Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Woke Comic Book Rakes in Nearly $3 Million in Days Defying the Cancel Culture Left

el midgetron

Just now, Golden Duck said:

You remind me... Johnny Storm in that last teen Fantastic Four movie.  I think that movie was worse than She-Hulk. 

Ohh yeah, there’s another. It’s possibly the LEAST terrible thing that film did though. 
How do you mess up the Fantastic Four? Honestly? It’s family time mad science adventures, Rick and Morty if they actually liked each other and Rick wasn’t an ********.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Portre said:

You, sir, are supposed to be skeptical, but you saw that "woke worm" and went for it hook, line, and sinker. What a fool.

Truth, Justice and the American Way

"...the "the American way" was apparently dropped by the radio show in 1944..."

"...in 2011 Superman renounced his American citizenship in David Goyer's "The Incident" in Action Comics #900 in order to adopt a more global perspective..."

Twenty-eleven! That was more than a decade ago.  It's a scam.  A grift. 

Uh so? Superman renounced his citizenship 11 years ago. And that makes “it a scam”? Please elaborate.

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Uh so? Superman renounced his citizenship 11 years ago. And that makes “it a scam”? Please elaborate.

When statements are not consistent, look for the real motive

“I made it to DC Comics and made it to Superman. My little-boy dream came true, they made him ‘woke,’ they got rid of his American citizenship.” 

Assuming he was actually employed at DC, was he hired before Superman renounced his citizenship?  If so, why wait until now to claim DC "woke" Superman?

If his employment was after Superman renounced his citizenship, then DC didn't make Superman "woke" after he got his dream job.

It's the inconsistencies that raises red flags.

While we're on the topic, I have an anti-woke bridge in Brooklyn that might interest you, or you may prefer some lovely anti-woke swampland in Florida.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, el midgetron said:

According to Rob Schneider.

I wouldn’t really know as it been more like 20 years since I have watched SNL. 

Perhaps I was hasty.  Perhaps you believe in life after death and NBC has been showing SNL ghost stories and skits for the past 6+ years.

24 minutes ago, Portre said:

When statements are not consistent, look for the real motive

“I made it to DC Comics and made it to Superman. My little-boy dream came true, they made him ‘woke,’ they got rid of his American citizenship.” 

Assuming he was actually employed at DC, was he hired before Superman renounced his citizenship?  If so, why wait until now to claim DC "woke" Superman?

If his employment was after Superman renounced his citizenship, then DC didn't make Superman "woke" after he got his dream job.

It's the inconsistencies that raises red flags.

While we're on the topic, I have an anti-woke bridge in Brooklyn that might interest you, or you may prefer some lovely anti-woke swampland in Florida.

By “inconsistencies” you mean things you don’t know. You don’t know when he worked for DC. Therefore in some self fulfilling conclusion you assume that means there are “inconsistencies” in his story. And then based your self fulfilling conclusion which are based on things you don’t know, you feel empowered to pass judgement on me? Mmmkay Columbo. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Portre said:

Perhaps I was hasty.  Perhaps you believe in life after death and NBC has been showing SNL ghost stories and skits for the past 6+ years.

Perhaps you don’t understand basic figures of speech? 

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Personally I don’t care. But I think it has nothing to do with racism. They care about the story, that’s long been established, and it doesn’t make any sense at this point. Feels pushed. Not authentic. An agenda if you will. 

Hold on a sec.  We are talking about a Disney movie, not some long established folk tale. In fact, in the long established folk tale the mermaid does not have a happy ending. What is more authentic about a white MERMAID with red hair than a black MERMAID with black hair?

Consider that 7 year old white girl with red hair pretending to be Ariel.  Now consider that black 7 year old girl who goes to the movie and  hears that it is just impossible there could be a black mermaid.

But there you go, you have guessed what some other people are saying.  It's not about race, it is about authenticity.

I am glad you like Rings of Power.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Hold on a sec.  We are talking about a Disney movie, not some long established folk tale. In fact, in the long established folk tale the mermaid does not have a happy ending. What is more authentic about a white MERMAID with red hair than a black MERMAID with black hair?

Consider that 7 year old white girl with red hair pretending to be Ariel.  Now consider that black 7 year old girl who goes to the movie and  hears that it is just impossible there could be a black mermaid.

But there you go, you have guessed what some other people are saying.  It's not about race, it is about authenticity.

I am glad you like Rings of Power.

I don’t know anything about the mermaid thing. I was talking about the rings of power. Some People take their Lord of the Rings stories seriously. That’s what I was talking about when I said it was a long established story. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I don’t know anything about the mermaid thing. I was talking about the rings of power. Some People take their Lord of the Rings stories seriously. That’s what I was talking about when I said it was a long established story. 

Cool.  There is a big to do this week about the little mermaid, seems to have supplanted Rings of Power in the outrage cycle.  OK with me if we stay out of it. Have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, Barris, who will be writing and directing the new project through his Khaslabo Ink Society production studio, told Variety that his take on Dorothy’s journey will give a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘Somewhere over the rainbow.’

Barris told the outlet that his version, titled simply Wizard of Oz, will feature representation from both LGBTQ and other communities in an effort to tell a story that tackles modern-day issues.

“The original was an allegory and a reflection of the way the world was at the time with things like the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl,” said the director. “Now we’re going to turn a mirror on where we’re at right now and take disparate characters from the LGBTQ community, from different cultural communities and socioeconomic communities, and tell a story that reflects the world.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/27/warner-bros-the-wizard-of-oz-remake-will-feature-lgbtq-representation-as-part-of-a-story-that-reflects-the-world/

I liked The Wiz when it came out…….

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Last week, Barris, who will be writing and directing the new project through his Khaslabo Ink Society production studio, told Variety that his take on Dorothy’s journey will give a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘Somewhere over the rainbow.’

Barris told the outlet that his version, titled simply Wizard of Oz, will feature representation from both LGBTQ and other communities in an effort to tell a story that tackles modern-day issues.

“The original was an allegory and a reflection of the way the world was at the time with things like the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl,” said the director. “Now we’re going to turn a mirror on where we’re at right now and take disparate characters from the LGBTQ community, from different cultural communities and socioeconomic communities, and tell a story that reflects the world.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/27/warner-bros-the-wizard-of-oz-remake-will-feature-lgbtq-representation-as-part-of-a-story-that-reflects-the-world/

Sounds anti-woke to me..

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Doctor Who already did that - The Wonderful Doctor of Oz is a novel where the lead character is 

Spoiler

a boy named Theodore, who overheard the Doctor saying "when I was a man" (this is the thirteenth Doctor, so the first female TV Doctor) and followed her into the TARDIS and later "Oz" because Theodore wanted to be a woman.... a woman named Dorothee.... (an anagram of Theodore). 

The creator of Dilbert, Scott Adams, announced Tuesday that his comic has been canceled by nearly 77 newspapers, which he says are owned by one media company. 

Dilbert follows the titular character as he navigates American office culture. Recently, as "woke" culture has permeated workplaces, it has been addressed in Adams's comics. 

"All of the wokeness and anything that permeated from ESG [environmental, social, and governance] … so that stuff made its way into the business world, and then, it became proper content for Dilbert," he told Fox News. 

Coincidentally, Adams announced on Twitter that his comic is being stripped from 77 newspapers, which is coming as a "substantial" financial blow to the creator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/dilbert-creator-says-77-newspapers-canceled-comic-strip-as-it-tackles-woke-culture/ar-AA125Top?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d1539137338b438f9c95d2e9eeb6cebf

DC5BE9DD-CECC-4C38-A513-BD0D0A87AF58.png.8e3b16475ed98c312eb3e140b8c7b195.png

Edited by el midgetron

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Doctor Who already did that - The Wonderful Doctor of Oz is a novel where the lead character is 

Hide contents

a boy named Theodore, who overheard the Doctor saying "when I was a man" (this is the thirteenth Doctor, so the first female TV Doctor) and followed her into the TARDIS and later "Oz" because Theodore wanted to be a woman.... a woman named Dorothee.... (an anagram of Theodore). 

It’s like Andy Warhol famously said, “in the future everyone will be gay for 15 minutes”. Or something like that..,,,

Anyway, I only have two words to say about Dr Who and they are “Tom Baker”, I’ve never actually seen any of the others……

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It’s like Andy Warhol famously said, “in the future everyone will be gay for 15 minutes”. Or something like that..,,,

Anyway, I only have two words to say about Dr Who and they are “Tom Baker”, I’ve never actually seen any of the others……

You got the peak of the crop IMO.

• Like 1

Just received my copy of Isom #1 today.  Interesting story to start off, I'll be interested to see where it goes from here and how it branches out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

Just received my copy of Isom #1 today.  Interesting story to start off, I'll be interested to see where it goes from here and how it branches out.

Ah, don't be like that.  Spill the storyline and what makes it anti-woke.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

On Thursday, streaming service HBO Max premiered Velma, a new "adult animated comedy series," focused on the Scooby-Doo character Velma as voiced by Mindy Kaling and the show has been criticized as an insult to fans, uncomfortably sexual in tone given it's about teenagers, and has been met with overwhelming jeers as it sits at a 9 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 2.5 out of 10 on IMDb……

……As Variety notes, much of the Scooby gang's ethnic makeup has been changed for the sake of diversity. "Velma is Indian American, Norville (Shaggy) is Black, and Daphne appears to be of Asian descent, though she’s the adopted daughter of married lesbian detectives Donna and Linda (Jane Lynch and Wanda Sykes). Only Fred retains his identity as the boy next door in the all-white neighborhood, and much is made of his privilege throughout the series," the outlet reports.

As for Fred and his white privilege, according to the Daily Mail, Fred is portrayed as "a personification of mediocre white richness with 'teeny widdle privates'." 

Kaling herself said at Comic Con last summer, "I think of the characters in this as so iconic, but in no way is the gang defined by their whiteness, except for Fred."

https://thepostmillennial.com/woke-scooby-doo-spin-off-velma-tanks-as-series-ditches-scoob-shaggy-for-lesbian-lead

I'd have to agree with you on the Scooby Doo stuff.  I liked it better when it was silly for the kids and the drug use/sex was implied for the adults watching the show.  To just put it all out front diminishes the subtleness of the adult humor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

uncomfortably sexual in tone given it's about teenagers, a

As compared to most other shows about teenagers lol

Looking at you Riverdale 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Looking at you Riverdale 

I walked in on my uncle watching "Sabrina" the other day.  It was a bunch of highschool guys half naked kissing each other.  I was like, "What the heck are you watching?"  The uncle said, "Sabrina the witch.  Her and her friends cast a spell on them because they attacked one of her firends."  I was like, "Sabrina from the comic book?  Alrighty then..." and walked away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I'd have to agree with you on the Scooby Doo stuff.  I liked it better when it was silly for the kids and the drug use/sex was implied for the adults watching the show.  To just put it all out front diminishes the subtleness of the adult humor.

And HBO would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you darn grown up kids.

47 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I walked in on my uncle watching "Sabrina" the other day.  It was a bunch of highschool guys half naked kissing each other.  I was like, "What the heck are you watching?"  The uncle said, "Sabrina the witch.  Her and her friends cast a spell on them because they attacked one of her firends."  I was like, "Sabrina from the comic book?  Alrighty then..." and walked away.

Wednesday was pretty chill in this regard, now that I think about it. There was only a kiss 

23 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Looking at you Riverdale 

That's just sexualisation of Archie.