Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left

el midgetron

3 minutes ago, odas said:

So, according to your reasoning LOTR should have been classified as "for white christian audience only"? You think that Tolkien himself had that in mind?

Btw. the Bible WAS changed to reflect the "Modern Times" of 4th century. 

Does it mean we should rewrite/rethink Yoruba folk tales? Bringing some diverse characters (eastern/southern asian)?

11 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Does it mean we should rewrite/rethink Yoruba folk tales? Bringing some diverse characters (eastern/southern asian)?

I could not care less. Because, just like with LOTR, DC, Marvel...I would just sit back and enjoy the movie (if there is one made about the Yoruba folk tales). If I was made to believe that Dragons, Tigers, Lions...can talk, why not believe in black characters in the Ring, white, asian...characters in African tales? 

Those are just tales, phantasie, fiction...not accurate historical happenings. In cases like this, to say to you "grow up" would not be accurate. Sit back and be a child again would be the right thing to say. Why does everything have to be politicized by the far left and the far right? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, odas said:

I could not care less. Because, just like with LOTR, DC, Marvel...I would just sit back and enjoy the movie (if there is one made about the Yoruba folk tales). If I was made to believe that Dragons, Tigers, Lions...can talk, why not believe in black characters in the Ring, white, asian...characters in African tales? 

Those are just tales, phantasie, fiction...not accurate historical happenings. In cases like this, to say to you "grow up" would not be accurate. Sit back and be a child again would be the right thing to say. Why does everything have to be politicized by the far left and the far right? 

Hmmm, christ... Thats what Rippa (Eric July) is taking about.

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

How so?

I'm for inclusivity...

Your puerile attempts at humour have long a fallen as as flat as a fart.

Move on.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Your puerile attempts at humour have long a fallen as as flat as a fart.

Move on.

Thats it? All you have? Fart jokes are sooo yesterday. Try to find something funnier.

12 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Thats it? All you have? Fart jokes are sooo yesterday. Try to find something funnier.

I'm not trying to be funny.  It's a well known idiom.

Like I said you're embarrassing yourself.  Stay inside your wheelhouse and don't give up your day job.

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

I'm not trying to be funny.  It's a well known idiom.

Like I said you're embarrassing yourself.  Stay inside your wheelhouse and don't give up your day job.

Oh dare, don't be so furious.

Why introdusing characters of color triggers you?

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Oh dare, don't be so furious.

Why introdusing characters of color triggers you?

I'm not triggered.  I'm just pointing out that your attempt at humour wasn't funny the first time.  I mean your aren't even good enough to play the fool.

But, if you see the provision of helpful advice to stop embarrassing yourself, for your own sake, as being triggered, then perhaps you are attempting to roll-play forvthe sake of flame baiting. 

Omg,Joy Ried has made me totally forget about this Melissa Harris Perry lady. What a stroll down memory lane….

13 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

It's fantasy folks. Get over it.

Unless you are black. Then it’s a very important way to visualize a future where black people are not oppressed, 

Why does it seem like when black peoples visualize their future, there are no white people?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Hmm, ok, Chinese actress may be new main character in Black Panther *logy. Are you against that?

That’s not what I asked - I asked where has it happened before. Where has a Caucasian character from the comics been recast as a non-Caucasian actor?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, preacherman76 said:

I hope one day MLK’s dream is realized. Why is the color of peoples skin so important to you guys?

Great.  That would be wonderful.  Would that mean people won't get irate about a black Little Mermaid or brown characters in Rings of Power? Why is skin color so important to those angry people?   I am sure you are not one of them.

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Why does it seem like when black peoples visualize their future, there are no white people?

That's a pretty big claim you're making 

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That’s not what I asked - I asked where has it happened before. Where has a Caucasian character from the comics been recast as a non-Caucasian actor?

:innocent:

image.png.07f2fa5f43036b45de7d5c4ecb06664c.png

I will let you propose an answer to your own question.

Then it’s a very important way to visualize a future where black people are not oppressed, 

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

That's a pretty big claim you're making 

Not really, it’s just a casual observation. 

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I will let you propose an answer to your own question.

The future is now. In the words of George Clinton, “Free your mind and your *** will follow”.

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

In comics probably not, I'm not a fan of comics, I preffer books.

Though, sometime between TROP and LOTR darkskinned good guys were wiped out...

On 9/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, el midgetron said:

You sir, illustrate perfectly why people are willing to pay $35 for a “anti-woke” comic book.

You, sir, are supposed to be skeptical, but you saw that "woke worm" and went for it hook, line, and sinker. What a fool.

Truth, Justice and the American Way

"...the "the American way" was apparently dropped by the radio show in 1944..."

"...in 2011 Superman renounced his American citizenship in David Goyer's "The Incident" in Action Comics #900 in order to adopt a more global perspective..."

Twenty-eleven! That was more than a decade ago.  It's a scam.  A grift. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

In comics probably not, I'm not a fan of comics, I preffer books.

Though, sometime between TROP and LOTR darkskinned good guys were wiped out...

That certainly makes no sense.  By using the triggered canonical logic of these die hard fan boys, are you proposing that the third second and first ages, with its excellent documenting of the conflicts of middle earth, failed to document the genocidal purging of anyone who’s skin is black?  Nonsense.

Lets get real here.  The only reason no one of colour is presented in Lord of the Rings is because that was Tolkiens own experience.  By his own admission he was almost entirely untraveled, save for a tour of duty in the First World War.  He grew up isolated near Sarehole Mill and lived in rural England for the majority of his adult life.  Middle Earth reflects his world view.  Tolkien has even described himself as a big hobbit preferring to stay in his hobbit hole smoking a pipe.

Dont get me wrong, Tolkien was a great literary figure, and I know most artists who approach his work creatively want to stay as true to the source material as possible (as well as the Tolkien estate being quite influential) but this all comes down to an isolated man with little worldly experience.

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

:innocent:

image.png.07f2fa5f43036b45de7d5c4ecb06664c.png

From comics, dearie. Technically that’s a black film character being turned into a white comic character (and IIRC Felix was Ginger in the novels).

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Great.  That would be wonderful.  Would that mean people won't get irate about a black Little Mermaid or brown characters in Rings of Power? Why is skin color so important to those angry people?   I am sure you are not one of them.

Personally I don’t care. But I think it has nothing to do with racism. They care about the story, that’s long been established, and it doesn’t make any sense at this point. Feels pushed. Not authentic. An agenda if you will. 

So far I like the rings of power. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

From comics, dearie. Technically that’s a black film character being turned into a white comic character (and IIRC Felix was Ginger in the novels).

Awww, come on sweetie.  That's not a bad effort for off the top of my head.

But, there could be a Bond connection with Heimdall from the Thor Comics.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, el midgetron said:

According to Rob Schneider.

I wouldn’t really know as it been more like 20 years since I have watched SNL. 

He didn't declare your disinterest.  He said SNL is dead. It's still on air, so presumably NBC us still making a profit.  How is that dead? 

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Taskmaster was gender swapped though. And Reed Richards was turned into an idiot.

You remind me... Johnny Storm in that last teen Fantastic Four movie.  I think that movie was worse than She-Hulk. 

• Like 1