Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese threat posed to Taiwan - China Suspends Diplomacy With The United States / NATO

Grim Reaper 6

Taiwan denies Chinese warship intrusion into its territorial waters 

Taipei, Aug. 7 (CNA) Taiwan's military on Sunday disputed Chinese state media reports saying that People's Liberation Army (PLA) warships had sailed into Taiwan's territorial waters, and urged Taiwanese not to fall for Beijing's disinformation campaigns.

In a statement, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) questioned a widely circulated photograph and related Chinese media reports that claimed a PLA A Type 052D destroyer Nanjing (南京艦) was found sailing near Ho-Ping Power Plant in eastern Hualien County. https://focustaiwan.tw/cross-strait/202208070012

Beijing ‘plans 48-hour blitz on Taiwan’

When China decides to take Taiwan by force, it will aim to do so in a lightning 48-hour offensive so the West has no time to respond, diplomatic sources have told. The Sunday Telegraph.Beijing has repeatedly threatened to take the self-ruled island territory, which it claims as its own.

Since Thursday, its armed forces have been holding unprecedented war games encircling the island. The drills were designed to show Beijing’s anger after Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Speaker of the US House of Representatives, became the most senior US visitor to the territory in 25 years. They are set to end today

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/beijing-plans-48-hour-blitz-on-taiwan-41894819.html

6 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Beijing ‘plans 48-hour blitz on Taiwan’

When China decides to take Taiwan by force, it will aim to do so in a lightning 48-hour offensive so the West has no time to respond, diplomatic sources have told. The Sunday Telegraph.Beijing has repeatedly threatened to take the self-ruled island territory, which it claims as its own.

Since Thursday, its armed forces have been holding unprecedented war games encircling the island. The drills were designed to show Beijing’s anger after Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Speaker of the US House of Representatives, became the most senior US visitor to the territory in 25 years. They are set to end today

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/beijing-plans-48-hour-blitz-on-taiwan-41894819.html

I’m sceptical as to how effective this blitz will be. A similar thing was said about Russia taking Ukraine, and we all know how that turned out. I doubt it will turn out how they want it to. A Western response would also be almost immediate, considering there are US forces nearby. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I’m sceptical as to how effective this blitz will be. A similar thing was said about Russia taking Ukraine, and we all know how that turned out. I doubt it will turn out how they want it to. A Western response would also be almost immediate, considering there are US forces nearby. 

I guess my question is where is the Western Response going to come from?

To me it seems that Chinas actions are to draw forces of of Europe, however consider this what China attacks Taiwan and nearly the same time Chinas JunkYard Dog North Korea attacks the South?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I guess my question is where is the Western Response going to come from?

To me it seems that Chinas actions are to draw forces of of Europe, however consider this what China attacks Taiwan and nearly the same time Chinas JunkYard Dog North Korea attacks the South?

I feel like we would get aid from Japan to help us with all of that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Tate sincerely this all do to the alliance formed between Russia and China. Russia invades the Ukraine and China gos after Taiwan! It just like WWII one Nation fights in Europe the other in Asia!

Yes, I can see that too.

• Like 1

es I agree with completely that the last especially China should be considering check out these phots!

Pollution in Beijing, China’s  photos 2022, have you ever seen pollution like that!

I was in Beijing and Shanghai way back in 1995 on a company visit trying to qualify a supplier.  It was bad then but not like now.  People hawking and spitting all around.  Small shops with coal braziers for heat and open doors for ventilation.  I took one internal flight which was not confidence inspiring.  When the accountants left and I was on my own, I took the train  down to Canton and Hong Kong.  It was educational and I got to talk to some very nice Chinese, a good decision.  One thing I noticed about the countryside was that at night it was almost totally dark.  In the daytime we passed villages all made of local materials which varied in color as the soil changed from region to region.   The train was pulled by a steam engine, very clean and modern.  A treat for an engineer to see.

They have come a long way since I saw men making gravel on a roadbed with a line of sledgehammers followed by a couple of lines of people with 3 pound hammers. It is an efficient way to do it when you have a lot of manpower and no heavy equipment.  

They have come a long way but they paid a price for that too, and its always the people on the bottom who carry the heaviest load.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

What most people fail to realize is the Speaker of Houses visit is not to blame for the current situation at all!

BINGO!

China has been talking about this and preparing for this for a number of years.  As the situation on the mainland grows restive, leaders look for glory and validation.  Taking Hong Kong and potentially Taiwan will let the average Chinese person know there is no escape from the party.  "Resistance is futile"  is the message leaders want to transmit.

Say it our loud: "China will invade Taiwan because Nancy Pelosi went for a visit."   It sounds really stupid, doesn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Tate sincerely this all do to the alliance formed between Russia and China. Russia invades the Ukraine and China gos after Taiwan! It just like WWII one Nation fights in Europe the other in Asia!

It's scary the similarities between WW2 and what's happening now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

There are a lot of similarities for sure, I guess the old adage is coming true that when you forget what happened in the past history can repeat itself, :yes:

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

BINGO!

China has been talking about this and preparing for this for a number of years.  As the situation on the mainland grows restive, leaders look for glory and validation.  Taking Hong Kong and potentially Taiwan will let the average Chinese person know there is no escape from the party.  "Resistance is futile"  is the message leaders want to transmit.

Say it our loud: "China will invade Taiwan because Nancy Pelosi went for a visit."   It sounds really stupid, doesn't it?

It’s certainly very stupid, like I said previously this has been a plan between Russia and China going back a few years! The Pelosi visits is just icing on the cake whether she visited or not this was going to happen! I am certain our Government is aware of that, the only question now is WHATS NEXT.:)

Pesce Tate.:tu:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I'm reading One Second Later by William R.Fortstchen. Very scary.

I'm telling you, you don't want WW3 with China and Russia unless you are prepared for America to end up living off the grid.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Only_ said:

I'm reading One Second Later by William R.Fortstchen. Very scary.

I'm telling you, you don't want WW3 with China and Russia unless you are prepared for America to end up living off the grid.

Just to be clear - WW stands for "World" War, right?

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Just to be clear - WW stands for "World" War, right?

No.  WW stands for how a stuttering person says Volkswagen 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

There is no way that we are going to avoid World War 3, at this point. 

7 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, I can see that too.

Well I am including everyone in this post because a new development has occurred today and everyone included has commented to me personally about this situation. I have already said that the current situation with China's aggressive actions here in East Asia concerning Taiwan were related to Russias invasion of the Ukraine, which I believe are most likely also related to their recent alliance. Well now its become obvious to me that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad's firing of over 600 rockets at communities in Israel over the weekend may also be related.

Because Iran has been identified as being the responsible party for these attacks upon Israel and for directly supplying the munitions to the Islamic Jihad which were used to attack Israel. So it appears that the recent visit to Iran by President Vladimir Putin was much more than just a request for military aide. Since the recent attacks upon Israel by the Islamic Jihad started after President Putin's visit to Iran it appears to me that this is all related. Now please bear in my that I am only sharing my thoughts on this subject with you.

I have no proof that any of this is definitely true, my intention is not to frighten anyone or to cause anyone distress. I am only sharing what appears obvious to me, based upon my Military Experience where I was involved in War Planning in Division up to Army Corps headquarters both as a soldier and as a contractor. So the purpose of my comments here are designed to allow everyone to see my point of view so that they can understand what message I am conveying when I make certain statements.

This is intended to be helpful, and to give everyone the opportunity to consider things from a different point of view, hopefully if you have not given the possible connection of these Nations any consideration from this perceptive it will allow you to consider things in a manner that you may not have done before. Again please bear in mind that I have no proof of any of this, I am only conveying what I believe is possible. The decision to see things based upon my views is yours alone, I am only trying to be helpful by sharing what I believe is likely!

The reason I posted this because of the following information I found on this morning news, I tweeted this video so that I was able to also down load it here and my comments above are based upon this video in my tweet. I have also started a thread in the main forum based on the video and a accompanying source of information. So basically I have come to the conclusion I posted above after consideration of all the new information, please take the time to watch the video in my tweet, after you read this and watch the video please also give me your feedback whether positive or negative!:tu:

@Alchopwn @and-then Hey guys I am including you in this post because we have discussed this situation previously.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Thanks 1

I have no proof that any of this is definitely true, my intention is not to frighten anyone or to cause anyone distress.

It doesn't seem to be that far fetched.  I do not have your particular experience, but I haven't been asleep all my life either.  BTW I have almost a decade on you.

The world is in turmoil with the big powers facing off.   Russia is actively on the hunt, they are trying to take down Ukraine. When top predators hunt, a lot of smaller opportunists and scavengers gather to take advantage of the chaos.  Distraction creates opportunity for the lessor predators. I think that is what is happening,  Iran is one of those lessor predators trying to take advantage of the US Russia China face off.

Side note, Ukraine is turning out not to be  an impala, but a honey badger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

First let me say I could not agree with you more, however there are members of this forum who are Patriotic Chinese that take serious offense to any comments concerning China.Yesterday I  had someone give me a piece of their mind, they also told me that I was so indoctrinated by the American propaganda machine that my comments were an insult to commons senses! While In reality I don’t really don’t care about the insults, but I don’t want to create any drama or insult anyone to the point where the moderators must deal with the situation again!

I thought this was a US site?  We have freedom of speech here, don't we?  They might not be able to speak truth to power in Pooh-bear land without being put to death, but the USA doesn't have to kowtow to the Organ Harvesters or their pink bots.

Now with that out of the way the current situation is much worse than most People not living here in East Asias really know. What most people fail to realize is the Speaker of Houses visit is not to blame for the current situation at all! I having been waiting since the Russians invaded the Ukraine for the Chinese to begin acting aggressively and threatening to finally invade Taiwan! The first sign this was going to occur was when China and Russia began conducting training exercises together before the invasion of Ukraine!

Seriously though, what is Pooh going to do?  Their gear is trash. It was all obsolete before the parts went on the production line.  They have thousands of destroyers, so many they can't even find crews for them, and not one will last out a day when facing the US Navy.  Pooh may have a decent stockpile of missiles, but the new US anti-missile defenses are more than a match for them.  Then they have an army of little emperors who are the only sons of their families who don't want to sacrifice themselves for Pooh's hubris.  Just like Putin is proving to be a hollow drum that makes a lot of noise, so too Pooh.

So China continues to remain quite, well fast forward to May 2022 Russia is till unable to break the Stalemate, I suppose their alternate plan kicks in! So fast forward to today China is flexing their muscles and threatening Taiwan, threatening possible use of Nuclear Weapons and at anytime they may carry through, while that will take some pressure Russias, and also keep some pressure off China it still will not guaranty success! Yet China and Russia still have a hole card, North Korea. If it appears that both China and Russia are failing to achieve their objectives, North Korea could attack the South again however this time they will hit a brick wall, South Korea today has a smaller military force less artillery, however everything in all phases of the military depends upon this Training.

Pooh saw what happened to Russia with sanctions and to its hollowed out corrupt military when it had to fight a democracy, even a baby democracy with as many problems as Ukraine.  Pooh simply can't afford to be shut out of world markets, because it cannot feed itself, and it lacks many raw materials.  Trade has tied Pooh's hands and now all he can do is hoot from the tree line and launch missiles into the water.

As to North Korea...  It should be considered a war-crime to even undermaintain an army the way North Korea does.  What is going to happen when they send their conscripts, stunted from decades of malnutrition, into the field?  North Korean military defectors know damn well that the country they abandoned for its crimes stands no chance in actual battle, and is really stuffed shirts, silly hats, inhuman attitudes, and a stark terror of reality catching up with them.

16 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Now consider this for a moment because you may think I am crazy. If you look at the manufacturing base, raw materials, and manpower the  alliance between Russia and China have created by joining together its mind boggling! Because they have all the necessary resources located within their borders to supply a war effort, that could be self sufficient without imports.. Now, I can’t even think of another conflict where the countries that started a conflict had everything they need to continue the war effort without any importation. So flash back Russia invades the Ukraine, and at first China bids it’s time, but something occurs that neither of them could gave planned for or foreseen! The Ukrainians don’t collapse like the Crimea, and the Russians are unable to achieve their objectives!

Okay, the Russian economy is a joke.  It is three times the size of the Continental USA and has a big population, but it has a GNP under South Korea and Australia's.  Russia is hollowed out by corruption to a degree that will only become apparent when Putin is finally put out of office and the files are uncovered.

As to China and its much-vaunted economy.  The term you need to learn is "Tofu-dreg".  Chinese Communist engineering is bad.  Their quality control is bad.  Their design is bad.  Their research is bad.  All they can do is quantity...Bad quality quantity.  They are also heavily dependent on the Global Economy, so their little biological warfare experiment with releasing COVID-19 to cripple the global economy has backfired pretty badly on them.  Furthermore, they are now suffering an unprecedented run on their banks driven by the failure of their real-estate sector.  It would take only minor sanctions to utterly cripple China, and Russia, for all its resources, has developed next to none of its potential because "Annexia" doesn't develop what it occupies.

16 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

You know Al, I hope I am wrong that would not hurt feelings at all. Because everything I have envisioned has come to fruition I suppose I hope cooler heads prevail because there is nothing else we can do buddy!:tu:

Frankly the only thing that can bring down the USA would be a civil war.  That is what Putin was trying with Trump.  The fact that Putin and Xi jumped the gun and "got military" has blown the whistle on the totalitarian plans, and everyone knows what they are up to now.  I don't think any of the Communist countries has long to last in this recent sally into military adventurism.  It's beginning to look a lot like Faceplant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Declaring a territory as "yours" when the majority of people living there say "it isn't" is very common in many countries around the world even nowdays.  History is full of disputed lands conquered by one different ethnic group, race, religion...and then reconquered again by the same or other various groups etc. etc. 

When the same group of people fight over land belonging to the same nation we call it a civil war.  I believe Taiwan was part of China during their last civil war between Mao and Chiang Kai Shek when the latter, defeated, fled to Taiwan and set up his dictatorship. Taiwan is not considered a Sovereign nation because only a handfull out of 193 countries in the UN consider it so.  Over time, Taiwan has become a model of Democracy and it's people, mainly Chinese, would welcome being reunited with their Chinese brothers and sisters from the mainland but reject to do so under Communist rule.  That's the problem! Xi and the PRC have become even more politically aggressive lately and the Taiwanese have seen what happens when you let Communist rule in (Hong Kong). 

So the question is, should the US and allies intervene in a civil war and when I say intervene, I mean boots on ground, where it's not their business to do so?  Apart from a possible humanitarian issue where thousands of civilians get killed, it's all in the interpretation of the One China Principle.  The Chinese interpretation is very forceful and against the will of the Taiwanese people.  It's very undemocratic and against what the West (supposedly) stands for.  This is the danger western countries fear, having two powerful nations (Russia and China) pushing autocracy as a political means surrounding themselves with same politically minded allies, North Korea, Iran.... This would be a step back to the dark ages and while Govts and societies in the west are by no means morals of pristine cleanliness, there are freedoms (of opinion, press, choice) which are allowed and where people aren't thrown in jail or disappearing for expressing their ideas.  It would be a success for humanity to eliminate powerful autocratic dictatorships but how many would have to die to do so?  Maybe we should let their own people decide rather than intervene directly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes I agree with completely that the last especially China should be considering check out these phots!

Pollution in Beijing, China’s  photos 2022, have you ever seen pollution like that!:w00t:

67AA78DF-69E8-482C-B29F-C6C57E1F16C0.png.caa02c8268dbb4337858947b730478ff.png

8B207735-E067-453A-9ABF-97482FD41BDF.thumb.jpeg.22fab433980e98567a31b9e874ace9ba.jpeg

DB03609D-0194-4DAD-9BCC-DFB9530BFF80.jpeg.1721982cf48ac25aed1aef7e51eb8376.jpeg

As if they haven't seen these photos.  They made sure they looked after their environment months before the Beijing Olympics because it was putting at risk the Games which brought a lot of lucro to their coffers. 

It's a suicidal decision that the world has to live with because a bunch of self centred hypocrates with visions of grandeur at the CCP have decided what's best for them.  China 'contributes' a third to world CO2 pollutant emissions alone while does the bare minimum to achieve it's pledge towards targets in the Paris Agreement. 

If you add the US, India and Russia these 4 countries alone 'contribute' nearly 80% of the world's 32 billion CO2 emissions per annum. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

As if they haven't seen these photos.  They made sure they looked after their environment months before the Beijing Olympics because it was putting at risk the Games which brought a lot of lucro to their coffers. 

It's a suicidal decision that the world has to live with because a bunch of self centred hypocrates with visions of grandeur at the CCP have decided what's best for them.  China 'contributes' a third to world CO2 pollutant emissions alone while does the bare minimum to achieve it's pledge towards targets in the Paris Agreement. 

If you add the US, India and Russia these 4 countries alone 'contribute' nearly 80% of the world's 32 billion CO2 emissions per annum. 

Huh?  ScoMo caused the bushfires and Albo's gonna fix it.

:innocent:

Her visit just stirred the hornest nest, in a way it feels that usa wants Taiwan to fall so that America could become the leader in semiconductor place, this war would also leave China weakened. Ofcourse no doubt that Americans and allies would have to get involved at some phase of the conflict, but it could be timed perfectly so has to cause minimum damage to themselves, but maximum damage to both Taiwan and China. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yes your certainly right, it really unbelievable it in China my wife and I took a vacation to Beijing, China’s in 2016. While we were there we had two days when the Smog and Pollution moved in and it really sucked who the hell wants to go outside in that crap, so we stayed our hotel room and the hotel in general. Our room and the entire Hotel had a over pressure system where all air coming in was filtered down to two Microns, so inside you couldn't tell how bad the air was outside!

I also wish that countries would have done something much sooner, we are so very very close to the tipping point where there is no going back! Unfortunately most people in the global community have no idea how bad things really and its very vey easy to see it just takes the smallest amount of common sense. For Instance anyone can gain access to a Satellite that will allow you to view specific area on the Earth. I have been monitoring the North and South poles along with the Glacier since approximately 2014.

So my things bad and they are only getting worst!:tu:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I thought this was a US site?  We have freedom of speech here, don't we?  They might not be able to speak truth to power in Pooh-bear land without being put to death, but the USA doesn't have to kowtow to the Organ Harvesters or their pink bots

Well it takes all kinds my friend the individual in question is a rather likable fellow until someone mentions China and he loses his normal stoic behavior and changes into someone that only appears when those 4 letter are combined.:huh: I will not mention his name, however I would bet you both know him well, and that you like him because he is certainly not ignorant or foolish he is very smart guy!:)

Seriously though, what is Pooh going to do?  Their gear is trash. It was all obsolete before the parts went on the production line.  They have thousands of destroyers, so many they can't even find crews for them, and not one will last out a day when facing the US Navy.  Pooh may have a decent stockpile of missiles, but the new US anti-missile defenses are more than a match for them.  Then they have an army of little emperors who are the only sons of their families who don't want to sacrifice themselves for Pooh's hubris.  Just like Putin is proving to be a hollow drum that makes a lot of noise, so too Pooh

I certainly agree with you, its really not a question though of who will be victorious in the end to me that is already preordained. To me the question is how many innocent people will die in the process, because in any conflict the Civilian  population always suffers the most and that's one thing that bothers me nothing!

Pooh saw what happened to Russia with sanctions and to its hollowed out corrupt military when it had to fight a democracy, even a baby democracy with as many problems as Ukraine.  Pooh simply can't afford to be shut out of world markets, because it cannot feed itself, and it lacks many raw materials.  Trade has tied Pooh's hands and now all he can do is hoot from the tree line and launch missiles into the water.

Yea Kimmy is certainly a character that apparently only Donald Trump could love!:lol:

6p9v43.jpg

As to North Korea...  It should be considered a war-crime to even undermaintain an army the way North Korea does.  What is going to happen when they send their conscripts, stunted from decades of malnutrition, into the field?  North Korean military defectors know damn well that the country they abandoned for its crimes stands no chance in actual battle, and is really stuffed shirts, silly hats, inhuman attitudes, and a stark terror of reality catching up with them.

Yea your certainly right, somewhere between 2017-2019 a North Korean soldier who worked Panmunjeom the  peace village on the DMZ where all talks take place defected and ran across to the South Korean side, Well the North Koreans opened fire with AK47s Full Auto and he made it however he wounded and required immediate Surgery! A piece of one the bullets had punctured his large intestine and the Doctors had to open it to get the fragment out, Well what they found was crazy, not only had the guy been shot he was also literally full of worms, the doctors said they had never seen anything like it. Anyway they fixed his bullet wounds and actually ifx the issue with worms and the guy is living somewhere in South Korea to day!!

North Korean defector had 'enormous amount' of parasitic worms in body: North Korea: Defecting soldier had 11-inch worm in intestines (usatoday.com)

A North Korean soldier who was shot five times and seriously wounded while defecting had "an enormous number" of parasitic worms in his body, said a medic who operated on him, according to media reports Friday.

South Korean doctor Lee Cook-jong told reporters that an 11-inch worm was the longest parasite removed from the soldier’s intestines, 

Okay, the Russian economy is a joke.  It is three times the size of the Continental USA and has a big population, but it has a GNP under South Korea and Australia's.  Russia is hollowed out by corruption to a degree that will only become apparent when Putin is finally put out of office and the files are uncovered.

As to China and its much-vaunted economy.  The term you need to learn is "Tofu-dreg".  Chinese Communist engineering is bad.  Their quality control is bad.  Their design is bad.  Their research is bad.  All they can do is quantity...Bad quality quantity.  They are also heavily dependent on the Global Economy, so their little biological warfare experiment with releasing COVID-19 to cripple the global economy has backfired pretty badly on them.  Furthermore, they are now suffering an unprecedented run on their banks driven by the failure of their real-estate sector.  It would take only minor sanctions to utterly cripple China, and Russia, for all its resources, has developed next to none of its potential because "Annexia" doesn't develop what it occupies.

Frankly the only thing that can bring down the USA would be a civil war.  That is what Putin was trying with Trump.  The fact that Putin and Xi jumped the gun and "got military" has blown the whistle on the totalitarian plans, and everyone knows what they are up to now.  I don't think any of the Communist countries has long to last in this recent sally into military adventurism.  It's beginning to look a lot like Faceplant.

I totally agree that's the only thing can completely take down the USA I am tired of all the BS I don't what to say, but its no longer the country I grew up um I only hope somehow thing work out!:tu:

22 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

North Korean defector had 'enormous amount' of parasitic worms in body: North Korea: Defecting soldier had 11-inch worm in intestines (usatoday.com)

A North Korean soldier who was shot five times and seriously wounded while defecting had "an enormous number" of parasitic worms in his body, said a medic who operated on him, according to media reports Friday.

South Korean doctor Lee Cook-jong told reporters that an 11-inch worm was the longest parasite removed from the soldier’s intestines, 

:tu:

This alone was "worth the price of admission" Grim Reaper 6.  That is both totally disgusting and totally hilarious, and also very sad indeed.  My only regret is that I have but one like to give.

• Thanks 1