Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How likely are you to be killed by falling space junk ?

UM-Bot

It may be a tiny chance but tell that to someone hit, I suppose you wouldn't be able to, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The other day..... as I was walking into Greggs for a Chicken Bake and a Sausage Roll, I was hit from above by a 2.5mm plasterboard screw! :o

None of the builders renovating the flat above were visible, so I'm suing NASA for $5m.  :tsu:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 2

Debris from massive Chinese booster rocket could fall to Earth early next week

The 23-ton Long March 5B rocket which carried the Wentian laboratory module, took off from Hainan Island at 2:22 p.m. local time Sunday, July 24, and the module successfully docked with China's orbital outpost.

Its job completed, the rocket has gone into an uncontrolled descent toward Earth's atmosphere and it's not clear where it will land. The uncontrolled descent marks the third time that the country has been accused of not properly handling space debris from its rocket stage.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/26/china/china-wentian-space-debris-intl-hnk-scn/index.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, openozy said:

What the space junk or the stout farmer? :D

:w00t:

Good one! Still laughing while I write this... 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:w00t:

Good one! Still laughing while I write this... 

The odds are much better that you may get killed by falling US Army Airborne Soldier, or his Tracked Vehicle ! :yes: Whose main Parachute fails and his Reserve Parachute is released and tangles in the main because he didn't release or cut it lose before deploying the reserve parachute, which would cause the poor soldier or his Vehicle to Roman Candles from 10,000 ft!:w00t:

Bo diddley Bo diddley have you heard"" I'm going to jump from a big bird"" Standup Hookup Shuffle to the door and jump right out on the count of 4""  If my main don't open I have a reserve by my side"" If that one should fail me too look out below I gonna land you" If I miss you better step aside cause gonna splatter my ass on the countryside!! :w00t::D

Some one is in whole lot of trouble, and honestly I feel for the Jump Master because before this drop was allowed to occur the Jump Master had to put his seal of approval on and he is also the last one to inspect it before it flies!:w00t::D

image.jpeg.34bcd5330d642f2de239f6b7ccc3370b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d7a0f70bea789e5a179dc687c87f1ae.jpeg

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The odds are much better that you may get killed by falling US Army Airborne Soldier, or his Tracked Vehicle ! :yes: Whose main Parachute fails and his Reserve Parachute is released and tangles in the main because he didn't release or cut it lose before deploying the reserve parachute, which would cause the poor soldier or his Vehicle to Roman Candles from 10,000 ft!:w00t:

Bo diddley Bo diddley have you heard"" I'm going to jump from a big bird"" Standup Hookup Shuffle to the door and jump right out on the count of 4""  If my main don't open I have a reserve by my side"" If that one should fail me too look out below I gonna land you" If I miss you better step aside cause gonna splatter my ass on the countryside!! :w00t::D

Some one is in whole lot of trouble, and honestly I feel for the Jump Master because before this drop was allowed to occur the Jump Master had to put his seal of approval on and he is also the last one to inspect it before it flies!:w00t::D

image.jpeg.34bcd5330d642f2de239f6b7ccc3370b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d7a0f70bea789e5a179dc687c87f1ae.jpeg

Whoa!!! That's an incident worth mentioning!

Lol, I have to admit, I watched the A Team on the telly a couple nights ago. This instantly reminded me of the scene where they leave the plane in a tank..... :lol:

Cheers mate, you have the most interesting stories to tell!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Whoa!!! That's an incident worth mentioning!

Lol, I have to admit, I watched the A Team on the telly a couple nights ago. This instantly reminded me of the scene where they leave the plane in a tank..... :lol:

Cheers mate, you have the most interesting stories to tell!!

Well honestly that’s not my photo, I down loaded, because of the comments in the Thread. However, in 1985 when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, Georgia we went to the Nation Training Center in the Mohave Desert in California! I was assigned to the 24th Infantry Division at the time. It was February 1982 when we arrived at the Mohave Desert for Operation Gallant Eagle which was one of the largest training exercises in close to15 years and with the largest Airborne Operation since WWII carried out by the 82nd Airborne Division. The concept was simple the 82nd was a Light Davison that could Air inserted behind the lines to carry out a surprise attack on the unit I was assigned to! So first the first time they jumped the entire unit into the Mohave Desert along with all there equipment.

Well the entire event turned into a real world Mass Casualty Exercise with 4 dead soldiers and more than 100 injured on the Drop Zone, needless to say all trading ended and to my knowledge it was the worst Airborne training exercise in the history of the US Military! Here again the ground control and the air control Jump Masters made a huge mistake and allowed themselves to be coerced in into giving the order to jump when there high winds on the drop zone, My entire unit was sent to assist helping to evacuate the injured, it was horrible, I was a young Airborne Soldier myself then, thank God I was nit assigned to the 82nd Airborne I may have died that day.

Operation Desert Eagle Video Documentary:  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5040170/mediaviewer/rm3014934272/?ref_=tt_ov_i

4 SOILDERS KILLED AND Approximately 150 soldier injured  IN ARMY AIRDROP ON COAST DESERT

https://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/31/us/4-soilders-killed-and-dozens-hurt-in-army-airdrop-on-coast-desert.html