Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

I see. So all the FBI have to do is plant 1 "top secret" document (or just say they found one) and Trump is out of the race for 2024.

If only he had electronic copies like Hillary, he could have his own private servers and delete anything he wanted when being investigated.

But im sure the FBI isn't partisan at all. I saw the speed they investigated Hunters laptop, which they definitely didn't claim was "Russian misinformation"

Everything is a deep state conspiracy to you guys.

Let me ask you this. Is Trump above the law? Subject to be searched with a warrant like anyone else ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, acidhead said:

30 FBI Agents! 

Do you think that's a lot?  One of the most taxing things I have ever done in the military is our team of 5 searching a tiny house in Iraq.  Absolutely exhausting.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

That's my gut feel, too. Presumably they had enough evidence to get a Judge to sign a search warrant.

Believe that anyone found guilty of removing documents from a Federal office is automatically disqualified from holding Federal office in the future.

As well as a fine / up to three years imprisonment.

Mr. Trump has stated that they broke into his safe.  To get a warrant to search an ex-presidents private residence must have gone all the  way to the top, and must have been very specific about what they are looking for.    No President since Nixon has been so close to charges.  Not sure about this @Tiggs, but I don't think they could have opened the safe unless they specified exactly what they are looking for in the warrant

I also suspect they are very aware of Trump supporters distrust of the government, so they probably have tapes, body cams and plenty of witnesses so they can show they did not "plant" anything.  One has to wonder where the tip came from to give the FBI enough to get this warrant.  Was it the help?  Was it part of Trump's inner circle?  Was it his family?  Ivanka wants distance and Melania would love to kick him in the gonads for all he has done to her. Was it part of the Secret Service detail?

Unless we see Melania smiling and not scowling in future pictures, we may never know.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Mr. Trump has stated that they broke into his safe.  To get a warrant to search an ex-presidents private residence must have gone all the  way to the top, and must have been very specific about what they are looking for.    No President since Nixon has been so close to charges.  Not sure about this @Tiggs, but I don't think they could have opened the safe unless they specified exactly what they are looking for in the warrant

FOX says the FBI removed things from the house. I haven't seen where anyone else reported that. I wonder if they did.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, acidhead said:

30 FBI Agents! 

Considering the size of the estate that seems like a reasonable number. You easily need multiple search teams and access control teams to cover that palace.

• Like 3

CNN is saying that things were removed. I wonder what they took. Biden didn't know about the search until after it was reported by the news.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

The FBI's search included examining where documents were kept, according to another person familiar with the investigation, and boxes of items were taken. Following the National Archives' recovering of White House records from Mar-a-Lago in recent months, the FBI on Monday had to verify that nothing was left behind.
Christina Bobb, Trump's attorney, said the FBI seized documents. "President Trump and his legal team have been cooperative with FBI and DOJ officials every step of the way. The FBI did conduct an unannounced raid and seized paper," Bobb said.
NN has reached out to the FBI for comment. The Justice Department declined to comment to CNN.
A White House official said it was not notified about the search. President Joe Biden, a senior administration official said, was unaware of the search of Mar-a-Lago until after it was reported on the news.
  • Like 3

From CNN:

n early June, a handful of investigators made a rare visit to the property seeking more information about potentially classified material from Trump's time in the White House that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators, including Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, sat down with two of Trump's attorneys, Bobb and Evan Corcoran, according to a source present for the meeting.
At the beginning of the meeting, Trump stopped by and greeted the investigators near a dining room. After he left, without answering any questions, the investigators asked the attorneys if they could see where Trump was storing the documents. The attorneys took the investigators to the basement room where the boxes of materials were being stored, and the investigators looked around the room before eventually leaving, according to the source.

A second source said that Trump came in to say hi and made small talk but left while the attorneys spoke with investigators. The source said some of the documents shown to investigators had top secret markings.
Five days later, on June 8, Trump's attorneys received a letter from investigators asking them to further secure the room where the documents were stored. Aides subsequently added a padlock to the room.
In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Everything is a deep state conspiracy to you guys.

Let me ask you this. Is Trump above the law? Subject to be searched with a warrant like anyone else ?

It’s more of an issue of the credibility of the politicized and corrupt FBI. Hopefully Trump wasn’t under surveillance and involved in a plot to kidnap some second rate Democrat Governor.,

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It’s more of an issue of the credibility of politicized and corrupt FBI. Hopefully Trump wasn’t under surveillance and involved in a plot to kidnap some second rate Democrat Governor.,

Politicized and corrupt?  Maybe.  That started with Trump firing Comey to end the Russia, Russia, Russia investigation.  I think current director Wray is a Trump appointee.  

I'll guess we will see.  Never know though, he might have been under surveillance. He does have 24/7 Secret Service companions.  They might be taking notes.

Until we find out differently, my money is on the woman scorned.  Melania ratted him out for revenge.:devil:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Politicized and corrupt?  Maybe.  That started with Trump firing Comey to end the Russia, Russia, Russia investigation.  I think current director Wray is a Trump appointee.  

I'll guess we will see.  Never know though, he might have been under surveillance. He does have 24/7 Secret Service companions.  They might be taking notes.

Until we find out differently, my money is on the woman scorned.  Melania ratted him out for revenge.:devil:

So far it sounds like they are just dragging off anything that might be useful to them, rather than looking for something specific. Im guessing it’s a fishing operation. Expect “bombshells” to be dropped up to the midterms and beyond. Granted it’s early and the details are scant but it just seems like a continuation of the same thing we have been hearing for close to the past 6 years, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Found this from Sky News. This guy thinks the FBI had to have something solid to get a warrant to go in and search.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So far it sounds like they are just dragging off anything that might be useful to them, rather than looking for something specific. Im guessing it’s a fishing operation. Expect “bombshells” to be dropped up to the midterms and beyond. Granted it’s early and the details are scant but it just seems like a continuation of the same thing we have been hearing for close to the past 6 years, 

That would be obviously an infraction on their part  and on the judge too for that matter.  They are not supposed to sign off on warrants unless they are specific. Search warrants need to detail what they are looking for and why they believe it to be there, especially for a former president.    There is a competent number of Republicans in Congress that will be looking for any FBI  overstepping of the law.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Solid like the Steele Dossier?

Good point.  Ex-President Trump might have kept a private copy of the pee tape in his safe  to cheer him up when he got depressed.:D

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Solid like the Steele Dossier?

I guess we'll be finding out. 

• Like 1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Donald Trump's son Eric Trump told Fox News that the FBI raid on Monday of his father's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida was conducted over documents sought by the National Archives.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-08-08/eric-trump-fbi-raid-conducted-over-documents-sought-by-national-archives

4 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

This is scary.

What could they possibly be looking for?

Malfeseance.

• Like 1

I have doubts if the DOJ and FBI are up to the task of taking on the Trump monarchy. If not for the pandemic, even Trump admits that he would have easily been reelected.

My previous signature, introduced here, around the time President Trump was sworn into office.

My Previous Signature on Unexplained Mysteries during the first half of Donald Trump's Presidency

49691408742_b86e0a580c_c.jpg

• Confused 1

Wow even houses built on trumps cards tumble, i would have been floored if his worshippers didnt run to yell asinine tripe like "set up" or "planted evidence" its a go too marmalade messiah is sacrosanct in their blind eyes however after all the ridiculous comedy tRump played with election fraud and never presenting proof and everyone knowing trumps go to is to blame others even if he has to make up stuff. Breathe easy  hes had plenty of time to get rid of bad things.

I doubt any judge or agent is going to risk a vacation to the grey bar hotel because they were as incompetent as trump was and is. Of course they documented what they grabbed and the raid.

This might be as simple as tRump took home stuff that he wasnt supposed to take, pens, an ash tray, the only nude photo of Lincoln,   classified documents who knows hes old and bumbling mistakes can and do happen.

with all the furor investagating his part in the failed insurrection on the 6th there might just be a smoking gun that someone tipped someone off to, i wonder who is close to trump and might feel humiliated, cheated on, and always had the expression on her face of trying to bend spoons with her mind? Hum?

I do think this is bigger than hunting vaction videos of orange guys enjoying watersports with low rent russki sex trade workers, hum, who has a soft spot for sex trade workers?

The plot thickens.

smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gift0251.gif.4538946b4282585b9365df95e9886578.gif

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

I wonder what they planted?

A decent human being?

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This might be as simple as tRump took home stuff that he wasnt supposed to take, pens, an ash tray, the only nude photo of Lincoln,   classified documents who knows hes old and bumbling mistakes can and do happen.

It is classified documents or so it has been reported.  It may be hype but MSM is saying top secret type stuff.    If it was 15 boxes of junk with occasional classified documents mixed in you could call it a mistake.  If the classified documents are separated out and held in a safe, that would indicate knowledge and purpose.  

If you want to entertain conspiracies though, forget the FBI, this is perfect for the Republicans.   First, they get to blame the Democrats, which is good any day.  Second, they get rid of Trump and can line up behind a more electable candidate, like Ron DeSantis, coincidently Governor of Florida and friends with many of the big donors that visit Mar a Lago. 

Imagine at one event Trump, prone to bragging says too much or shows too much to big donors.  Some might decide  that Trump has run his course, and whisper that information to someone else and somewhere along the chain, the DOJ gets a tip.  

Democrats might win for a short time, but it sure gives DeSantis a good clean launching pad and plenty of room to build momentum.  No  doubt Mitch and Lindsey will breathe a sigh of relief too.

• Like 2

That's good. So far, Trump has thought that he is above the law. He said that he can kill somebody and still become President. He needs to learn that justice applies to him just like everybody else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked