Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli strikes on Gaza kill 10 amid soaring tensions with Palestinian militants

Grim Reaper 6

Israel has carried out its first airstrikes on the Gaza Strip in months in response to a rocket fired from the Palestinian enclave as tensions soared after a weekend of violence around a Jerusalem holy site. Warning sirens sounded in southern Israel on Monday night after the rocket was fired from the enclave controlled by the Islamist group Hamas, the first such incident since early January. 

No faction in the enclave of 2.3 million inhabitants immediately claimed responsibility for the rocket strike. Israel holds Hamas responsible for all rocket fire from Gaza, and usually carries out airstrikes in response.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/19/israel-strikes-gaza-after-rocket-attack-as-jerusalem-tensions-soar

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62440155

The LA Times refers to "a rocket".  This from BBC:

Israel's PM said the operation followed "an immediate threat" by Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) after the arrest of one of its members early this week.

The PIJ fired more than 100 rockets into Israel "in an initial response".

Most were intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome missile defence shield. Sirens were heard in a number of Israeli cities.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and-then said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62440155

The LA Times refers to "a rocket".  This from BBC:

Israel's PM said the operation followed "an immediate threat" by Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) after the arrest of one of its members early this week.

The PIJ fired more than 100 rockets into Israel "in an initial response".

Most were intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome missile defence shield. Sirens were heard in a number of Israeli cities.

I am glad they were intercepted, the Iron Dome Missile defense System is great, but no system is perfect so sadly some of those rockets got through. But, the Palestinians Civilians who committed no crime are those who suffer the most. This is why the hatred on both sides will never stop and the Islamic Jehad will continue to use civilian areas to fire their missiles from. Because they known that the Israeli counter battery fire will kill civilians and when the counter battery fire occurs the Islamic Jehad will be gone and Civilian will die and this will give the Islamic Jehad more recruits even though they are responsible for the events that occurred in the first PLACE!:no:

• Like 2

I have compassion for the suffering of Palestinians who have grown up brainwashed in hatred for Jews but it does not extend to expecting Jews to die to protect them.  Ultimately, Israel helps them as best it can and the leaders of PIJ, Hamas and others use them as pawns.  They especially benefit from what Alan Dershowitz has called the "dead baby strategy" :(   The same day Palestinians actually become ready to coexist in that land, they will have peace.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, and-then said:

I have compassion for the suffering of Palestinians who have grown up brainwashed in hatred for Jews but it does not extend to expecting Jews to die to protect the them. Ultimately, Israel helps them as best it can and the leaders of PIJ, Hamas and others use them as pawns.  They especially benefit from what Alan Dershowitz has called the "dead baby strategy" :(   The same day Palestinians actually become ready to coexist in that land, they will have peace.

In reality its not only the Palestinians who grow up brainwashed the Jewish kids also grow up the same way. This hate is perpetuated on both sides so I can have sympathy when it comes the children of either side. Please don't take this the wrong way and get mad at me because I am enjoying our conversations. Until both sides realize that their actions are part of the problem and admit they have made mistakes no progress can be made, the only way this will ever end is for both sides truly want peace and nothing else. Israelis must somehow convince the Palestinian people that peace is possible if they are will to build a resistance that will pass information to the Israelis to root out the dam terrorists.

Anyway, hopefully someday cooler heads will prevail, until then my heart goes out to the Children on both sides because no child should have to grow in fear, that's the most terrible thing I can think of and have seen first hand in countries arounds around! That is what caused my PTSD, I could deal with killing an enemy with no problem, however, when walking through areas where fighting had taken place and seeing dead enemies I had no problem no matter how bad it looked. Yet when I turn a corner and find a dead child, dead women, or most traumatic of all a dead mother will her baby dead in her arms man all of that I cant handle. So when I see the fighting in the Middle East, Ukraine or the conflicts occurring here in Asia I know that same thing is occurring. Because when indiscriminate rocket and Artillery attacks occur like they are currently occurring around the world right now, these terrible events are also occurring.

While the media doesn't really discuss or show it like they once did it is still happening over and over again daily and no matter whose people are being killed whether friendly or what we call enemies dead women and child certainly only support the most evil of causes. Its always a absolutely a horrible travesty yet its also intentionally hidden form the global community, its the ONE THING the media always fails to report or show photos of have you ever wonder why?

I sure you remember the Vietnam War, I remember watching the news ands seeing dead, and wounded women and children laying in the streets or on the ground in villages. Well the United States Government found out the hard way that the American people will not stand for it. In fact our people will become up in arms after witnessing such horrible things on TV and more than anything else in our country this exact situation is what caused the Anti-War movements across our country and its also why when returning Veterans came home they were called Baby Killers.

So now the video footage released to the public has those scenes edited out, because our Government and other countries around the world that are democracies like ours certainly do not what to repeat the mistakes America made during the Vietnam war!

Sorry for being long winded, again please don't take any offense to my comments above!:tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I have compassion for the suffering of Palestinians who have grown up brainwashed in hatred for Jews but it does not extend to expecting Jews to die to protect them.  Ultimately, Israel helps them as best it can and the leaders of PIJ, Hamas and others use them as pawns.  They especially benefit from what Alan Dershowitz has called the "dead baby strategy" :(   The same day Palestinians actually become ready to coexist in that land, they will have peace.

General Eric Shinseki Challenge Coin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1