Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left

el midgetron

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sure.  Some have said they don't see any white supremacists or Nazis in any group they are affiliated with.  Here are some.

Ron De Santis is not a Nazi, he is not affiliated with them.  But they are around not because of affiliation but maybe only because they like his policies.  At any rate, these people are not invisible in America, they are out there.

That would indicate that anyone has any control over who shows up at their events.  At a public space anyone can show up with any sign they want to and have their picture taken.  Do you suppose someone may show up at an event dressed like nazis to discredit the rally and subvert the message?  Ten to one that's what you posted a picture of.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sure.  Some have said they don't see any white supremacists or Nazis in any group they are affiliated with.  Here are some.

Ron De Santis is not a Nazi, he is not affiliated with them.  But they are around not because of affiliation but maybe only because they like his policies.  At any rate, these people are not invisible in America, they are out there.

In De Santis's defense, Trump Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert were there in addition to the Nazis so they might not have been there to see him.  At least the spokeman for Turning Point USA denounced them (even though none of the "guests" did).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A small handful of faceless people holding nazi signs? They could just as easily be leftists showing up for a photo op to demonize De Santis. 

There is no one who openly supports nazis. The anti white crowd can be found in every university across this country. Literally teach it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:01 PM, Gromdor said:

Isn't that what "woke" is about in comic books?  Adding minorities and LBGQT superheroes and putting them in current political situations?  

Of course in this case, the topic poster never did say what was "anti-woke" in the characters or the plot. 

What do you think is "anti-woke" about it?

I don't think they see the irony.

What do Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor and the rest have incomon? They are different, marginalised individuals who stood up to the conservative bullies. According to today's standards....they were woke.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, odas said:

I don't think they see the irony.

What do Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor and the rest have incomon? They are different, marginalised individuals who stood up to the conservative bullies. According to today's standards....they were woke.

Hu? Superman was always Superman. He chose his identity as to not stand out. What conservatives bullied him? What the hell are you talking about?

Spiderman was a high school kid who won the spider bite lottery. He was bullied for being a weak smart kid, IN HIGH SCHOOL. 

The Hulk was a doctor who took a radiation bath in an accident. He wasn’t bullied at all. Not till he had power that the military wanted to harness. And this is one area where I can’t stand either side. All of you, both conservatives and democrats are real quick to support dropping bombs soon as the media tells you there is a boogie man. Lately even if it means destroying our own economy over it.  

And lastly Thor?? Really??? The guy is a Demi God who lived for thousands of years before he ever even seen a human. 

This wasn’t even a reach. This was just flat out ridiculous. If you were to ask any of them, in a imagined world where they existed, I’m certain not one of them would complain about being bullied by conservatives. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Hu? Superman was always Superman. He chose his identity as to not stand out. What conservatives bullied him? What the hell are you talking about?

Spiderman was a high school kid who won the spider bite lottery. He was bullied for being a weak smart kid, IN HIGH SCHOOL. 

The Hulk was a doctor who took a radiation bath in an accident. He wasn’t bullied at all. Not till he had power that the military wanted to harness. And this is one area where I can’t stand either side. All of you, both conservatives and democrats are real quick to support dropping bombs soon as the media tells you there is a boogie man. Lately even if it means destroying our own economy over it.  

And lastly Thor?? Really??? The guy is a Demi God who lived for thousands of years before he ever even seen a human. 

This wasn’t even a reach. This was just flat out ridiculous. If you were to ask any of them, in a imagined world where they existed, I’m certain not one of them would complain about being bullied by conservatives. 

Metaphor. Ever heard about it? See, there is a certain element in creating a fictional person. That element is called immagination. With creating a fictional character, human or superhuman, the creator either reflects his own secret desires or someone elses that he knows.

Woke. Different. Wanting to be included in a world that exludes difference. All of those inner fears the creator projects in a more strong person, not affraide to show his/hers true nature.

It is not the "woke" generation that is politisizing comic books, it is the closed minded and selfish people who believe they have a god damn right on how a fictional character, invented by someone else, should look like, behave, think...

Chill out guys, it is just a comic book.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

That would indicate that anyone has any control over who shows up at their events. 

Hmm, not sure if I've ever seen you note this or take this attitude with BLM protests.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Hmm, not sure if I've ever seen you note this or take this attitude with BLM protests.

Actually what I’ve said was that when people show up to your peaceful protest and start rioting if you don’t either stop them or leave then you are participating in the riot. I know.that at first the vast majority of BLM protesters were peaceful but after a while they knew they were going to a riot which makes them rioters just by adding mass to the crowd.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

That would indicate that anyone has any control over who shows up at their events.  At a public space anyone can show up with any sign they want to and have their picture taken.  Do you suppose someone may show up at an event dressed like nazis to discredit the rally and subvert the message?  Ten to one that's what you posted a picture of.

Exactly true.  They can show up in protest or they can show up in support.  If the event organizer disavows any connection, then they say so.  If they comment that there were no Nazis there, they didn't see any white supremacist and we have the photos,  then maybe they are not denying their connection.

I firmly believe Donald Trump was telling the truth when he said he did not know David Duke.  No need to.  But it is a point of information to be examined when David Duke says he loves Trump's policies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

A small handful of faceless people holding nazi signs? They could just as easily be leftists showing up for a photo op to demonize De Santis. 

No doubt about it.  So many of the BLM folks and Antifa rioters were likely  false flag operators trying to blame Democrats.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Since I seem to have confused a couple of people, I was thinking more like when and where was the picture taken. It's not like there was a massive amount of people there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Bruce Banner was abused by his father from a young age, which lead to a severe psychological breakdown, the Hulk(s) are effectively his rage combined with an alterative personalities. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Bruce Banner was abused by his father from a young age, which lead to a severe psychological breakdown, the Hulk(s) are effectively his rage combined with an alterative personalities. 

One of my favorite twists to the Hulk. 

• Like 1

I signed up to their website to get updates.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, OverSword said:

Or it could be Antifa dressed as Trump supporters to instigate trouble.  Change out the black tactical gear and bandana for camo tactical gear and a red MAGA hat and voila!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, Golden Duck said:

How did Superman get US Citizenship?

Clark Kent gained his US Citizenship wrongfully, by way of false statements by Jon and Martha Kent.  If this was discovered, would he be stripped of his citizenship and be left stateless?

Is it woke to give a nod to the reality of citizenship law?

Interesting take, but you are right.  There is no ignorance of the law.  Even someone like him needs to be brought before a court to face charges and pay reparations.  There are definitely extenuating circumstances in this case.  You usually don't see extraterrestrials out and about.   I doubt he would need to be forced appear and I'm sure that the judge would consider his service to the nation and the world as reparations enough, but it would be cleared up legally.

Seriously, at the time when Superman first appeared (in literature), illegals crossing the border was not an issue.  The government wasn't passing out welfare, corrupting immigrants with resources meant for Americans.  As an immigrant, you either worked to survive or you went back to where you came from.  If you broke the law, you were deported and cities were sanctuary cities for Americans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Interesting take, but you are right.  There is no ignorance of the law.  Even someone like him needs to be brought before a court to face charges and pay reparations.  There are definitely extenuating circumstances in this case.  You usually don't see extraterrestrials out and about.   I doubt he would need to be forced appear and I'm sure that the judge would consider his service to the nation and the world as reparations enough, but it would be cleared up legally.

Seriously, at the time when Superman first appeared (in literature), illegals crossing the border was not an issue.  The government wasn't passing out welfare, corrupting immigrants with resources meant for Americans.  As an immigrant, you either worked to survive or you went back to where you came from.  If you broke the law, you were deported and cities were sanctuary cities for Americans.

Hah, you obviously haven't read the Republican party platform during Lincoln's time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Hah, you obviously haven't read the Republican party platform during Lincoln's time.

You said so little and said so much that was wrong.  You realize that ever since 1856, the Republican Platform has changed a little every 4 years or so as well as immigration.  Yes, I have read it and many of the others, but it has been quite a while since I had, so I've had to quickly review.  I’m not going into detail.  Since I can't read your mind, I'll have to assume you refer to the part that talks about immigration in the 1860 Platform??  In that it uses two very interesting terms.  "Rights of Citizens" and "immigrants"  RoC discerns the difference between those that belong here and those that don't.  Immigrants are accorded RoC.  Immigrants are those that have applied for citizenship for settlement.  Illegals were known as ‘aliens’.  Requirements were less strict than they are now.  It was assumed that those that came would work for their keep (they received no aid).  It was a time in which a new nation needed settlers to fill the land.  Citizenship was determined only by that it “requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.” – George Washington.  By 1932, the Republican party had established the concept of the quota system.  Superman first appeared in 1938.  So the time of Superman, immigration laws are pretty close to what we have now, so yes, he was an illegal.  But, illegal immigration didn’t really become an issue until 1965.  When we saw in the numbers of immigrants where dilution presented a problem to the culture.  Therefore, I don’t know what you were trying to get at??

Incidentally… Superman was born in Earth, the pod he arrived in was a Kryptonian birthing pod. He was a foundling legally adopted by the Kents. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Incidentally… Superman was born in Earth, the pod he arrived in was a Kryptonian birthing pod. He was a foundling legally adopted by the Kents. 

Retcon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, odas said:

Metaphor. Ever heard about it? See, there is a certain element in creating a fictional person. That element is called immagination. With creating a fictional character, human or superhuman, the creator either reflects his own secret desires or someone elses that he knows.

Woke. Different. Wanting to be included in a world that exludes difference. All of those inner fears the creator projects in a more strong person, not affraide to show his/hers true nature.

It is not the "woke" generation that is politisizing comic books, it is the closed minded and selfish people who believe they have a god damn right on how a fictional character, invented by someone else, should look like, behave, think...

Chill out guys, it is just a comic book.

Yeah I get what you were going for, and am saying it doesn’t apply. Heck if anything “woke” is main stream. And it’s people who go around militantly demand everyone else believe as they do. 

15 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

No doubt about it.  So many of the BLM folks and Antifa rioters were likely  false flag operators trying to blame Democrats.   

That’s hard to believe considering the people arrested were often released right away by democrats. Such provocateurs are usually used to demonize a movement. But it wasn’t demonized. It was defended by the highest ranks. Even victims were silenced. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I didn’t know anything about this, so I don’t know if this source is correct or not. https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Lara_Lor-Van

According to it Superman was naturally born on Krypton, against krypton laws. So he technically was an illegal alien once he got here. Again assuming this source is true. 

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

You said so little and said so much that was wrong.  You realize that ever since 1856, the Republican Platform has changed a little every 4 years or so as well as immigration.  Yes, I have read it and many of the others, but it has been quite a while since I had, so I've had to quickly review.  I’m not going into detail.  Since I can't read your mind, I'll have to assume you refer to the part that talks about immigration in the 1860 Platform??  In that it uses two very interesting terms.  "Rights of Citizens" and "immigrants"  RoC discerns the difference between those that belong here and those that don't.  Immigrants are accorded RoC.  Immigrants are those that have applied for citizenship for settlement.  Illegals were known as ‘aliens’.  Requirements were less strict than they are now.  It was assumed that those that came would work for their keep (they received no aid).  It was a time in which a new nation needed settlers to fill the land.  Citizenship was determined only by that it “requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.” – George Washington.  By 1932, the Republican party had established the concept of the quota system.  Superman first appeared in 1938.  So the time of Superman, immigration laws are pretty close to what we have now, so yes, he was an illegal.  But, illegal immigration didn’t really become an issue until 1965.  When we saw in the numbers of immigrants where dilution presented a problem to the culture.  Therefore, I don’t know what you were trying to get at??

Yeah....  You didn't read it...   

I'll give you a hint: It involved immigrants and citizens alike getting free land, the difference between immigrants and citizens, and the requirements to be an immigrant.  (Might help if you also read the applicable laws and circumstances that the platform was refering too.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1