Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If the documents are so sensitive, then why did they leak the story and not try to keep a lid on it (national security)?  As I had just stated, Presidents can declassify anything they please.  Presidents are the *TOP* official derivative declassifier.  From time to time something that should remain classified, ends up on display in a Presidential library.  What usually happens is the government contacts the library and works out a solution without fanfare.  The FBI doesn’t wait for the homeowner to be elsewhere then raid.  Their MO is to usually harass the homeowner while raiding.

National Archives and Record Administration "broke" the story in Feb when officials uncovered classified information among the documents Trump took to Mar-a-Lago.

Trumps' lawyer was on the scene, so, unless his lawyer lives there, he was notified in advance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Are you happy to take the FBIs word on this?

"Trust us, he had bad documents. So bad I can't tell you whats in them"

Thats enough for you?

The republic is lost. The MIC are in full control. Get used to your never ending wars forever and ever 

The subpoena was signed by a judge.  The FBI had to present probable cause a crime was committed and what they will be searching for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Then you don’t know much.

In Oklahoma we had three people vote in other people's names in the last five years.  They got caught and got some jail time for it.  This type of thing is of the stupid kind because one or two extra votes almost never makes a difference in the outcome of an election.  Why risk jail over it?

We also had two Election Auditors try to stuff the ballot box - and get caught.  Again, it makes almost no difference to the outcome of an election.  It is simply not worth the risk of jail time.  It is a stupid crime.

There have been no others since I became an Election Judge.

Doug

4 minutes ago, Portre said:

National Archives and Record Administration "broke" the story in Feb when officials uncovered classified information among the documents Trump took to Mar-a-Lago.

Trumps' lawyer was on the scene, so, unless his lawyer lives there, he was notified in advance

Yes, I remember that.  It was low key then.  I remember it happening with several Presidents.  If these were so sensitive, then how come they didn’t recover them back in February?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since warrants are written to search for specific things and not just a blanket search for dirt then I have to assume this is about documents subpoenaed by the 1-6 committee.  If they don't find what the warrant specifies this is going to make them look even more biased than they already do and seem like a witch hunt, which is a problem the democrats have had since trump was in office.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Portre said:

The subpoena was signed by a judge.  The FBI had to present probable cause a crime was committed and what they will be searching for.

Do you really think ANYTHING Trump had or was planning on doing with any documents is worth the fall out from this?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, I remember that.  It was low key then.  I remember it happening with several Presidents.  If these were so sensitive, then how come they didn’t recover them back in February?

The part that surprised me is, why didn't Trump flush them down the toilet?

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Do you really think ANYTHING Trump had or was planning on doing with any documents is worth the fall out from this?

Yes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Portre said:

What?

What is worth the fall out? This is the path to civil war. All because you think Trump would sell secrets?

Edited by Knob Oddy

11 minutes ago, Portre said:

That's what they did when they used the false dossier to get a corrupt judge to initiate Mueller's investigation falsely. This fact is irrefutable. Yet you and the rest of you left wing down the toilet nut jobs continue to purposely look the other way while the obvious is occurring AGAIN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Portre said:

The part that surprised me is, why didn't Trump flush them down the toilet?

Maybe because they weren’t national security sensitive?  You think?  It was the Jan 6 idiot select committee that is grasping at straws.  They are Trump’s best campaign poster.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not Raided by FBI: Bidens, Clintons, Russia Hoaxers, Black Lives Matter

The shocking raid Monday of former President Donald Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago, Florida, stood in stark contrast to the many Trump opponents that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has not raided despite public evidence of alleged misconduct.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/08/not-raided-by-fbi-bidens-clintons-russia-hoaxers-black-lives-matter/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

He said the same thing about the Giuliani raid. These types of statements give them plausible deniability should the operation be found out to be other than legal.

True enough, but also the way our government was designed to work, the DOJ is supposed to independent, not  the president's hit squad.  If our government works like it should according to the Constitution, Biden does not need to be informed ahead of time.

Or your worst nightmare meme has come alive.  Dark Brandon is on the move. :D

• Like 3

Republicans dust off familiar playbook to weaponise Mar-a-Lago FBI search…

…..The Republican response on Monday drew from a familiar playbook: Trump has long maintained that the Russia investigation, for example, was a “hoax” and part of a “deep state” conspiracy against him. Scrutiny of his removal of presidential records, or his role in the January 6 insurrection, is likely to produce a similar backlash.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/09/trump-mar-a-lago-analysis-republicans-weaponise-fbi-search

reality is being “weaponized” against the never Trumpers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

If Trump were to go away the Democrats would lose there entire shtick.

Pretty much true.  Biden was NOT Trump, that was his major qualification.

The Democrats know it, and the Republicans know it too.  Who has most to gain from that?  Republicans.  They get to put in someone more electable, like Ron DeSantis, governor of the state where the raid took place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

In Oklahoma we had three people vote in other people's names in the last five years.  They got caught and got some jail time for it.  This type of thing is of the stupid kind because one or two extra votes almost never makes a difference in the outcome of an election.  Why risk jail over it?

We also had two Election Auditors try to stuff the ballot box - and get caught.  Again, it makes almost no difference to the outcome of an election.  It is simply not worth the risk of jail time.  It is a stupid crime.

Yes, little sheeit like this happens all the time and by democrat and republican equally.  That’s not the level of fraud being referred to.  

There have been no others since I became an Election Judge.

Good for you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The Democrats know it, and the Republicans know it too.  Who has most to gain from that?  Republicans.  They get to put in someone more electable, like Ron DeSantis, governor of the state where the raid took place.

In this case we then have Dems and Reps joined ranks to get rid of the Riddler. People need to wake up and realise that Trump was never a Democrat or Republican. In fact he did a huge amount of damage to the Republican party. While I am not a fan of DeSantis, I believe he could get the Republican party back to being a Republican Party again instead of a private Enerprise of a Reality "star" and wannabe dictator.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Are you happy to take the FBIs word on this?

Nope.  Trust is not on the menu.

Scrutiny of due process is next.  The Constitution lays out a pretty specific course that must be followed to stay within the bounds of due process.   No secret trials or disappearances.  If Trump gets charged over this, it will be public, and his capable lawyers can dispute it based on the Constitution. Donald Trump has enough money to buy thev ery best legal scholars as his representatives.  This will be but the latest test of the Constitution.   That concept of no one being above the law goes as far back as Jefferson. 

Trump and Biden are dust in the wind, concerns of the present.   Preserving the Constitution in the full light of public observation is the thing that will preserve our republic.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Soon we'll have 87,000 armed IRS agents to go after Americans.  That sounds more like a dictatorship. 

Remember the Whiskey Rebellion that Washington put down?  The republic has the right to levy and collect taxes.  I believe you will find that in the Constitution. 

If you think any law sounds like dictatorship, how do you support our founding documents that outline powers and boundaries of power assigned to the state? 

If something about this is suspected to be illegal, it will be challenged.  With a Constitutionally conservative Supreme Court, they may decide to reach out and hear the case.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Remember the Whiskey Rebellion that Washington put down?  The republic has the right to levy and collect taxes.  I believe you will find that in the Constitution. 

If you think any law sounds like dictatorship, how do you support our founding documents that outline powers and boundaries of power assigned to the state? 

If something about this is suspected to be illegal, it will be challenged.  With a Constitutionally conservative Supreme Court, they may decide to reach out and hear the case.

What worries me is the alleged election fraud.

When people are facing long prison sentences they will do anything to avoid them. To me that means two outcomes will occur. The first is that there will never ever be another Republican Government in the history of the USA.

Or, all hell will break loose to try and stop them winning this November.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

True enough, but also the way our government was designed to work, the DOJ is supposed to independent

Maybe the attorney general should be an elected position?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That’s all due to the influence by the MSM.  They definitely need to be held accountable for the damage they caused.

I think you are underestimating Trump, thinking that he is not electable.  Who does the Left have left?  The people aren’t going to be fooled with “he’s not Trump” again.  Don’t get me wrong, I fully expect to see DeSantis with his own two terms but this next one is Trump’s.  He’s the only one that can pull this nation out of the fire.  DeSantis would be eviscerated if he tried.  His talents will come out after Trump has stabilized the situation.  And after becoming governor of North Carolina, I want to see Mark Robinson, President after DeSantis for his eight years.  Such a run would raise this nation to another level.  Higher than could ever be conceived.  Prosperity would return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

True enough, but also the way our government was designed to work, the DOJ is supposed to independent, not  the president's hit squad.  If our government works like it should according to the Constitution, Biden does not need to be informed ahead of time.

Or your worst nightmare meme has come alive.  Dark Brandon is on the move. :D

The attorney general, and all political appointees, such as U.S. attorneys, serve at the pleasure of the president of the United States. Or "at will" employees.

Usage goes all the way back to 1789.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked