Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left

el midgetron

Just now, preacherman76 said:

What’s funny about that GD? 

Released by democrats and the rest of the fiction.

Which comic book haa Republicans and Democrats?  It sounds like a Transformers ripoff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I didn’t know anything about this, so I don’t know if this source is correct or not. https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Lara_Lor-Van

According to it Superman was naturally born on Krypton, against krypton laws. So he technically was an illegal alien once he got here. Again assuming this source is true. 

That’s movie Superman, comic Superman’s a whole different kettle of fish.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That’s movie Superman, comic Superman’s a whole different kettle of fish.

Well considering I didn’t even know it was illegal to have a natural birth on krypton, you are probably right. 

22 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Released by democrats and the rest of the fiction.

Which comic book haa Republicans and Democrats?  It sounds like a Transformers ripoff.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/493642-396291-91-of-portland-protest-arrests-not-being-prosecuted?wallit_nosession=1

• Confused 1

And there are many articles that showed how most rioters all across the nation had their charges dropped altogether. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah I get what you were going for, and am saying it doesn’t apply. Heck if anything “woke” is main stream. And it’s people who go around militantly demand everyone else believe as they do. 

I agree with your last statement but this works both ways. Both sides are forcing the other to believe what they belive in. Even when it comes to fictional characters. Which makes me think, we always fought wars because of the fictional characters we believe in. So, in a way, nothing has changed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, odas said:

I agree with your last statement but this works both ways. Both sides are forcing the other to believe what they belive in. Even when it comes to fictional characters. Which makes me think, we always fought wars because of the fictional characters we believe in. So, in a way, nothing has changed.

Well in this case it’s really just a matter of fans telling the creators what they don’t want. If there was a bigger fan base for the woke comics they would succeed. No different if say Pepsi changed their ingredients and people liked it less. They just aren’t going to buy it. They wouldn’t demand the people who do like it not be allowed to have it. Same can not be said for the other side. 

When a comic is deemed not inclusive or whatever long list of grievances the woke crowd comes up with, they try to cancel that creator. There is a big difference between no longer being interested in a product, and trying to have the product removed altogether. Even if the results are the same. 

Edited by preacherman76

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well in this case it’s really just a matter of fans telling the creators what they don’t want. If there was a bigger fan base for the woke comics they would succeed. No different if say Pepsi changed their ingredients and people liked it less. They just aren’t going to buy it. They wouldn’t demand the people who do like it not be allowed to have it. Same can not be said for the other side. 

When a comic is deemed not inclusive or whatever long list of grievances the woke crowd comes up with, they try to cancel that creator. There is a big difference between no longer being interested in a product, and trying to have the product removed altogether. Even if the results are the same. 

Agree. But you also have to understand that a comic book is an international adventure not only a local US one. If the majority wants more inclusion or if the majority is fine with that then the creators will go with what sells the most.

China and Saudi Arabia was cancelling or partly cancelling some movies by Marvel. Who cares. The rest of the planet did not have any issues and sales were skyrocketing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, odas said:

Agree. But you also have to understand that a comic book is an international adventure not only a local US one. If the majority wants more inclusion or if the majority is fine with that then the creators will go with what sells the most.

China and Saudi Arabia was cancelling or partly cancelling some movies by Marvel. Who cares. The rest of the planet did not have any issues and sales were skyrocketing.

Definitely. If there is a market to sell the product, go for it. I’d be curious what the numbers look like though. I’m not saying this for certain cause I really don’t know in this case, but a lot of times it’s a very small number of people who want to see these changes, but they bring it to the attention of social media and can gather a very large crowd quickly.

Problem is most of those people have much more interest in what they perceive to be social Justice, then they do in buying comics. So the creators end up alienating true fans to appease the mob. Hence the term “get woke, go broke”. 

To me, and I’m sure everyone would agree, comic book creation is an art form. Artists should go about that however they wish. If the mob doesn’t like it just ignore them. If you have a fan base that likes your work that should be the only thing that matters. 

People are free to make their own comics if they don’t like what’s available. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Definitely. If there is a market to sell the product, go for it. I’d be curious what the numbers look like though. I’m not saying this for certain cause I really don’t know in this case, but a lot of times it’s a very small number of people who want to see these changes, but they bring it to the attention of social media and can gather a very large crowd quickly.

Problem is most of those people have much more interest in what they perceive to be social Justice, then they do in buying comics. So the creators end up alienating true fans to appease the mob. Hence the term “get woke, go broke”. 

The numbers are: Marvel has the best sales worldwide and counting. 

I am a huge Spiderman fan since I can remember, age 10 or so. When the animated movie came out last year or so with a black young guy playing one of the multi universe Spidermen as the lead, I had my reservations since I know who Spiderman/Peter Parker was when I was a kid. I watched it and...I was the 10 year old again without any racial bias. Can't wait to see the second one.

Let's just go back being kids again, watch a movie and enjoy.

Just now, odas said:

I am a huge Spiderman fan since I can remember, age 10 or so. When the animated movie came out last year or so with a black young guy playing one of the multi universe Spidermen as the lead, I had my reservations since I know who Spiderman/Peter Parker was when I was a kid. I watched it and...I was the 10 year old again without any racial bias. Can't wait to see the second one.

I think miles morales is a great example of how to make a diverse character without diversity being the characters identity.

Everyone loves miles. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, odas said:

Oh yeah, totally agree. My boys loved that. I personally didn’t want to watch it, because it was animated. But for their sake I watched it and it was good. 

I do think the pig Spider-Man was a little much lol. 

I think that’s a great example of natural evolution. It didn’t feel forced. It didn’t feel like it was trying to push an agenda. 

I wasn’t even aware anyone had a problem with that one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Oh yeah, totally agree. My boys loved that. I personally didn’t want to watch it, because it was animated. But for their sake I watched it and it was good. 

I do think the pig Spider-Man was a little much lol. 

I think that’s a great example of natural evolution. It didn’t feel forced. It didn’t feel like it was trying to push an agenda. 

I wasn’t even aware anyone had a problem with that one. 

I had a stack of Spiderman comics, 1 to 146 or 164, not sure anymore, from the seventees. I know it was the full collection. Had them in my House back in Bosnia. When the war started we had to flee and everything was left behind. Not sure about the value now but I bet the collection would be some money worth. Also, a German Penny from 1901. I had a few collections but back then they were only worth to me, never bothered to even think about collectors monetary value.

• Like 1

I am thankful the I never got into comic books.  

I don't even go see the movies at the theater.  I wait till they play on a free station.   For a person like myself, the superhero movies have saturated the market and stopped be from being interested.  Last one I seen was Aquaman and it was not good at all.  10 years or so ago the Vampire movies saturated the market and did the same thing for me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

I am thankful the I never got into comic books.

I'm glad I did. I saved 'em all. My collection of comics and comic collectibles are probably worth about 10K. My dad said he probably owned Action Comics #1 at some point and his mom probably tossed it out with newspapers one day. :cry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odas said:

I had a stack of Spiderman comics, 1 to 146 or 164, not sure anymore, from the seventees. I know it was the full collection. Had them in my House back in Bosnia. When the war started we had to flee and everything was left behind. Not sure about the value now but I bet the collection would be some money worth. Also, a German Penny from 1901. I had a few collections but back then they were only worth to me, never bothered to even think about collectors monetary value.

Oh man yeah I bet that would be worth something today. Even more if you could have left it to grandchildren. 

6 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

I'm glad I did. I saved 'em all. My collection of comics and comic collectibles are probably worth about 10K. My dad said he probably owned Action Comics #1 at some point and his mom probably tossed it out with newspapers one day. :cry:

If they are worth that much now, it won’t be to long, 20-30 years and it will be a fortune. 

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That’s hard to believe considering the people arrested were often released right away by democrats. Such provocateurs are usually used to demonize a movement. But it wasn’t demonized. It was defended by the highest ranks. Even victims were silenced. 

People arrested were the mob.  The false flag operatives were retired military and special operatives.  They did not get caught. 

16 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Or it could be Antifa dressed as Trump supporters to instigate trouble.  Change out the black tactical gear and bandana for camo tactical gear and a red MAGA hat and voila!

Yes it could be.  What matters is the response.  That is what you look for.    If the event sponsor disavows Nazis, you can believe them. It doesn't matter if they are real Nazis or Antifa dressed up, they disavow them.  If they take several days to make a comment or pretend they didn't see them or say there were good people on both sides, then maybe you think it actually is part of their base they didn't want to offend.

2 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

To each his own.  I don't look down at people who are into comic books.   We are all different and have our own things we enjoy.  It was never really my cup of tea.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

There is a big difference between no longer being interested in a product, and trying to have the product removed altogether. Even if the results are the same. 

I thought it was Church Ladies who tried to get TV programs and advertisements taken off the air.   

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

To each his own.  I don't look down at people who are into comic books.

I didn't think you would.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

I didn't think you would.

Thanks.    When I read my comment I thought maybe it could have come across differently than I intended.   I know there are people that call comic book fans nerds and stuff like that.    People like what they like and I don't always understand it but everyone is different.   Wrestling (the fake popular kind) is not something I ever understood the fascination with but there are millions of fans so it is entertaining for many people, just not me.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:56 PM, Tatetopa said:

The View’ Apologizes to Turning Point USA After Lawsuit Threat

The View has issued an apology to Turning Point USA after the show called the organization out for not doing anything about neo-Nazi protestors outside of last weekend’s summit in Tampa, Florida. In a cease and desist letter Tuesday, the organization said the hosts’ comments “false, derogatory, and defamatory statements” were “unquestionably harmful to TPUSA’s reputation,” causing them to lose credibility with “the public, potential donors, and current and future business partners.” TPUSA claimed it didn’t have the right to remove the protesters from public property, so it’s demanding a public retraction and apology by Wednesday. In response, The View apologized for any confusion on a Wednesday segment, setting the record straight that the organizers were not in any way endorsed by TPUSA.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/turning-point-usa-threatens-to-sue-the-view-over-monday-segment-on-tampa-summit