Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi is going to Taiwan

and-then

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics/nancy-pelosi-taiwan-visit/index.html

It seems that someone in the White House leaked the scheduled trip by our Speaker of the House to Taiwan.  The CCP has been very outspoken about a military response IF she goes through with the visit.  The word today is that she WILL fly to Taiwan.  Since I doubt the most extreme among the hawks in the CCP would want to fight America right now, what do all of you think will be their response?

• Thanks 4

I really have no idea. I want to say "probably nothing", but I don't know that I can, anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

It seems that someone in the White House leaked the scheduled trip by our Speaker of the House to Taiwan.  The CCP has been very outspoken about a military response IF she goes through with the visit.  The word today is that she WILL fly to Taiwan.  Since I doubt the most extreme among the hawks in the CCP would want to fight America right now, what do all of you think will be their response?

Well it sounds the Trump Administration it like ok its time for a leak!:no: Trust me I don't like Polosi at all to me she  always appears disingenuous, however to leak any information that can caused harm to some one exactly like this situation is inexcusable, criminal and it sets a very dangerous president! So I sincerely hope that they either catch  him or her and prosecute the individual or individuals are prosected to the maximum extent the law is possible. :td:

• Like 2

SPAR19 is the plane everyone has been following. The plane took off from D.C. and landed in Fairfield CA and then to Guam and on to Malaysia or Singapore. I don't know if the plane landed in Singapore first then to Kuala Lumpur. As the present flight path indicates it's headed east and not north to Taiwan. However yesterday another Air Force plane with the same configuration took off from Tokyo and headed south towards the Philippines and it's designation was SPAR20 and I didn't see where it went. These planes usually ferry members of Congress and the Cabinet.

It's a shame that Biden didn't put the brakes on Pelosi the same way Trump did by refusing her access to the planes. That would've been real funny. But everyone knows or should that Biden is just someone else's puppet.

EDIT:

Well it seems SPAR20 also went to Malaysia.

spar19.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Minimum? Shadowing her plane and lots of “Mister Kim” following her every footstep in Taiwan. Hotel room quietly bugged and worked over.
worse case? Laser flashes at pilots (their current favourite trick with The RAAF), hotel roof openly turned over. Attempted “deniable” action like a poisoning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Well I'm not sure if the CNN article is to be believed (imagine that) as they have her in Singapore on Monday and after checking both planes flight history neither one has yet to land in Singapore.

• Like 1

Political Cartoons by Margolis & Cox

• Haha 2

I really hope we're not witnessing horiffic history in the making. And I really hope things go well there.

Why is she even going to Taiwan?

• Like 3

China is going ballistic over this. The whole thing seems odd really. China practically owns the US at this point. What do they care about a visit?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CloudSix said:

I really hope we're not witnessing horiffic history in the making. And I really hope things go well there.

Because she hasn’t had a chance to get her mug on telly in ages because Trump isn’t President anymore. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CloudSix said:

She is promoting US relations in SE Asia and showing our support for Taiwan.  A huge percentage of the world's high level chips come from Taiwan so its not just  that we care so much about the Taiwanese people. 

Also, we give China a message about how far they can push in the world.  Talk is cheap. Occasionally you have to take some action or people cease to believe you. Stupid and risky?  Maybe.  

54 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

China is going ballistic over this. The whole thing seems odd really. China practically owns the US at this point. What do they care about a visit?

They are, so what?

Check out the China news lately.   They still have covid lockdowns and they have had a spate of recent bank failures.  Common people are angry about losing their life savings.  The loud ones criticizing the party will disappear, but  the word spreads. Their economy is not in the greatest shape. Xi has internal problems to deal with.  Talk is cheap, he can save face by making threatening statements about the US and hope to stay in power when the CCP meets this fall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Both China and The USA have depliyed air craft carriers to the region.

Basically, it's two teenagers down at the servo boasting who can do the sickest burnouts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It's a strong political statement.

It means that the U.S. pretty much recognizes Taiwan as an independent state, since they did not bother to seek China's permission to visit.

Of course China is going bonkers over this, as this makes them look very bad.

Edited by Only_
  • Thanks 1

That's a lot of hot air for an old senile hag making a visit.

No reactions before and after would have made the visit irrelevant. Lot's of hot air and no actions make the visit a stronger political statement for the US.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

She will probably not even remember the trip in a couple of days. Biden is probably not even remembering it already... god bless teleprompter for him.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 1

Crazy Nancy gonna lose her teeth again 

LIVE video:

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Both China and The USA have depliyed air craft carriers to the region.

Basically, it's two teenagers down at the servo boasting who can do the sickest burnouts. 

You hope, if not this senile old witch could be the spark that finishes us all off. And there was me thinking it would be Joe Bedridden that accidently pressed the nuke button.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well Nancy received the Order of the Propitious Clouds from a grateful Taiwanese government.   Not many of you can brag about  anything like that.:D

Seriously, consider this from a United States as a nation standpoint and not from a party standpoint. 

We send an elder statesman to support Taiwan, a nation that we desperately need currently to produce the high end chips we require to keep our industry running.  Or else your new bubba truck and big screen TV  and new i-phone are dead because they don't have chips to run them.  Not to mention airplanes and some chips for military usage.

And you  old buddy bedridden props up on one elbow and says just the right thing, "its not a good idea."

He provided China and the US a way to save face and avoid full scale conflict while standing up to them. Now China can bluster and play with planes and ships for a while and work off their temper.  

It was a good thing for the United States, not just the Republican party  that Donald Trump kept us out of war.  It was a good thing for the United States, not just the Republican party that Donald Trump started the process of getting us out of Afghanistan.

Now its time for the United States to stand up to Russia and China without full scale conflict  if we want to keep that America First slogan operational.

Hear about that chips act we just passed?   That will bring some of our high end chip manufacturing back and over time reduce our dependency on foreign sources.  Seems like that would be good for all of America, not just one party. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

And you  old buddy bedridden props up on one elbow and says just the right thing, "its not a good idea."

I guess we did not *need* to make China look bad for the world to see. We are almost forcing them to react, which can't be too good for Taiwan.

We all know that the U.S. has ties with and is backing Taiwan militarily. What is the point of making bold statements that can only inflame the situation?

Edited by Only_
  • Like 2

China's been pushing hard for three decades.

We're pushing back and supporting Taiwan openly.

black chip, white chip.  It's Wei Qi (Go) with politics.

53 minutes ago, Only_ said:

What is the point of making bold statements that can only inflame the situation?

To preserve the status quo.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:01 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well it sounds the Trump Administration it like ok its time for a leak!

Well, except those leaks were never used to try to harm anyone but Trump.  They were rather consistent on that point.  This leak could harm the whole country.  I've heard that the main post-visit concern now is that China will begin doing a lot more to help Russia in Ukraine :( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Well, except those leaks were never used to try to harm anyone but Trump.  They were rather consistent on that point.  This leak could harm the whole country.  I've heard that the main post-visit concern now is that China will begin doing a lot more to help Russia in Ukraine :( 

I honestly could careless about what China and the Ruski do, because sooner or later they will do it anyway! My only issue with this this leak, unlike all the leaks during the Trump Administration was like leaking Troop movements or other operational data! Situations like this could cost someone their life and that is crossing a line that can’t be recrossed. Trump started this crap of placing the lives of people in danger with his childish temper tantrum’s, like he did 6 January 2021, when the information was leaked to the crowd that Pence had not played his part and sacrificed his integrity! That’s where the Hang Pence came from, this is a obvious sign that our political system is rotten to its core. Both political parties are so broken I don’t believe that the rot can be removed so in time if they don’t discover away to move forward both parties will implode!

Thanks for your reply, and your thoughts on this subject!

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

To preserve the status quo.

China is willing to ditch the status quo after the visit. Taiwan is already facing heightened military threats. That can't be too good for anyone involved.

Preserving the status quo would be to keep backing Taiwan, providing them all the support they need and meeting their leaders remotely, far from public cameras and mics.

The U.S. doesn't need to make a show about it.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1