Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN declares war on Conspiracy Theories

OpenMindedSceptic

In possibly one of the oddest outbursts from the UN, they have declared that the world is not secretly manipulated by the Global Elite and that YOU have to act when you see a conspiracy theory.

Oh and all governments are honest...

I don't even know where to begin with this. Even the declaration sounds like a conspiracy theory.

https://magspress.com/un-declares-war-on-dangerous-conspiracy-theories-the-world-is-not-secretly-manipulated-by-global-elite/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

If the UN truly declared this then they have just made themselves a laughing stock.

• Like 4

There are conspiracies.  Theorizing that they exist leads to exposing them.  I love the bit about how the world is not being manipulated by a global elite :lol:.  Bilderberg group?  Ever heard of them UN?  Is that not a group of the worlds super rich and powerful that hold an annual meeting the contents of which are secret but it can be safely assumed it has to do with the manipulation of markets, currencies and nations?

• Like 4

Not saying all conspiracy theories are correct or even based on any grain of truth, but, especially in the last couple of years, some of these theories have been plausible if not very close to being spot on.  The powers that be have an agenda, IMO, not sure exactly what it is, but, nothing would surprise me anymore

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

There are conspiracies.

Yes, there are millions of them. Two or more people secretly agreeing to commit fraud or a crime. But they are all globally insignificant. A conspiracy on a global scale is impossible, because people are lousy at keeping secrets, and such a huge conspiracy would involve thousands of people.

Bilderberg group?  Ever heard of them UN?  Is that not a group of the worlds super rich and powerful that hold an annual meeting the contents of which are secret but it can be safely assumed it has to do with the manipulation of markets, currencies and nations?

Their meetings are no secret. Like-minded people always get together. It's human nature to want to be around people that resemble yourself.
Many of them are celebrities, and know that everything they say could end up as a headline in a newspaper. So to be able to speak freely, conversation secrecy is necessary.
Many of them are competitors, so it would be safe to assume that they are not discussing business strategies or product ideas.
They are just a bunch of 1%'ers enjoying each others company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Yes, there are millions of them. Two or more people secretly agreeing to commit fraud or a crime. But they are all globally insignificant. A conspiracy on a global scale is impossible, because people are lousy at keeping secrets, and such a huge conspiracy would involve thousands of people.

Their meetings are no secret. Like-minded people always get together. It's human nature to want to be around people that resemble yourself.
Many of them are celebrities, and know that everything they say could end up as a headline in a newspaper. So to be able to speak freely, conversation secrecy is necessary.
Many of them are competitors, so it would be safe to assume that they are not discussing business strategies or product ideas.
They are just a bunch of 1%'ers enjoying each others company.

So there are no significant conspiracies eh?  Alrighty.  That's ridiculous.

• Like 6

What if the UN felt it's power was under fire because another world wide power was trying to take over and they released this to MAKE us question everything they just denied :P

• Haha 1

@zep73 Have you ever read the novel Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, by John Perkins?  It's the story of how the USA acting on behalf of big oil indebted small countries in perpetuity for reasons such as paying criminally small amounts for the energy rights of those countries and to leverage their debt to force those countries to vote in the UN however the USA wanted them to.  He wrote the novel many decades ago and finally published it when they stopped paying him not to.  It's a very interesting read I recommend it if you can question what you believe about conspiracies on a global level.  The only thing I would caution about the book is that the author portrays himself as a hero but is in actuality a sociopath that worked for the CIA in a role that a normal person with a conscience would refuse to participate in IMO.   After you read it you can recognize when it's happening in our era today.  Currently China is doing a very similar thing all over Asia and Africa.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK sure, and everyone *knows* jet fuel alone can completely pulverize not just two but three skyscrapers, or when physics somehow magically takes a holiday.  Well congratulations to one of the bigger loads  ever blown out of a collective (UN) butt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would say 98% of modern day governments in the world are compromised due to special interest in one shape or another.

There is no regulation in free markets to how much money an entity can make, how that money then influences political power, and how that shapes the lives of the free and common people across the world. 

So absolutely they don't want us to turn wise, organize and balance it out a bit.

• Like 3

So there are no significant conspiracies eh?  Alrighty.  That's ridiculous.

What separates a conspiracy from a business strategy?  I'm not going for cute here, but a lot of business plans are heartless, borderline illegal, designed to benefit a specific few, and might not work if everybody knows about them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What separates a conspiracy from a business strategy?  I'm not going for cute here, but a lot of business plans are heartless, borderline illegal, designed to benefit a specific few, and might not work if everybody knows about them.

If you have to keep what you're doing a secret then there is no difference.  Obviously some people know, most people do not because....mobs and guillotines.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Plunkenstein said:

OK sure, and everyone *knows* jet fuel alone can completely pulverize not just two but three skyscrapers, or when physics somehow magically takes a holiday.  Well congratulations to one of the bigger loads  ever blown out of a collective (UN) butt.

It wasn't jet fuel, but physics. Do you need an explanation of the physics, or is your physics understanding on a holiday?
They actually made computer simulations of both the impact and the collapses, that take account of every Newtonian detail in the chain of events.

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I thought about your question again. When government forces, including assassins get involved is it really just a business strategy? Since when does the government get involved in business strategy aside from trade agreements?  Is there any way this type of behavior would pass a congressional vote? That’s got to be one of them there shadow government conspiracies don’t you think? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I thought about your question again. When government forces, including assassins get involved is it really just a business strategy? Since when does the government get involved in business strategy aside from trade agreements?  Is there any way this type of behavior would pass a congressional vote? That’s got to be one of them there shadow government conspiracies don’t you think? 

Good thought.  Where do we stick cartels, mafia, and various crime syndicates?  Plus where do we put government organizations that behave like organized crime?  I'd be willing to bet even Congress and the Executive Branch don't know all that government agents are doing.  Remember Oliver North and his version of the triangle trade only with guns and drugs?  I'd be willing to bet he was not the first or last.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

If you have to keep what you're doing a secret then there is no difference.  Obviously some people know, most people do not because....mobs and guillotines.

Was it kept a secret or did he just not say anything? You're assuming a lot.

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Good thought.  Where do we stick cartels, mafia, and various crime syndicates?  Plus where do we put government organizations that behave like organized crime?  I'd be willing to bet even Congress and the Executive Branch don't know all that government agents are doing.  Remember Oliver North and his version of the triangle trade only with guns and drugs?  I'd be willing to bet he was not the first or last.

Who doesn’t believe that the CIA wasn’t involved in heroine during the Vietnam war and possibly after? When you have a resource like that funding projects/programs why put them on the books? If you can convince yourself it’s patriotic who knows how far someone will go with clear conscience?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Who doesn’t believe that the CIA wasn’t involved in heroine during the Vietnam war and possibly after? When you have a resource like that funding projects/programs why put them on the books? If you can convince yourself it’s patriotic who knows how far someone will go with clear conscience?

I knew a guy who swore that the CIA did experimental drug trials on him and others in the Vietnam War.  He was one messed up dude, something definitely happened to him, whether it was the US Gov't or not we will never know.  He committed suicide years ago

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, OverSword said:

@zep73 Have you ever read the novel Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, by John Perkins?  It's the story of how the USA acting on behalf of big oil indebted small countries in perpetuity for reasons such as paying criminally small amounts for the energy rights of those countries and to leverage their debt to force those countries to vote in the UN however the USA wanted them to.  He wrote the novel many decades ago and finally published it when they stopped paying him not to.  It's a very interesting read I recommend it if you can question what you believe about conspiracies on a global level.  The only thing I would caution about the book is that the author portrays himself as a hero but is in actuality a sociopath that worked for the CIA in a role that a normal person with a conscience would refuse to participate in IMO.   After you read it you can recognize when it's happening in our era today.  Currently China is doing a very similar thing all over Asia and Africa.

Does that qualify as a global conspiracy really?

Sounds more like yet another economic superpower exploiting it's position. No different to colonial powers a few hundred years ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

People believe conspiracies because it's easier than accepting the terrifying reality that our countries are actually run by incompetent idiots who really have little control over anything at all.   Oh, and that **** really does just happen - for no reason at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I knew a guy who swore that the CIA did experimental drug trials on him and others in the Vietnam War.  He was one messed up dude, something definitely happened to him, whether it was the US Gov't or not we will never know.  He committed suicide years ago

I knew a guy in the early 80's that was in the navy during the Vietnam era who claimed that he served on a ship that three separate times went on "we will deny your existence" missions off the coasts of Ecuador and Columbia where they would get upwind of civilian fishing fleets and release nerve gas.  He was also a very messed up guy.  Don't know if he was telling the truth but he seemed really angry about it when he disclosed it to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Does that qualify as a global conspiracy really?

Sounds more like yet another economic superpower exploiting it's position. No different to colonial powers a few hundred years ago.

Really?  The assassination of uncooperative leaders of UN member nations seems like an economic superpower doing what they do so no biggie, eh? :gun:  And I suppose this behavior was all over the BBC at the time and shoulders simply shrugged because everyone knew about it?  Just what would qualify as a global conspiracy if not what is laid out in that novel?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

People believe conspiracies because it's easier than accepting the terrifying reality that our countries are actually run by incompetent idiots who really have little control over anything at all.   Oh, and that **** really does just happen - for no reason at all.

So there are no conspiracies, in your opinion?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Really?  The assassination of uncooperative leaders of UN member nations seems like an economic superpower doing what they do so no biggie, eh? :gun:  And I suppose this behavior was all over the BBC at the time and shoulders simply shrugged because everyone knew about it?  Just what would qualify as a global conspiracy if not what is laid out in that novel?

I didn't say it was acceptable, just not a global conspiracy. Just superpowers doing the same ****ty things as the have since time immemorial.

I'd say a global conspiracy would include more than just the US for one thing (although I'm sure admitting the US is not the world will be difficult for you :D).

Something more like, say, if the US, Russian and Chinese governments had secretly agreed to fake all the animosity because it was good for business/reelection/distraction/pick your own motive.