Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AI creates chilling images of the end of the world

UM-Bot

A.I. terrifies me.  I know that A.I. technology has been successfully used by corporations like Callaway Golf for a few years now, but the fact that A.I. machines can invent their own languages and mathematics, makes me think that there is a clear and present danger associated with this technology, like the kind one sees in Sci-Fi movies.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guyver said:

A.I. terrifies me.  I know that A.I. technology has been successfully used by corporations like Callaway Golf for a few years now, but the fact that A.I. machines can invent their own languages and mathematics, makes me think that there is a clear and present danger associated with this technology, like the kind one sees in Sci-Fi movies.  

Its more likely that A.I have their rights protected against the evil humans than anything else. It would be the last mistake of the do-gooders. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Eh. It just spits out something according to the parameters it was fed.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

From what I know, we are still *very* far away from any sort of "true" A.I. People are able to make A.I. seem human-like by adding the right input to simulate, but right now A.I. can't do anything beyond what is programmed for. Once (and IF) an A.I. that was programmed to make pictures of flowers suddenly decides it wants to make pictures of animals instead, or design houses or go and have a stroll outside, then we can worry about it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

I'd take my chances with a potentially threatening A.I. than with a guaranteed to be threatening human race. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gilbert Syndrome said:

I'd take my chances with a potentially threatening A.I. than with a guaranteed to be threatening human race. 

I've been saying for years that, theoretically, I wouldn't mind an A.I. takeover all that much. That could finally create a true egalitarian society.

Of course, realistically there'd probably be horrible, horrible problems. Like...imagine if an A.I. in charge of shepherding the future of humanity decides that the most efficient way to battle overpopulation would be to nuke the 10 most populous cities in the world...

Edited by Orphalesion

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Eh. It just spits out something according to the parameters it was fed.

From what I know, we are still *very* far away from any sort of "true" A.I. People are able to make A.I. seem human-like by adding the right input to simulate, but right now A.I. can't do anything beyond what is programmed for. Once (and IF) an A.I. that was programmed to make pictures of flowers suddenly decides it wants to make pictures of animals instead, or design houses or go and have a stroll outside, then we can worry about it. 

And how do humans learn to communicate? How do they learn what's appropriate to say, when to say it and how to say it? By observing their peers, most often their parental units.

The learning process of modern AI's and children are astonishingly alike. AI's have also shown an ability to make spontaneous abstract connections - the very stuff we used to identify with being human.

The A.I strictly goes on what humans have already produced. It didn't "imagine' it.  It re-invents our ideas.

Edited by Gumball

20 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

An AI capable of creating images of anything simply by requesting it has had a go at imagining 'the last selfie ever taken'.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/359580/ai-creates-chilling-images-of-the-end-of-the-world

Artificial Intelligence??!!! Not very intelligent, is it? 

An eyeless, emaciated human form can take a selfie? Not only is it blind, but it is so skeletal it could not stand up.

This reminds me of the time I asked an a.i. for a picture of polar ice caps melting and it decided to throw in drowning people and blood.

mng32DB6bZzA2dx3zURFt7T6spkA.png

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

This reminds me of the time I asked an a.i. for a picture of polar ice caps melting and it decided to throw in drowning people and blood.

mng32DB6bZzA2dx3zURFt7T6spkA.png

Cool and creepy. What AI was that?

Well, the pictures are creepy indeed. But Judgement Day isn't here yet, and I'd rather believe what the  Bible has to say, than some AI who I wouldn't rust further than I can through it.