Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] Ignore user's threads

zep73

When you put a user on ignore, you can pick posts, messages and stuff. Is it possible to add threads/topics to that?

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think so but I agree that it WOULD be a bonus to be able to do that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say this might be useful.

I also have to say that my experience on this site has been much better since I found out how to ignore people

• Like 4

Been asking for this option for yeeeears now.

So far, it's a no go, whether that's due to it not being feasible in the software, or the admins aren't up to the task is uncertain based on responses to queries...

• Like 2

That would be nice. There is a workaround, though - there's an extension called uBlock Origin that allows you to hide specific HTML elements of a page, and because the forum list is essentially just an HTML table, you can hide specific elements in that table. I've used it to hide entire sections of the forum list before.

Whenever you see a new thread from that specific user you just right-click and "Block element", and Bob's your uncle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

That would be nice. There is a workaround, though - there's an extension called uBlock Origin that allows you to hide specific HTML elements of a page, and because the forum list is essentially just an HTML table, you can hide specific elements in that table. I've used it to hide entire sections of the forum list before.

Whenever you see a new thread from that specific user you just right-click and "Block element", and Bob's your uncle.

How do you make it stick? Coz with me they just pop right back up when there's a new post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

I have to say this might be useful.

I also have to say that my experience on this site has been much better since I found out how to ignore people

I learned the hard way about trying to moderate my own responses to people whose very presence annoys me after awhile.  I admit it, I'd go verbally medieval on them eventually and get nailed for it.  I'm certain there are several here who'd cheerfully say the same about me ;)  (and I'd have to admit they're correct) The point is, by hiding most of their input, the triggering is avoided and we can all play nice :) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, zep73 said:

How do you make it stick? Coz with me they just pop right back up when there's a new post.

I'll fiddle around with it and see if I can figure it out.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to [Solved] Ignore user's threads
  • The topic was locked