Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Traumatised' Teesside family claims paranormal activity forced them to flee home

rashore

A petrified family on Teesside claim they had to flee their home in the middle of the night following a series of paranormal activity.

Lauren Roth began renting a house in Trimdon Avenue, Acklam, last November but soon noticed abnormal things happening. 

This included Ms Roth getting bruises "out of nowhere," lights turning on and off and her son screaming in the middle of the night. 

The aesthetics practitioner and her husband Stephen, along with their two children Arabella and Caleb lasted seven months before being driven out.

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2022-07-28/paranormal-activity-makes-traumatised-family-flee-home-at-night

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many times such cases are behind on rent or want to break contracts etc and use the unprovable excuse of hauntings,

I will guarantee that the landlord and new renters will find zero paranormal or at least zero padt stories if they have angendas.

It is claimed the lights turned off again and when paranormal investigators said, "if you want us to go and leave this property now, turn the light on" - they did.

I bet you a Coke they cant get that to happen under controlled conditions or in any way prove that claim.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Papameter Reading

70% Paranormal  15% Natural   15% Hoax

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Many times such cases are behind on rent or want to break contracts etc and use the unprovable excuse of hauntings,

I will guarantee that the landlord and new renters will find zero paranormal or at least zero padt stories if they have angendas.

I bet you a Coke they cant get that to happen under controlled conditions or in any way prove that claim.

How do you explain the strange events  with the kids? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Night terrors and sleep walking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

First we can look at this....

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Night terrors and sleep walking?

Then i will add my babblings, kids are credulous and can and do make up stuff, hurt themselves and do not know how or wont admit how in some horrible situations kids are abused and things made up stories to cope, ever see the film "suckerpunch" ?

Thing is i dont have to explain how that happened to the kids because of countless such claims not once was it oroven to be paranormal not once.

You explain to me why the alleged paranormal investigators do not have evidence to back up their claims and please dont say, it doesnt work like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

...it doesnt work like that.

Well, it doesn't.

Why should the extreme paranormal act like YOU (or I) think it should?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

Well, it doesn't.

Why should the extreme paranormal act like YOU (or I) think it should?

If people make claims about anything they want to sell as fact should be able to prove such claims or they are just stories excuses of proof are cop outs.

Can you prove that paranormal much less "extreme paranormal" exists no, you cant so its just your opinion. That you wuestion how it would or wouldnt act.

There are countless stories and claims of paranormal yet zero supportive evidence where there should be masses of evidence if of course paranormal existed in this case spookies and hauntings and nothing just excuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

They had only been in the house for about 7 months, so the boy could have been experiencing nightmares or terrors as a result of the move. Moving can be a frightening and stressful experience for children. The little girl could easily have scratched herself and dreamed about seeing the cat. It could also be a story to cover up abuse, explain away bruising and scratches, and children screaming in the middle of the night, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

They had only been in the house for about 7 months, so the boy could have been experiencing nightmares or terrors as a result of the move. Moving can be a frightening and stressful experience for children. The little girl could easily have scratched herself and dreamed about seeing the cat. It could also be a story to cover up abuse, explain away bruising and scratches, and children screaming in the middle of the night, and so on.

Im not saying its the only explanations for all such claims as the OT but it does cover most that and financial issues.

I recall an old bigfoot tale where they make it sound like a family fled their home do to seeing BF once but further research reveled not surprisingly that the family owed and would soon be evicted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be good to have had a medical opinion on people's bruises. It's an interesting case, overall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This reminds me of the Snedecker family that was also not paying rent. In that case there was an upstairs tenant that saw nothing at all.

• Like 1

Whether you think the paranormal is real or not, if these people are not lying they were psychologically traumatized. More likely this would happen to an individual but a close family would feed off each other's fear and it would build. As you know I do believe in this stuff from personal experience and if you weren't there it's impossible to know what really happened.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, the13bats said:

I'll bet you my farm you can't prove it didn't happen as said, bats, lol.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, openozy said:

Whether you think the paranormal is real or not, if these people are not lying they were psychologically traumatized. More likely this would happen to an individual but a close family would feed off each other's fear and it would build. As you know I do believe in this stuff from personal experience and if you weren't there it's impossible to know what really happened.

They claim to have been living with this for roughly seven months yet have no evidence other than I picture of bruising.  

And yes, a family will feed off each other's paranoia. All it takes is someone to plant the seed, and you'll have the entire family attributing everything that happens to the paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

They claim to have been living with this for roughly seven months yet have no evidence other than I picture of bruising.  

And yes, a family will feed off each other's paranoia. All it takes is someone to plant the seed, and you'll have the entire family attributing everything that happens to the paranormal.

That's pretty well what I said. What other evidence would there be, a paranormal entity in a jar? lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, openozy said:

That's pretty well what I said. What other evidence would there be, a paranormal entity in a jar? lol.

Well a video of the lights turning on and off would be a start or things being thrown down the stairs.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Well a video of the lights turning on and off would be a start or things being thrown down the stairs.  

And even if presented with that, it would be explained as mundane, although not proven to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

And even if presented with that, it would be explained as mundane, although not proven to be.

Well as we were given nothing what can we say?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

Well as we were given nothing what can we say?

Nothing really and we don't know if they are truthful. I feel for them if they are genuine. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, openozy said:

I'll bet you my farm you can't prove it didn't happen as said, bats, lol.

I dont have to prove a charlatans claims they have to prove themselves or be all buttchapped all they got is a bs story.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:27 AM, openozy said:

if you weren't there it's impossible to know what really happened.

And i dont care since like all these type claims all they have is a story it shouldnt matter what i think but it always does.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:20 AM, TashaMarie said:

This is very common some people are eady to lead into believing anothers make believe and delusions.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:32 AM, TashaMarie said:

If under correct controlled conditions we do have lots of such videos on youtube but they are worthless because they have no control a ball rolling down stairs a light turning off even if on video doesnt make the source paranormal.

Never once has paranormal been proven to be a source.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:04 AM, openozy said:

Of course it would be, but if the claims could be supported as in the light turns off and on each time its told to and there is an electrician to be sure its not a trick then it would need further study but that type thing isnt provided only excuses.

On 8/13/2022 at 6:41 AM, openozy said:

Nothing really and we don't know if they are truthful. I feel for them if they are genuine. 

I feel for them up to a point either way starting with they either do believe it or had to make it up as an excuse to move that sad and as posted before i hope its not to cover abuse.

If they truly believe its paranormal i feel really badly for them and hope they seek the help and care they need.

If they are making it up for attention and gain and or to cover up then no, i dont feel badly, i feel for the victims.

Thing is we will never know.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

all they got is a bs story.

It could be bs but you really don't know that.

And i dont care since like all these type claims all they have is a story

Well why comment on it?

If they truly believe its paranormal i feel really badly for them and hope they seek the help and care they need.

You are such a caring soul, lol.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, openozy said:

It could be bs but you really don't know that.

Well why comment on it?

You are such a caring soul, lol.

Until proven it is a story if a false story its BS and in this case i think it is BS but if they prove to me a spooky was to blame ill admit i was wrong.

I comment on things here mostly out of bordom and burning off nervious engery i worked a hard weekend so exhausted and have to get the stupid car to tge stupid dealer soon.

I do care about some things very much and some stuff not so much, im rather cynical and jaded and get more so daily.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I do care about some things very much and some stuff not so much

I personally don't care if they were dragged through the gates of hell but that's another story.

• Like 1