Check out WWII comics from 80 years ago if you doubt it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Well the creator is a black artist and most of his team are people of color, so it's a plus that Brietbart is promoting him.  The comic is a bit too expensive for my taste at $35 for the first issue.

I am curious as to what it is about the plot that make people think it is "anti-woke".  The black hero Isom fighting a the blonde supervillian Yaira? Being set in Texas?

Since Midget brought up the topic he surely could explain the plot and what about it is "anti-woke" right?  Or even what their superpowers are?

I hope one day MLK’s dream is realized. Why is the color of peoples skin so important to you guys?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.