Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese threat posed to Taiwan - China Suspends Diplomacy With The United States / NATO

Grim Reaper 6

China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit:

BEIJING (AP) — China on Friday said it is canceling or suspending dialogue with the United States on a range of issues from climate change to military relations and anti-drug efforts in retaliation for a visit this week to Taiwan by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The measures, which come amid cratering relations between Beijing and Washington, are the latest in a promised series of steps intended to punish the U.S. for allowing the visit to the island it claims as its own territory, to be annexed by force if necessary!

Missiles have also been fired over Taiwan, defense officials told state media. China routinely opposes the self-governing island having its own contacts with foreign governments, but its response to the Pelosi visit has been unusually vociferous.

The Foreign Ministry said dialogue between U.S. and Chinese regional commanders and defense department heads would be canceled, along with talks on military maritime safety.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/08/05/china-halts-climate-military-ties-over-pelosi-taiwan-visit/#:~:text=China on Thursday launched threatening military exercises in,fired over Taiwan%2C defense officials told state media.

• Haha 1

When you rub somebody's face in "whatcha gonna do...? " you get a "right back at ya... "

~

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

When you rub somebody's face in "whatcha gonna do...? " you get a "right back at ya... "

~

In reference to you comments above, I don’t disagree with you, however, both the United States and China have been moving in this direction for sometime this isn’t a new issue it’s actually it’s approximately 7 decades old! When it comes to rubbing someone’s face in it China has done that to Taiwan since the Communist revolution in China when Taiwan broke away from the Chinese mainland rule. The only difference is Mao Zedong was more interested in Murdering those who would submit to his vision of an agricultural utopia than forcing Taiwan to submit! :D

I guess the time has come to settle these issues once and for all, I have openly said since the Russian invasion of the Ukraine that this would be the time for China to take action and it appears that is what they have chosen to do!

Especially since they are supporting the Russians, it is only logical they would act upon Taiwan now, to divide NATOs attention between the two situations! One thing I can say is that President Xi Jinping is a very articulate and intelligent man, and according to Chinese philosophies, beliefs, and practices it’s  easy to understand why he believes that his Government and Nation are right in their approach to this situation!

Now we can only hope that cooler heads prevail and that a diplomatic solution can be found in the current chaos! Just like the creation of our Universe beautiful things can be created out of a chaotic beginning!:tu:

Like you, I am in the middle of this yet I will lose no sleep over it because what will be will be!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh dear... little General Milly is going to be distraught over this dust-up.  

As for the rest of us...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Just like the creation of our Universe beautiful things can be created out of a chaotic beginning!

Uh huh... like "Let there be light"?

• Haha 2

China canceling talks about climate change makes zero sense at all lol.

Like a child throwing a fit. **** the global environment I guess 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

I hope not Andthen because that light will also light up your neighborhood just like the US SSBN Submarines,  China has six Type 094, or Jin -class, nuclear ballistic missile submarines (SSBN), the U.S. Department of Defense’s 2019 annual report on Chinese military capabilities has confirmed this. Keep in mind that each Submarine carries 12 SLBMS with an approximate range of 3500-4500 miles! Now like the US Submarine’s they can remain submerged indefinitely both have the capability to extract Oxgen from Seawater and to desalinate seawater for drinking and other uses! So basically they do not need to surface unless they run Storting on food!

So you can bet that at least one on them is off the coast of the United States outside of territorial waters. I mean it’s well know that the United States keep approximately 2 such Submarine’s in the waters between Korea, Japan, and Taiwan! They have been here for many years on a rotational duly!. My friend the days is a Nuclear ☢️ Launch scenario from Missile Silos on any countries mainland is a last resort, today when a Nuclear ☢️ First Strike is initiated it will occur just out of territorial waters on a  nations coast line, the days of wait and watching a Nuclear ☢️ attack coming at you are effectively over. By launching just outside a country’s coastline a dam near surprise attack can nearly be achieved!

Oh and by the way the US Nuclear Submarine’s also carried Nuclear Cruiser Missiles. The purpose of these are to destroy the Nations command an control and hopefully blind your enemy before you launch the 10-30 megaton devices that will finish them off! From me I have sticker up on Popcorn and about 80lbs of lean Pork Ribs and another 40 lbs of 1 1/2 inch thick Rib-eye Steaks hell if it’s my turn I am going out in style!:D

48 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

China canceling talks about climate change makes zero sense at all lol.

Like a child throwing a fit. **** the global environment I guess 

Actually It makes sense they brought up climate change, because they are one of the largest polluters in the world.  The just of the message is simple all diplomatic actions are canceled, further more the Chinese with no longer communication or discuss anything with the Inited States at this point any ties that existed are servered!

Basically tensions are at a fever pitich!:yes:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

So you can bet that at least one on them is off the coast of the United States outside of territorial waters.

Don't misunderstand me.  I'm nearly 62 and grew up during the height of the Cold War.  I have no illusions about anyone surviving a nuclear war.  In fact, most folks my age wouldn't even want to try to survive.  What's left would be hell on earth, BUT... so would living with a communist government whose evil had no constraints at all.  There are many in this world who view America as the worst evil on the planet and no doubt our government HAS become corrupt and evil.  The illusion those people hold onto is that the CCP would somehow be better.  

The little men with grand ambitions in Beijing don't even try to hide their instincts to crush any opposition.  A government that will execute or imprison its own people for daring to protest or who will weld their doors shut during a pandemic, is a government that has no sense of freedom or morality at all.  Once that government can spread their control globally, we would be living in a real hell on earth.

So... I have nothing but disdain for that nation's government OR anyone who supports it.  Those who support the CCP should someday have to live under its boot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Don't misunderstand me.  I'm nearly 62 and grew up during the height of the Cold War.  I have no illusions about anyone surviving a nuclear war.  In fact, most folks my age wouldn't even want to try to survive.  What's left would be hell on earth, BUT... so would living with a communist government whose evil had no constraints at all.  There are many in this world who view America as the worst evil on the planet and no doubt our government HAS become corrupt and evil.  The illusion those people hold onto is that the CCP would somehow be better

Ok so you were born in 1960 or 1961, well I was born in September of 1959 so I understand where you coming from and I was serving in the US Army from 1978 until 2003 so for the last 12 years of the Cold War i was on active duty! I understand your concern and like you if the worst happens I would like to be just out side of ground Zero, that way you see a flash and your dust in the wind, no pain no suffering! I have never said our government does not have problems, because it certainly does and to deny that is crazy! Yet the funny thing to me at least are the people who claim that China or the Russian Federation are better because they are also just as flawed. The difference being Russia is bent on reconstruction of the Previous Soviet Union  at any cost, no matter how many must die to meet his goal, mass murder, Genocide, ethnic cleansing, os anything else to achieve his goals.

While China on the other hand has not gone to those extremes yet  well at least nit since dirty little Mao Zedong died now Mao and Stalin were a match made in heaven they were both blood thirsty cowards that didn’t do any of their own dirty work! Now Xi Jinping he is much more measured and I don’t believe he is crazy to the point of going out in a blaze of glory like Putin. However, once a conflict starts on a Super Power level anything can happen all it takes is a mistake to set off a chain of events that no one saw coming! Its actually hilarious, another member in this thread made the comment to the effect that I am control by the propaganda that Nations push out into the ether! Yet by making that very remark he is adding to to the way misinformation, disinformation, and propaganda that he is personally indoctrinated with! There is no rhyme or reason to his comments and he is unable to communicate without throwing insults.

I have a cable package that allows me to currently have a choice of 11 news stations, I get the main US media stations, I get the BBC I get the main German media station, I get a station from Ryhad Saudi Arabia, I get one from Australia. So when I am home I watch different news stations at different times of the day to stay abreast of what’s kind of going on globally. It funny sitting here in Korea right now, because with everything occurring it’s just another day for the Koreans! They don’t sweat the little stuff, they live their lives as fully as they possibly can and treasure each day. What many people don’t know is that in 1953 when the last ceased fire defined the lines between North-South Korea that’s where it ended. There was never a formal of otherwise peace agreement ending the war, North and South Korea are still at war with only a cease fir in place! So if the current conflict spread to the Korean Peninsula no declaration of war is necessary they can just begin fighting again!

But, like everything else there no reason to be concerned about it, because there is nothing that can be done about it. Like you said in the beginning of your comments, I am also at a age where I don’t care, when it’s my time it’s my time! When I was evacuated from the Middle East in the 1990s, and I woke up in Landhstole US Army hospital days after the incident occurred my doctor told me what I missed, I had died 3 times con that flight from the Middle East, and they revived me! So since than view every day as I am living on borrowed time so each day is a new beginning and death is nothing but much needed sleep!

Thanks for your post and help me keep this thread updated!:tu:

1 hour ago, and-then said:

The little men with grand ambitions in Beijing don't even try to hide their instincts to crush any opposition.  A government that will execute or imprison its own people for daring to protest or who will weld their doors shut during a pandemic, is a government that has no sense of freedom or morality at all.  Once that government can spread their control globally, we would be living in a real hell on earth.

So... I have nothing but disdain for that nation's government OR anyone who supports it.  Those who support the CCP should someday have to live under its boot.

• Like 1

Taiwan says China military drills appear to simulate attack:

Taiwan's armed forces issued an alert, dispatched air and naval patrols around the island, and activated land-based missile systems in response to the situation, Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense said on Twitter. The Biden administration and Pelosi have said the U.S. remains committed to a “one-China” policy, which recognizes Beijing as the government of China but allows informal relations and defense ties with Taipei. The administration discouraged but did not prevent Pelosi from visiting.

China has also cut off defense talks with the U.S. and imposed sanctions on Pelosi in retaliation for the visit.:lol:

Taiwan says China military drills appear to simulate attack (msn.com)

7 hours ago, and-then said:

All of you Evangelical Christians always hoping for the Rapture,:blink::D come on man can't wait until Jesus is ready to return?:yes:

Thanks for the laugh,:P :huh: well I hope you were only  joking do you know something I don't???:wacko::D

Thank you very much for your posts, I appreciate your comments!!:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1

Amid tensions over Taiwan, S. Korea expresses objection to changing status quo by force

Aug. 5 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's top diplomat on Friday expressed concerns over rising tensions surrounding Taiwan and made clear Seoul's objection to any attempts to change "the status quo by force" during regional security forums in Phnom Penh. During the sessions also attended by U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, Foreign Minister Park Jin said Seoul opposes any unilateral efforts to "change the status quo by force" in the region.

(LEAD) Amid tensions over Taiwan, S. Korea expresses objection to changing status quo by force | Yonhap News Agency (yna.co.kr)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Actually It makes sense they brought up climate change, because they are one of the largest polluters in the world.  The just of the message is simple all diplomatic actions are canceled, further more the Chinese with no longer communication or discuss anything with the Inited States at this point any ties that existed are servered!

Basically tensions are at a fever pitich!:yes:

I'm just saying that it's unfortunate nations cant keep climate change out of their disagreements. Climate change is a problem that affects all of us.

Taiwan has nonething to do with climate change. China could easily cut off all diplomatic communication except for climate change. 

But it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

"always felt a connection there" 

Oh dear... someone's been watching to many Kamala Harris speeches.  :huh:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Looks like Cold War all over again, but this time with China instead of Russia.

Cold War never ended to be honest, a few years of "quiet" then it all happened again, espionage, proxy wars, major players actually getting involved in wars.

• Like 2

If its like the last one, there will be a lot of back and forth brinksmanship and bluster.    We almost got thing patched up with Russia under Gorby and Yeltsen, then Putin wanted to reclaim the empire.  Wonder what Xi will be like?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If its like the last one, there will be a lot of back and forth brinksmanship and bluster.    We almost got thing patched up with Russia under Gorby and Yeltsen, then Putin wanted to reclaim the empire.  Wonder what Xi will be like?

I think Xi and his crones want yo expand their borders aswell. However their economy seems to be collapsing at the moment.

Saw something on YouTube (yes I know) about they really estate industry collapsing and that industry has ALOT of debt.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

China halts climate, military ties over Pelosi Taiwan visit:

BEIJING (AP) — China on Friday said it is canceling or suspending dialogue with the United States on a range of issues from climate change to military relations and anti-drug efforts in retaliation for a visit this week to Taiwan by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Yeah... This is China on anti-drug policy...  China wages an "Opium War" against the USA.  They provide all the precursor chemicals to the Mexican Cartels in return for the Cartels paying them off in exotic Mexican wildlife for use in "Traditional" Chinese Medicine.

As to China on Climate Change... 70% of Chinese companies ignore pollution controls, and China has overtaken the USA as the largest global polluter.

Don't get me started on the corruption and incompetence of the PLA and associated Chinese armed forces.  They are at least as crazy corrupt as the Russians, and its stolen US technology has never been properly understood or retro-engineered, producing equipment which is faulty and obsolete from the moment of production.

The Chinese Economy is in diabolical trouble right now, and on the verge of a collapse from which they may never recover too.

China is looking for reasons to feel important, but it is a paper tiger.  Xi Jinping's premiership has been an episode of unmitigated catastrophe that has seen China go from a quiet powerhouse to an increasingly noisy basket-case.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Yeah... This is China on anti-drug policy...  China wages an "Opium War" against the USA.  They provide all the precursor chemicals to the Mexican Cartels in return for the Cartels paying them off in exotic Mexican wildlife for use in "Traditional" Chinese Medicine.

As to China on Climate Change... 70% of Chinese companies ignore pollution controls, and China has overtaken the USA as the largest global polluter.

Don't get me started on the corruption and incompetence of the PLA and associated Chinese armed forces.  They are at least as crazy corrupt as the Russians, and its stolen US technology has never been properly understood or retro-engineered, producing equipment which is faulty and obsolete from the moment of production.

The Chinese Economy is in diabolical trouble right now, and on the verge of a collapse from which they may never recover too.

China is looking for reasons to feel important, but it is a paper tiger.  Xi Jinping's premiership has been an episode of unmitigated catastrophe that has seen China go from a quiet powerhouse to an increasingly noisy basket-case.

First let me say I could not agree with you more, however there are members of this forum who are Patriotic Chinese that take serious offense to any comments concerning China.Yesterday I  had someone give me a piece of their mind, they also told me that I was so indoctrinated by the American propaganda machine that my comments were an insult to commons senses! While In reality I don’t really don’t care about the insults, but I don’t want to create any drama or insult anyone to the point where the moderators must deal with the situation again!

Now with that out of the way the current situation is much worse than most People not living here in East Asias really know. What most people fail to realize is the Speaker of Houses visit is not to blame for the current situation at all! I having been waiting since the Russians invaded the Ukraine for the Chinese to begin acting aggressively and threatening to finally invade Taiwan! The first sign this was going to occur was when China and Russia began conducting training exercises together before the invasion of Ukraine!

i believe that both the Russian invasion and the current Chinese aggression would have begun earlier last year except for Covid-19’s, It seems very obvious to me that the virus had created a unsatisfactory number of personal to fill their ranks with soldiers healthy enough to fight! So in my opinion last year was used to vaccinate and to make preparations for the invasion!  Now I believe that Russia and China had begun planning this possibility as early as 2020, and the idea was that one of their Nations would invade their target first and the other would support them with equipment of other necessary items needed for the war effort!

Now consider this for a moment because you may think I am crazy. If you look at the manufacturing base, raw materials, and manpower the  alliance between Russia and China have created by joining together its mind boggling! Because they have all the necessary resources located within their borders to supply a war effort, that could be self sufficient without imports.. Now, I can’t even think of another conflict where the countries that started a conflict had everything they need to continue the war effort without any importation. So flash back Russia invades the Ukraine, and at first China bids it’s time, but something occurs that neither of them could gave planned for or foreseen! The Ukrainians don’t collapse like the Crimea, and the Russians are unable to achieve their objectives!

So China continues to remain quite, well fast forward to May 2022 Russia is till unable to break the Stalemate, I suppose their alternate plan kicks in! So fast forward to today China is flexing their muscles and threatening Taiwan, threatening possible use of Nuclear Weapons and at anytime they may carry through, while that will take some pressure Russias, and also keep some pressure off China it still will not guaranty success! Yet China and Russia still have a hole card, North Korea. If it appears that both China and Russia are failing to achieve their objectives, North Korea could attack the South again however this time they will hit a brick wall, South Korea today has a smaller military force less artillery, however everything in all phases of the military depends upon this Training.

A very trained soldier is worth 3 soldiers not trained as well. Next South Korea has state of the art US Equipment which they have again modified! In addition to this they also have began to manufacture military equipment according to US specifications and they are selling equipment to other Nations!

You know Al, I hope I am wrong that would not hurt feelings at all. Because everything I have envisioned has come to fruition I suppose I hope cooler heads prevail because there is nothing else we can do buddy!:tu:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, acidhead said:

"always felt a connection there"

Yeah and this is the connection.

us-100-dollar-bill--949219881.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Looks like Cold War all over again, but this time with China instead of Russia.

Tate sincerely this all do to the alliance formed between Russia and China. Russia invades the Ukraine and China gos after Taiwan! It just like WWII one Nation fights in Europe the other in Asia!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm just saying that it's unfortunate nations cant keep climate change out of their disagreements. Climate change is a problem that affects all of us.

Taiwan has nonething to do with climate change. China could easily cut off all diplomatic communication except for climate change. 

But it is what it is. 

Yes I agree with completely that the last especially China should be considering check out these phots!

Pollution in Beijing, China’s  photos 2022, have you ever seen pollution like that!:w00t:

67AA78DF-69E8-482C-B29F-C6C57E1F16C0.png.caa02c8268dbb4337858947b730478ff.png

8B207735-E067-453A-9ABF-97482FD41BDF.thumb.jpeg.22fab433980e98567a31b9e874ace9ba.jpeg

DB03609D-0194-4DAD-9BCC-DFB9530BFF80.jpeg.1721982cf48ac25aed1aef7e51eb8376.jpeg

• Sad 2