Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left

el midgetron

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The lion preys on sheep which does not make him a hero but a super villain.

Great lesson for kids:  if you are powerful, you can do anything you want. Many do take that into adulthood don't they.

Well at least we know your position if Satan should appear on earth, give him what he wants.  Good to know.

My goodness smh, talk about turning a funny light hearted conversation into, well, this. 

Besides everyone knows I’ve already sold my soul to Batman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

...The comic is a bit too expensive for my taste at $35 for the first issue...

For that money, you could probably get a Tintin on Ebay:

Que faut-il faire de Tintin au Congo? - L'Express

44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is it possible that a team of women artists who put out a comic of a female superhero who castrates rapists might also raise $3 million?  If Matt Goetz and Ted Cruz feature in an issue I bet they could double that. 

Comics have always pushed social issues and been used for propaganda.  Check out WWII comics from 80 years ago if you doubt it.

Sure. If the people who would support such a thing actually bought comics. 

Kinda like womens sports. Feminist complain all the time that men in the same sport make more money, but never watch a game. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I’ve never been a comic book kinda guy, but I’d imagine it’s just going to go back to the way comics where made before the woke crowd came to be. 

Not intentionally adding certain social situations as propaganda to push an agenda  

So….. before the 40s? 
Before Lee and Kirby had Captain America punch Hitler? 
No Punisher? 
No X-Men? 
No Dark Knight Returns? (Actually, I could get behind that, DKR and the Killing Joke have crippled the storytelling potential of Batman for long enough). 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So….. before the 40s? 
Before Lee and Kirby had Captain America punch Hitler? 
No Punisher? 
No X-Men? 
No Dark Knight Returns? (Actually, I could get behind that, DKR and the Killing Joke have crippled the storytelling potential of Batman for long enough). 

I couldn’t say. Was never my thing. I was busy chasing girls, mowing lawns, delivering papers, and playing football 

Edited by preacherman76

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I was busy chasing girls

So they were running away for some reason?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Setton said:

So they were running away for some reason?

Ya win some ya lose some. For a trailer park kid in a school where most were rich or at least well off, I did pretty damn good overall 

Edited by preacherman76

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I hope one day MLK’s dream is realized. Why is the color of peoples skin so important to you guys?

Isn't that what "woke" is about in comic books?  Adding minorities and LBGQT superheroes and putting them in current political situations?  

Of course in this case, the topic poster never did say what was "anti-woke" in the characters or the plot. 

What do you think is "anti-woke" about it?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Well the creator is a black artist and most of his team are people of color, so it's a plus that Brietbart is promoting him.  The comic is a bit too expensive for my taste at $35 for the first issue.

I am curious as to what it is about the plot that make people think it is "anti-woke".  The black hero Isom fighting a the blonde supervillian Yaira? Being set in Texas?

Since Midget brought up the topic he surely could explain the plot and what about it is "anti-woke" right?  Or even what their superpowers are?

$35 dollars? Are they ******* crazy? 

How am I supposed to be the comic book expert? I don’t really know much about it. I suspect “woke free” rather than “anti-woke” might be a better descriptor from my understanding, 

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

My goodness smh, talk about turning a funny light hearted conversation into, well, this. 

Ok, probably I need to lighten up some. 

I have been thinking about the possibilities for humor.

It would be pretty funny if Ellie and her other Texas ranch owning superhero types chased down Ted Cruz, found him in a trash bin on page 16, ran down Josh Hawley on page 17 hauled them to a park, tied them to trees, and then stripped them down.

On page 18 they all leave in disgust because Ted and Josh are already steers.

That is pretty funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I hope one day MLK’s dream is realized. Why is the color of peoples skin so important to you guys?

So do I.  I know you are not one of them, but within your party there are groups of White Supremacists, and White Power Groups.  In fact, what was that they were chanting in Charlottesville, Jews will not replace us?  So some of them got a beef with  non-Christians too.  So protecting people with different religions and skin colors seems important to us. 

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Ok, probably I need to lighten up some. 

I have been thinking about the possibilities for humor.

It would be pretty funny if Ellie and her other Texas ranch owning superhero types chased down Ted Cruz, found him in a trash bin on page 16, ran down Josh Hawley on page 17 hauled them to a park, tied them to trees, and then stripped them down.

On page 18 they all leave in disgust because Ted and Josh are already steers.

That is pretty funny.

And here is why they gave this guy 3 million bucks. :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

So do I.  I know you are not one of them, but within your party there are groups of White Supremacists, and White Power Groups.  In fact, what was that they were chanting in Charlottesville, Jews will not replace us?  So some of them got a beef with  non-Christians too.  So protecting people with different religions and skin colors seems important to us. 

I have never met a white supremest. They don’t make up anything I’m part of. Anything I believe in. I just can’t find it in me to worry about such a thing. 

Heck closest I’ve seen are the folks on the left who think we need to be the saviors of black folks because of how many things are incapable of. Actually believe they just can’t say for example get ID’s

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I dunno Tate. There seems to be no shortage of people on the left who are cheering on the demise of “white people”. Christians certainly don’t get much love in those circles either, nor do Jews, Asians are never included in the left’s claims about systemic racism. And if a black person dares to not tow the party line for the Democrats, then it’s open season on to hurl the most racist accusations them. 

The political left used to champion for minorities and many of the Democrat’s constituents still believe in those ideals. However, the establishment left only recognizes identity politics in terms of voter demographics and power structures.

Looks like Democrats elected a “white Supremacists” who is pushing “white Supremacists” conspiracy theory’s. 

“Biden says: 'An unrelenting stream of immigration, nonstop, nonstop. Folks like me, who are Caucasian of European descent for the first time in 2017 will be in an absolute minority in the United States of America, absolute minority.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10827749/Tucker-Carlson-fires-Biden-saying-Democrats-decided-change-electorate.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

There seems to be no shortage of people on the left who are cheering on the demise of “white people”. Christians certainly don’t get much love in those circles either, nor do Jews, Asians are never included in the left’s claims about systemic racism.

Well, I am going to take a page out of @preacherman76 book.  I don't know anybody, never seen anybody, nor are they associated with anything I am part of that want the demise of white people.  Some want an end of dominance by white people, but I don't even go that far.  I think there have been plenty of news stories about Jews and Asians being assaulted, Hispanic kids in border cages, so I don't think that has been ignored.  As far as Christianity goes, the people that follow the teachings of Jesus Christ are not despised, just those who have chosen to use Christianity as a scam for personal wealth or use God as an excuse to preach their own intolerance.

But of course, that is my anecdotal experience.  We all seem to be pretty good at not seeing things we don't want to see.

• Like 4

On 7/24/2022 at 4:58 AM, preacherman76 said:

Make no mistake. If a guy shows up from krypton who could destroy us all within minutes, you let him go where he wants. 

But, but, didn't you read the OP? There is a new superhero coming. His biggest strength will be to run smoothly like Josh and go as deep as he can in Trumps anus. That will save us from kryptonians.

• Haha 1

Disney-owned Marvel’s Thor: Love and Thunder director Taika Watiti took aim at critics who say that the latest superhero movie is “too gay,” declaring that “we’re all queer” to explain his recent turn to focusing on LBGTQ stories and characters.

Speaking to Out magazine, Waititi waived off criticism that he is jamming too much “gay” into his recent films and TV series. As far as he is concerned, everyone is gay — it’s just a matter of degree.…

….. Waititi also revealed that some other gay-themed scenes had been filmed but didn’t make the final cut. But he went on to lament that there wasn’t enough actual physical gay sex in the film. He said he wished he had filmed Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) kissing a woman.….

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/07/24/marvel-director-taika-watiti-blasts-critics-of-too-gay-thor-sequel-were-all-queer/

I had heard the New Thor movie was “super gay” but my son wanted to see it so I took him to see it anyway. It wasn’t really as gay as I was expecting, it definitely didn’t live up to the gay hype…. I don’t think the gay elements really contributed anything to the movie, they just seemed kind of awkward. 

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Care to put some kind of context with that?

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

According to a spokesperson representing Turning Point USA (TPUSA), Andrew Kolvet, there is no affiliation that connects it to the neo-Nazi group and activities.

“They have nothing to do with TPUSA, our event, or our students. Our students took the mature route and vacated the space the Nazi flag holders were in. Once that happened, they left,” Kolvet explained, saying event participants argued with the Neo-Nazis, if they engaged with them at all.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-712919

Patrick Little, a member of the GDL,[3] ran on a Republican Party ticket in the 2018 United States Senate election in California for Dianne Feinstein's seat. A native of Albany, California, Little is an IT engineer who had previously served in the United States Marine Corps in Afghanistan.[12] Little's campaign gained attention in May 2018 when he polled second only to Feinstein in a SurveyUSA poll with 18% of the general electorate and 46% with Republicans.[13][14] However, the California Republican Party denounced Little and he was removed from their convention in San Diego, while stomping on an Israeli flag, claiming "They just had me expelled from the building because I won't serve Israel", calling the Californian Republican Party "Zionist stooges."[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goyim_Defense_League#Activities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Hmm.... context....context....

How about nazi = bad?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Hmm.... context....context....

How about nazi = bad?

Look up photoshop and meme. I hear kids learn about them around second grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Sure.  Some have said they don't see any white supremacists or Nazis in any group they are affiliated with.  Here are some.

Ron De Santis is not a Nazi, he is not affiliated with them.  But they are around not because of affiliation but maybe only because they like his policies.  At any rate, these people are not invisible in America, they are out there.

• Like 1