Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman who 'came back from the dead' says what afterlife is like and wants to go back

Still Waters

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The grandfather I loved died in 1998. I remember him being in a medically induced coma. He had lung cancer. Either from the mill he worked in or from WW2. Either way he was dying. I remember the day before. I held his hand, told him it was okay to leave, we'll be alright. He gripped my hand almost like he heard me. The next morning around 3 am he died. After the funeral a few days later I swear I saw him. Almost like he said goodbye. I miss him a lot here lately. He meant a lot to me. As for both my grandmothers. I found out that the one I thought cared about me didn't and the other one I almost threw a party for her death. She was the one who messed my head up. As for my currently living grandfather, it's just a waiting game. He needs to die. Too much wrong he's done. So I guess when I see all that in my life, I'm almost afraid I'll be left to die alone. Guess it's strange really. At my grandmother funeral in 2020, I basically distanced myself from everyone, just didn't care. The most meaningful thing was helping an elderly woman with her husbands ashes. I was a needed shoulder. I can attribute something 'divine' in that if I wanted, but I did what I felt was right. Now I'm staring down the barrel of both my parents demise. My father is a wreck and my mother is as well. Life isn't good to anyone. 

Hi Xeno

I can’t say I completely understand but before my granddaughter was born I felt that I would die alone and was not uncomfortable with the idea. All of the guys I grew up with died from the time I was 21-27 and never made the same kind of relationships with people again. I always have known lots of people but never chose to let them into my inner circle. Granted my life at that time didn’t allow for trust or closeness due to what my life was.

You will have a new generation of family in the future and will be a grandpa. It is kind of a rebirth to have those little ones hugging your leg or squealing  with excitement to see you.

You still have quite the path ahead of you so keep your mind and heart open 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The grandfather I loved died in 1998. I remember him being in a medically induced coma. He had lung cancer. Either from the mill he worked in or from WW2. Either way he was dying. I remember the day before. I held his hand, told him it was okay to leave, we'll be alright. He gripped my hand almost like he heard me. The next morning around 3 am he died. After the funeral a few days later I swear I saw him. Almost like he said goodbye. I miss him a lot here lately. He meant a lot to me. As for both my grandmothers. I found out that the one I thought cared about me didn't and the other one I almost threw a party for her death. She was the one who messed my head up. As for my currently living grandfather, it's just a waiting game. He needs to die. Too much wrong he's done. So I guess when I see all that in my life, I'm almost afraid I'll be left to die alone. Guess it's strange really. At my grandmother funeral in 2020, I basically distanced myself from everyone, just didn't care. The most meaningful thing was helping an elderly woman with her husbands ashes. I was a needed shoulder. I can attribute something 'divine' in that if I wanted, but I did what I felt was right. Now I'm staring down the barrel of both my parents demise. My father is a wreck and my mother is as well. Life isn't good to anyone. 

See Jay’s post to you, ditto. Something tells me you will not be alone. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I get the feeling my final day on this planet will be lonely. Like I either out live everyone or I'm forgotten. A withered old man no one remembers. Perhaps that just death anxiety.

What Jay said, you are respected and cared about.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

You will have a new generation of family in the future and will be a grandpa.

No I won't. My kids don't want to become parents. So my bloodline is done. I understand their reasoning. Especially my youngest. The oldest isn't a biological relation. The life choices my middle child has made make that possibility mute. 

You still have quite the path ahead of you so keep your mind and heart open 

My path is done. It's just a waiting game now. Maybe god'll do the job right next time. 

You'll have to forgive my negativity, but, it's my reality. There is no future for me. No grandchildren. Just watching people I care about die. At least I can try to make the most of it and be there if I'm needed. How's that for a sliver of optimism.

Two NDE's under my belt and not a divine welcome, no angels, nothing spiritual, just a dream of sorts. The future I currently forsee is nothing to look forward too. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

All I can say is if we get one final dream as we're dying. Dream big, dream good, and make it count before the curtain closes forever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No I won't. My kids don't want to become parents. So my bloodline is done. I understand their reasoning. Especially my youngest. The oldest isn't a biological relation. The life choices my middle child has made make that possibility mute. 

My path is done. It's just a waiting game now. Maybe god'll do the job right next time. 

You'll have to forgive my negativity, but, it's my reality. There is no future for me. No grandchildren. Just watching people I care about die. At least I can try to make the most of it and be there if I'm needed. How's that for a sliver of optimism.

Two NDE's under my belt and not a divine welcome, no angels, nothing spiritual, just a dream of sorts. The future I currently forsee is nothing to look forward too. 

Hi Xeno

My daughter has always been a good looking girl and had a herd of moon eyed boys at her beck and call.

I never thought she would have a baby and just play guys for the saps they are. She had been angry with me for years and never heard from her then one day out of the clear blue she phones me up and tells me I am a gramma and things changed for all of us.

Things change because people change and for women sometimes that clock ticks louder later in life. We never know for sure what the future holds for us. I live with more acceptance than expectations to start with and becoming a grandpa was a big surprise for me and that usually doesn’t happen often with a cynical guy like me.

I still hope all the best for you and do not really see you in a negative light.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Xeno

My daughter has always been a good looking girl and had a herd of moon eyed boys at her beck and call.

I never thought she would have a baby and just play guys for the saps they are. She had been angry with me for years and never heard from her then one day out of the clear blue she phones me up and tells me I am a gramma and things changed for all of us.

Things change because people change and for women sometimes that clock ticks louder later in life. We never know for sure what the future holds for us. I live with more acceptance than expectations to start with and becoming a grandpa was a big surprise for me and that usually doesn’t happen often with a cynical guy like me.

I still hope all the best for you and do not really see you in a negative light.

My nephew is having his first child at the age of 42.  We all thought my brother would never get to be a grandpa, but now he will be in October.   Congratulations on your grand child.    I have 4 and they are the light of everything for me, just like my kids are.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My nephew is having his first child at the age of 42.  We all thought my brother would never get to be a grandpa, but now he will be in October.   Congratulations on your grand child.    I have 4 and they are the light of everything for me, just like my kids are.   

Hi Desertrat

Thanks and yes they are. I had so much fun at the playgrounds with her and because she spent a lot of her early years time with me would read her 3 books every night until she could read and then she would read to me before she went to bed.

Grampa is different than dad in some ways you can be more relaxed and patient with them as we get older and less anxious about life. Or it seems that way for me anyway.

Many times she would come to work with me when she was a toddler as I did a lot of work for Asian people that had children that she could play with and every now and then come with her big eyes and smile to see what I was doing.

In a way it would remind me of my childhood at the farm growing up around people working.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I cannot wait to be a grandmother. In the meantime, while I wait for my boys to nurture their success, we enjoy our freedom to the fullest. We love to travel and go somewhere at least 1 time a month. We are going to Catalina an island we love that is a short boat ride away. :wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I cannot wait to be a grandmother. In the meantime, while I wait for my boys to nurture their success, we enjoy our freedom to the fullest. We love to travel and go somewhere at least 1 time a month. We are going to Catalina an island we love that is a short boat ride away. :wub:

Been there once a couple years ago when we visited our daughter in San Clemente. 

Very nice area and its famous for UFO activity - but we didn't get abducted. :D

• Haha 2

All right folks, enough with the general personal chit-chat derailing the topic. If you want to general chit chat, there's a general section for that or perhaps you could use the chat section. Leave the conversation in this topic about the OP topic please. 

23 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Jesus could come back as something completely different than you might expect 

Yeah. He'll come back and speciallizes in atheism and swimming in sand.

• Haha 2

On 8/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, XenoFish said:

I get the feeling my final day on this planet will be lonely. Like I either out live everyone or I'm forgotten. A withered old man no one remembers. Perhaps that just death anxiety.

Likewise. even though I'm older, I fully expect my wife to go first and we have no children - only a couple cousins on my side and some nephews on hers - none of whom care a whit about either of us. Since being in a war zone (Vietnam), I've learned to not get too close to anyone because they could be gone tomorrow - I have acquaintances, not friends. All the people I've played music with over the course of the past 60 or so years, I consider business associates. I never believed in a god and consider the whole idea of an afterlife wishful thinking based on fear of the unknown. I decided long ago that death is just the end of living and nothing happens afterwards - it's clearly the end and wearing out of a biological entity - one can't avoid it, so why worry and be afraid? I feel the same about what some consider the 'miracle' of conception and child birth - nothing miraculous about it - it's a known scientifically understood process; I grew up on a farm and it went on all the time even to the extent of importing bull semen to impregnate cattle - nothing to see here boys and girls, just keep moving - it's just normal. There's really nothing to fear about dying because the only ones upset about your dying are those you leave behind (in my case, none) and you won't know it because you'll be dead. I'll probably end up in the old soldiers home somewhere where, hopefully, they'll change my diaper once in a while, but maybe Agent Orange will get me first - I've already got a bad heart, diabetes, and PTSD with lots of other AO related ailments waiting in the wings. Nothing to worry about here.

• Sad 1

Does anyone else wonder why a 78-year old woman is getting a hysterectomy? Or that apparently the future is set and we have no free will?

On 8/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, OverSword said:

I heard an account on a podcast a few years ago in which an older woman in a nursing home was dying.  She was drawn from her body and was walking down a tunnel with some other people when she heard the nurses in her room discussing what was for lunch that day.  It was pumpkin soup, and the lady said she thought that sounded so delicious that she turned around and walked back down the tunnel when suddenly she sat up in bed, startling the two nurses who thought she was on her way to the great beyond and asked if she might trouble them for a bowl of that pumpkin soup.  She lived another seven years :lol:

That is hilarious! It reminds me of my nde.it felt like being drawn toward a tunnel of light but it had happened so suddenly and I saw it all despite being hit from behind and  tried to yell "I'm not going out like that" and when I realized I couldn't talk I turned around and clung back to myself and got up and scared the crap out of the people that were carrying me thinking I was dead. I guess I'm too stubborn to even die lol  That was about 16 years ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Portre said:

Does anyone else wonder why a 78-year old woman is getting a hysterectomy? Or that apparently the future is set and we have no free will?

Well unfortunately doctors often refuse to give them to women who are still child bearing age in case they change their mind later. I have heard many people complain about debilitating pain and this being why they were still refused. She probably has cysts or any other painful thing that would require removal. At 78 they would be sure she isn't going to use it again.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the article:

"My husband was sitting in the armchair and I stood next to him, I was concerned because he didn't know I had died, nor had my children, and I was worried for all of them," she told                        Inside Edition.

"But then I was given a glimpse into their futures and saw they'd all lead good lives."

How/why was she shown a future without her then be told it wasn't her time and be sent back?  The future she was shown couldn't have been her family's future. Are there multiple possible futures, proof of Everett's Many-Worlds?  If she was shown a less than ideal future for her family, she wouldn't be so eager to return.  Am I missing something?

11 hours ago, Portre said:

In response to that second question, maybe the future she was shown was the one based on the ‘free will’ actions of those relatives.  If you can see into the future you must be able to see all the options available and the decisions taken.  

58 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

In response to that second question, maybe the future she was shown was the one based on the ‘free will’ actions of those relatives.  If you can see into the future you must be able to see all the options available and the decisions taken.  

Hi Susan

I have to wonder if multiple options are offered in outcomes what makes one more significant than another as free will would create many variables. Personally I am inclined to think she chose a hypothetical future based on limited or possibly biased perspectives 

• Like 1

It sounds like a beautiful experience. I've read many similar NDE and I'm always fascinated by what people experience. Thank you for posting.

19 hours ago, Portre said:

My aunt was 70 when she got a hysterectomy and it was due to cancer.   Why do you ask?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My aunt was 70 when she got a hysterectomy and it was due to cancer.   Why do you ask?

To learn, to understand

• Like 1

Yeah, i recall homer died in mr burns office and burns told smithers to send his family a ham, homer hears that and pops back into his body and is crushed burns cancelled the ham since his is still alive.

I dont place much into nde as close doesnt count i think its just the brain reacting to shock trama but what is intriguing is why people get all looney insisting it is undeniable proof for an afterlife and that is that yet call us skeptics closed minded.

Maybe it falls in with people who have that need to feel more special than the next person.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

yet call us skeptics closed minded.

That's right, a true skeptic is "open-minded".

It's how the denial of reality is justified.

Then said Pilate, half in ridicule and half in sincerity, “Truth, what is truth—who knows?”

Edited by Will Due
  • Confused 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, Portre said:

From the article:

"My husband was sitting in the armchair and I stood next to him, I was concerned because he didn't know I had died, nor had my children, and I was worried for all of them," she told                        Inside Edition.

"But then I was given a glimpse into their futures and saw they'd all lead good lives."

How/why was she shown a future without her then be told it wasn't her time and be sent back?  The future she was shown couldn't have been her family's future. Are there multiple possible futures, proof of Everett's Many-Worlds?  If she was shown a less than ideal future for her family, she wouldn't be so eager to return.  Am I missing something?

There's a Dickens ghost of Christmas theme going on here for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1