Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘They look almost human made.’ NOAA finds weird lines of holes in Mid-Atlantic floor

WVK

It's the spinous processes of a sea-dragon.  ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Idk...pretty cool...i wonder what undersea expert think.

Quite fascinating.  The slots look fairly evenly spaced.

That they remain clear of debris and aren't covered over implies a flow that keeps them open. 

Really curious if they pass through to a cavity.  The close up pic on the left is really intriguing.  The flat sections around the openings remind me of holes in thick metal plating, as if something flat with slotted holes is sitting just under a few inches of sediment there. 

Good find mate.  Thanks for sharing.

I wish we had relative measurements….

Regardless, I’m wondering if these are the breathing holes of a massive aquatic beast. A Giant muscle or buried clam perhaps?

An underwater listening device, perhaps?

I think it's some kind of a worm that lives at great depths who makes those holes. I think I saw it, or something similar, on the TV a few years ago.

Just wait until someone finds the directions that explain you need to "tear along perforation".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

I think it's some kind of a worm that lives at great depths who makes those holes. I think I saw it, or something similar, on the TV a few years ago.

Squishy things do live in these deep holes.

I think that it looks organic and creature related.

It is small scale and doesn’t look regularly spaced enough to be anything related to humans.

Unless some other deep-sea craft is randomly punching holes in the bottom of the sea…

The idea that there is some animal unknown to science living in some remote and isolated area is just too much to accept.

They can only be vents for our reptilian overlords living in the hollow Earth

• Like 1

I agree with Raptor. Measurements would be nice as well as an indicator of North's direction.
My first guess is Big Foot was there foraging.
My second guess is ant lions.

My first thought (which someone mentioned on aol site) something man made or mechanical that fell off a ship. 

Aquatic apes

"Look almost human made"?     I don't understand that.   Do humans make small holes in the depths of the ocean often.  I have seen many animals leave a straight line of marks on the ground.  

• Like 1

There used to be a story many years ago . When the Cunard liners were crossing the Atlantic on a regular basis, they didn�t do any washing up, just dumped the China overboard. So if it was possible to drain the Atlantic by just following the trail of crockery, you could walk it!

Edited by Torviking
Misspelled

God created the world people and those lines are the left overs from the assembly instructions.

• Haha 2

Probably some kind of clam moving slowly in the sediment and making hole after each movement to eat/breath with his siphon. The low current situation give it's track a long livespan.
  • Like 1

Could it be part of a sunken ship?