Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Volodymyr Zelensky Asks Xi Jinping for Talks, Invites China to Rebuild Ukraine

el midgetron

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the South China Morning Post on Thursday that he would like to discuss his country’s war against Russia with the leader of Russia’s closest ally, Xi Jinping, “directly,” and invited China to help rebuild Ukraine once the war is over.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/08/05/volodymyr-zelensky-asks-xi-jinping-for-talks-invites-china-to-rebuild-ukraine/

So after the US bankrolls Ukraine’s war, Zelensky wants us to pay China to rebuild Ukraine? 

Edited by el midgetron
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, el midgetron said:

So after the US bankrolls Ukraine’s war, Zelensky wants us to pay China to rebuild Ukraine? 

Breitbart is an Extreme Right Wing US publication.  It's factual value is toilet paper.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

No matter how much truth there is in that article, I think Zelensky talking to Xi Jinping would be a good thing. Maybe, it won't make any difference, maybe China will continue to give the same support to Russia anyway. On the other hand, maybe it might make a difference, especially if Zelensky points out the economical opportunities for China in Ukraine after the war. It is always better to talk than not to talk.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Anyone else think that Winnie the Pooh is rubbing his paws going “precisely as planned”?

I suspect it is the last thing on Pooh bear's tiny mind presently.  He has about 50 day before China's economy faceplants catastrophically and dies, and he winds up chucked out of office.  If anyone is rubbing his hands it is Hypno-Toad (Jiang Zemin).  I'd say there's about a 15% chance of Civil War.  Pooh is, after all, a bear of very little brain.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Breitbart is an Extreme Right Wing US publication.  It's factual value is toilet paper.

Here's the real article... (paywalled)

Ukraine is seeking an opportunity to speak “directly” with China about its ongoing war with Russia, President Volodymyr Zelensky has said, noting that his country had consistently sought close ties with Beijing in the years preceding the conflict.

In an exclusive interview with the Post, the Ukrainian leader urged the Asian superpower to use its outsize political and economic influence over Russia to bring the fighting to a stop.

South China Morning Post

Here's the story from Time magazine....

https://time.com/6203530/zelensky-xi-talks/

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

In an exclusive interview with the Post, the Ukrainian leader urged the Asian superpower to use its outsize political and economic influence over Russia to bring the fighting to a stop.

I can see Zelensky doing something else entirely with this move.  The potential money to be made in the rebuilding effort will be large, and by offering China a slice of the pie, Zelensky is hoping to play wedge politics between China and Russia, by making China want a Ukrainian victory, while a Russian victory becomes a booby prize.  It may also serve as a carrot to encourage China to keep to sanctions against Russia while the USA holds the stick of sanctions against China if they break faith.  Of course, China is in diabolical domestic economic straits right now...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I would advise against using your smart phone or tablet as toilet paper. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/zelenskiy-seeking-direct-talks-with-chinas-xi-help-end-ukraine-war-scmp-2022-08-03/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I can see Zelensky doing something else entirely with this move.  The potential money to be made in the rebuilding effort will be large, and by offering China a slice of the pie, Zelensky is hoping to play wedge politics between China and Russia, by making China want a Ukrainian victory, while a Russian victory becomes a booby prize.  It may also serve as a carrot to encourage China to keep to sanctions against Russia while the USA holds the stick of sanctions against China if they break faith.  Of course, China is in diabolical domestic economic straits right now...

You sound like an member of the “extreme-right” reciting something you read on Breitbart. 

• Like 1

Eh. I mean China was Ukraines primary trading partner for a few years before the invasion. 

I dont blame Zelensky for trying to get support to protect his nation from the invaders.

China is also the US primary trading partner. So like, I don't see how we would have room to be mad about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Breitbart almost always supplies links to other publications to validate the articles they post.

And this case wasn't any different.

The first thing to do with a questionable article is to see if there is any supporting evidence in the article itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Eh. I mean China was Ukraines primary trading partner for a few years before the invasion. 

I dont blame Zelensky for trying to get support to protect his nation from the invaders.

China is also the US primary trading partner. So like, I don't see how we would have room to be mad about it.

Well maybe Kyiv should get China to pay for it then? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, el midgetron said:

I would advise against using your smart phone or tablet as toilet paper. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/zelenskiy-seeking-direct-talks-with-chinas-xi-help-end-ukraine-war-scmp-2022-08-03/

So this link said Zelensky asked for Chinas help in ending the war.  Do you think this link supports the title of your thread?

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Well maybe Kyiv should get China to pay for it then? 

Would be nice. The problem is China isn't the nation next threatened by Russia if Ukraine falls. Its in Europe's interest for there to be a free Russia. And the US and Europe typically stick together 

Edited by spartan max2

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

So this link said Zelensky asked for Chinas help in ending the war.  Do you think this link supports the title of your thread?

Thats not link in the op. I used the title from the link in the op. Certainly you could have figured that one out on your own. If you have a grievance with the title take it to the mods, 

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Would be nice. The problem is China isn't the nation next threatened by Russia if Ukraine falls. Its in Europe's interest for there to be a free Russia. And the US and Europe typically stick together 

I’m don’t follow what you mean. 

Just now, el midgetron said:

I’m don’t follow what you mean. 

My point was that China has little reason to give Ukraine weapons. I thought that's what your post was referring to with the "maybe Kyvie should get China to pay for it." But perhaps I misunderstood. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Thats not link in the op. I used the title from the link in the op. Certainly you could have figured that one out on your own. If you have a grievance with the title take it to the mods, 

Even your Breitbart article doesn't support the title of the thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Even your Breitbart article doesn't support the title of the thread.

Title of the thread -

98D41F4B-0BB1-43DA-AD82-4774E1C8B6EC.thumb.jpeg.aba4ed5dd1715a7547d0087e4b23fe04.jpeg

Title of the article linked to in the OP -

B16E15DF-53C0-4102-8351-B614F578CBD6.thumb.jpeg.ddb6d63700924a47330f8ba72aa02399.jpeg

Take your grievances to the mods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

My point was that China has little reason to give Ukraine weapons. I thought that's what your post was referring to with the "maybe Kyvie should get China to pay for it." But perhaps I misunderstood. 

No, sorry. I was referring to the anticipated rebuilding of Ukraine, which Zelensky is discussing with China, I anticipate the US will flip a significant portion of the bill for Ukraine’s rebuilding. This is why having China help rebuild Ukraine seems ill fated to me. I get Zelensky trying to alienate Russia by snuggling up to China but in the long run I don’t see Ukraine as turning the tide on China/Russia relations, 

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

No, sorry. I was referring to the anticipated rebuilding of Ukraine, which Zelensky is discussing with China, I anticipate the US will flip a significant portion of the bill for Ukraine’s rebuilding. This is why having China help rebuild Ukraine seems ill fated to me. I get Zelensky trying to alienate Russia by snuggling up to China but in the long run I don’t see Ukraine as turning the tide on China/Russia relations, 

A lotta times the way we roll is for the  government to give as big a chunk as they can to American companies to do the work, and we design our aid to take advantage of that.  We can pay John Deere and other implement companies  2 billion dollars to replace Ukrainian farm equipment, another billion to American seed companies to replace seed stock.  That way we get credit for giving Ukraine 3 billion in farm aid, and a lot of that stays in our economy.

China's incentive to help is belt and road.  They "loan" a country the money  to do the improvements.  They know the same trick we do, as much raw material and Chinese labor as possible.  Then they get a port on the Black Sea for example and the rail line that connects to China.

• Like 1

It can't be denied that China is part of the whole world.

The OBOR deal was struck more than a year ago to create infrastructure. 

China is generally protective of their infrastructure. 

If the war went ahead, maybe the infrastructure wasn't there innthe first place.

Isn't the real issue asking the whole world to assist creating OBOR infrastructure? 

When does China want the war to stop?

On 8/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, el midgetron said:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the South China Morning Post on Thursday that he would like to discuss his country’s war against Russia with the leader of Russia’s closest ally, Xi Jinping, “directly,” and invited China to help rebuild Ukraine once the war is over.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/08/05/volodymyr-zelensky-asks-xi-jinping-for-talks-invites-china-to-rebuild-ukraine/

I think Zelensky talking with China is nothing but good.

Ukraine owes the USA allot at this point though, so I hope the opportunities are spread this way.

• Like 3

It won't work, because the of the Communist Party's conspiracy against the West. They have no incentive to help Ukraine, so long as Putin is in power.

"It's a beautiful sight... "

- Prancy Nancy 

~