Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman who 'came back from the dead' says what afterlife is like and wants to go back

Still Waters

Sometimes referred to as the final mystery, the truth behind what happens when we die is unclear.

Some people who've had near-death experiences describe seeing a bright light, while others said they heard voices or were able to look at their own dying bodies.

Two women who 'came back from the dead' have described what the afterlife they both saw is like, and one says it was so good that she wants to go back.

Jessie Sawyer and Betty J. Eadie had similar experiences of being dead and seeing what could be described as an afterlife in a series of surreal moments.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/woman-came-back-from-dead-afterlife-go-back-20220808

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I met a woman who had a 2 year old and she had an NDE and was angry that she had to come back.  It had been a year and she was still angry.   I felt bad for her husband and child.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Sometimes referred to as the final mystery, the truth behind what happens when we die is unclear.

Some people who've had near-death experiences describe seeing a bright light, while others said they heard voices or were able to look at their own dying bodies.

Two women who 'came back from the dead' have described what the afterlife they both saw is like, and one says it was so good that she wants to go back.

Jessie Sawyer and Betty J. Eadie had similar experiences of being dead and seeing what could be described as an afterlife in a series of surreal moments.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/woman-came-back-from-dead-afterlife-go-back-20220808

I wonder if when human civilization has advanced enough to bring back everyone who has ever lived if it isn`t that.

With the experiences tailored to the person religion or something.

34 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I wonder if when human civilization has advanced enough to bring back everyone who has ever lived if it isn`t that.

With the experiences tailored to the person religion or something.

Hi Cookie

Does everyone or anyone want to come back?  Why would your or anyone else’s desire be greater than the desire of the person that died.

I don’t believe in an afterlife so where do you think they will bring them back from?

If there is a god then where do you think you have the autonomy to supersede gods will?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Is there an opposite thing - Near life experience? :sm

I almost had one of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

Does everyone or anyone want to come back?  Why would your or anyone else’s desire be greater than the desire of the person that died.

I don’t believe in an afterlife so where do you think they will bring them back from?

If there is a god then where do you think you have the autonomy to supersede gods will?

I entertain the possibility that an afterlife, and civilization reaching a high enough point of development to bring back the dead, are both the same thing.

I have also read through reincarnation stories in religious texts and wonder if there is stuff we dont yet know about quantum mechanics. Maybe a person standing outside a cave calling out the dead person is all thats needed.

54 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Is there an opposite thing - Near life experience? :sm

Hi Jethro

19 years plus a day is a near life experience 

• Like 3

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

I entertain the possibility that an afterlife, and civilization reaching a high enough point of development to bring back the dead, are both the same thing.

I have also read through reincarnation stories in religious texts and wonder if there is stuff we dont yet know about quantum mechanics. Maybe a person standing outside a cave calling out the dead person is all thats needed.

Hi Cookie

You have claimed to believe in god so my question still stands. Where do you think you have the autonomy to supersede god’s will?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

You have claimed to believe in god so my question still stands. Where do you think you have the autonomy to supersede god’s will?

I dont understand the question.

How do you see me as superseding Gods will? Maybe that will clear it up.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

I dont understand the question.

How do you see me as superseding Gods will? Maybe that will clear it up.

Hi Cookie

The whole heaven/ hell/ redemption thing is god’s plan and has been the fundamental basis of Christianity for the last 2000 years and the reason for Christ’s death.

You are suggesting upending gods will and the whole premise of Christianity as Christ’s death becomes meaningless if there is no heaven and hell

• Like 1

Hi Cookie

The whole heaven/ hell/ redemption thing is god’s plan and has been the fundamental basis of Christianity for the last 2000 years and the reason for Christ’s death.

You are suggesting upending gods will and the whole premise of Christianity as Christ’s death becomes meaningless if there is no heaven and hell

I`m saying it might come about through the technological advancement of civilization.

We dont understand what time is, where it comes from, what its made out of, etc. When we do we might be able to recover people. The naughty ones go to whatever prison is in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`m saying it might come about through the technological advancement of civilization.

We dont understand what time is, where it comes from, what its made out of, etc. When we do we might be able to recover people. The naughty ones go to whatever prison is in the future.

Hi Cookie

So is your position that Christianity is a crock and that god holds no judgement on man and the sacrifice of Christ was false then?

So you would bring back people from the dead to put them in prison. Why bother don’t you think that creates ore problems like feeding, housing, guarding dead they cost nothing. How many times do you want to bring a guy back just to shoot him again.

you do realize that in justice death is the end of judgment 

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

Hi Cookie

So is your position that Christianity is a crock and that god holds no judgement on man and the sacrifice of Christ was false then?

No, that the advancement of civilization will emerge to be the same as what religion says.

On the topic of Jesus and Mohammad you do realise all we need is one intact cell, and those cells dont even need to be alive. We could clone them both right now, we have the tech. Tracking down one of Jesuses cells will be harder, we would have to hope one of the crucifixion relics is real and has some dried blood on.

Mohammad would be easy, his corpse is in a tomb in Mecca too this very day.

The question is what exotic tech might we develop that could recover their minds too?

Edited by Cookie Monster

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

No, that the advancement of civilization will emerge to be the same as what religion says.

On the topic of Jesus and Mohammad you do realise all we need is one intact cell, and those cells dont even need to be alive. We could clone them both right now, we have the tech. Tracking down one of Jesuses cells will be harder, we would have to hope one of the crucifixion relics is real and has some dried blood on.

Mohammad would be easy, his corpse is in a tomb in Mecca too this very day.

The question is what exotic tech might we develop that could recover their minds too?

Hi Cookie

All you are saying is your desire is greater than god’s will

• Like 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

All you are saying is your desire is greater than god’s will

I dont get what you mean.

I`m trying to say science and religion are not at odds with each other, that as civilization advances we will reach the place religion says we will.

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

the topic of Jesus and Mohammad you do realise all we need is one intact cell, and those cells dont even need to be alive. We could clone them both right now, we have the tech. Tracking down one of Jesuses cells will be harder, we would have to hope one of the crucifixion relics is real and has some dried blood on.

Hi Cookie

You do realize making a copy of someone through cloning does not bring a dead man back the clone is a different person 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

You do realize making a copy of someone through cloning does not bring a dead man back the clone is a different person 

Which is why its best to wait to see if we develop the tech to recover someone`s mind.

I may have a way, a quantum clone chamber. In essence a chamber whose walls are built up from successive layers of meta materials until no EM radiation can pass through them. That should induce QM behaviour in anything inside the chamber.

Then we would need to quantum teleport the mind at death into the newly developing brain cells. How to do that, I dont know.

There may be some cloning controversies. As we haven`t cloned a human yet how do we know they retain none of the originals memories?

Edited by Cookie Monster

I dont get what you mean.

I`m trying to say science and religion are not at odds with each other, that as civilization advances we will reach the place religion says we will.

Hi Cookie

It is in conflict if it detracts from what the bible teaches and god’s word is given as absolute from an all seeing and all knowing being. Not sure how you do not understand how what you are proposing is not in conflict with the Christian belief system

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

We've had several discussions on that topic. I miss that thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Which is why its best to wait to see if we develop the tech to recover someone`s mind.

I may have a way, a quantum clone chamber. In essence a chamber whose walls are built up from successive layers of meta materials until no EM radiation can pass through them. That should induce QM behaviour in anything inside the chamber.

Then we would need to quantum teleport the mind at death into the newly developing brain cells. How to do that, I dont know.

That kind of science only seems plausible at a high school lunchroom table.:rolleyes:

• Thanks 3

There may be some cloning controversies. As we haven`t cloned a human yet how do we know they retain none of the originals memories?

Hi Cookie

Good luck finding a mind 2000 years after it left the body

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

We've had several discussions on that topic. I miss that thread.

Hi Xeno

I very much enjoyed that thread as well:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2