Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Carolina Sheriff Stocking Schools With AR-15 Rifles

Still Waters

When schools in one North Carolina county reopen later this month, new security measures will include stocking AR-15 rifles for school resource officers to use in the event of an active shooter.

Spurred by the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two teachers dead in May, school officials and Madison County Sheriff Buddy Harwood have placed one of the semiautomatic rifles in each of the county's six schools. Each of the guns will be locked inside a safe, Harwood said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-08-07/north-carolina-sheriff-stocking-schools-with-ar-15-rifles

https://eu.citizen-times.com/story/news/madison/2022/08/05/madison-county-schools-add-ar-15-rifles-enhance-security/10234037002/

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

When schools in one North Carolina county reopen later this month, new security measures will include stocking AR-15 rifles for school resource officers to use in the event of an active shooter.

Spurred by the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two teachers dead in May, school officials and Madison County Sheriff Buddy Harwood have placed one of the semiautomatic rifles in each of the county's six schools. Each of the guns will be locked inside a safe, Harwood said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-08-07/north-carolina-sheriff-stocking-schools-with-ar-15-rifles

https://eu.citizen-times.com/story/news/madison/2022/08/05/madison-county-schools-add-ar-15-rifles-enhance-security/10234037002/

That seems like a knee jerk response.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The real question is will the resource officers actually use them when the time comes or will they just save their own hide 

• Like 3

Firearm manufacturers have very little advertising to do. Tragedy is profitable.

And their narratives are seeping into the actual solutions that police officers use.

Police officers are reactionary. A gun in a safe is reactionary.

We have regressed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

The real question is will the resource officers actually use them when the time comes or will they just save their own hide 

In which case, toy ones would suffice, like say "Toys AR Us"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

See a safe at school, guess what's in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

See a safe at school, guess what's in it.

If it’s a high school - uranium usually. 

• Like 3

There is a problem with guns. Too many criminals and nutters with guns! What can we do about it? Group huddle. We have found the solution! We need more guns!

Edited by Silver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I doubt this solution.  What would work is no social media or mood altering prescriptions until the age of 35.  Good luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Does it come with a dose of courage?

Does any private owner of a AR-15 come with a dose of courage?

Edited by Piney
brain fart
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I doubt this solution.  What would work is no social media or mood altering prescriptions until the age of 35.  Good luck.

25, which is the age most experts agree that the plasticity of the brain tends to become less plastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

25, which is the age most experts agree that the plasticity of the brain tends to become less plastic.

I think it is "best guess" 25 to 26.   Not set in stone.   Maybe someone could design a cognitive test to use on people to see where their brain is.  I was raised by an addict whose brain never geled past the age of 14, like most addicts who start young, they never mature emotionally or cognitively so chronological age is not a good indicator of anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think it is "best guess" 25 to 26.   Not set in stone.   Maybe someone could design a cognitive test to use on people to see where their brain is.  I was raised by an addict whose brain never geled past the age of 14, like most addicts who start young, they never mature emotionally or cognitively so chronological age is not a good indicator of anything.

My dope fiend mother was still 15 at 60.........and I'm the one with autism.

A sense of responsibility and consequences still needs to be instilled.

Emotionally I'm 12, but both my Native and adopted grandparents still taught me responsibility and consequences. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I'll agree to that for the meds if you'll agree to the social media ban until age 40 (just to be safe)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'll agree to that for the meds if you'll agree to the social media ban until age 40 (just to be safe)

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Is this goodbye then, or are you old enough to participate in this sonny?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is this goodbye then, or are you old enough to participate in this sonny?

I’m good :tu:  

• Like 1

So, let's not remove the threat, bring the fight to the schools. 

This guy is a Sheriff? 

Very small minded approach. His approach ensures kids will be in danger. I wonder if it will be seen as a challenge by these mentally ill attackers? 

Typical gun culture response. Buy more guns. And people actually wonder why so many frown upon it. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxmaYRr0CQlykZ_J4Trvw

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If it’s a high school - uranium usually. 

Cool so the AR-15 is in with Uranium.

• Haha 1