Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am so tired of the Trump news, he gets fed by the stories whether they are positive or negative about him.  We need to quit feeding the dragon, he thrives on this kind of stuff and he doesn't deserve it.   We need to forget him, put him in his rightful place (a closet or dungeon) and forget about him.

Thanks for doing your part in perpetuating him.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, susieice said:

A reporter on ABC World News Tonight said that Trump has the warrant. I wondered about that. Police have to serve you with a warrant before they can enter your home. Since no one in the Trump family was at Mar-a-Lago, I wonder if and how they did that. Or was serving the Secret Service with the warrant sufficient? They said the manager of Mar-a-lago called Eric Trump when the FBI came in and Eric called his dad. It doesn't sound like any of them knew this was coming. He also said Trump can release the warrant to the public. There is nothing saying he can't do that. Trump does not have the affidavit that the FBI gave the judge to show probable cause. Does he really have the warrant?

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Hi Susieice

My understanding is that his lawyer was present at the search and was likely given the search warrant 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Its dishonest how conservative media acts like they truly care about the judge. We saw with the election overturn attempt that many of Trump's supporters will disown judges even when conservative. If it were a conservative judge you guys will still call the entire thing a conspiracy. 

We witnessed this when many of the election fraud cases where dismissed by conservative judges (some of whom where appointed by Trump himself)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Its dishonest how conservative media acts like they truly care about the judge. We saw with the election overturn attempt that many of Trump's supporters will disown judges even when conservative. If it were a conservative judge you guys will still call the entire thing a conspiracy. 

We witnessed this when many of the election fraud cases where dismissed by conservative judges (some of whom where appointed by Trump himself)

If that tweet is accurate that judge should have recused himself and had the warrant given to another judge.  That was potentially a HUGE mistake on his part.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Man, you see everything as a binary left and right.…

…As I have said before. Its cult like mentality….

…Its a cult like mentality. 

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

If that tweet is accurate that judge should have recused himself and had the warrant given to another judge.  That was potentially a HUGE mistake on his part.

If true, than perhaps. Though it looks like the recusal was in a Trump vs Hillary suit. Different than just approving a search warrant. 

I don't know the full legal requirements around recusal and the process the FBI must go through before a search.

I would be shocked if they didn't take the proper steps when they knew how contraversal of a move it would be. 

My point still stands though. It could be a conservative judge and most of the same people would still call this a conspiracy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Reunhart recused himself in a matter where Hillary Clinton was a defendant.

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Are the people calling the FBI raid a conspiracy not the mostly the same people who call the election a fraud? 

That is undeniable. Therefore the comparison is relevant. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Reunhart recused himself in a matter where Hillary Clinton was a defendant.

And trump was the plaintiff.  Do we know why he recused himself?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Are the people calling the FBI raid a conspiracy not the mostly the same people who call the election a fraud? 

That is undeniable. 

Do you think there's any possibility that this raid could have happened to prevent a 2024 run by trump?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do you think there's any possibility that this raid could have happened to prevent a 2024 run by trump?  

Sure, anything is possible. It's possible that the current FBI director that was appointed by Donald Trump to replace Comley, who Trump fired, decided to raid Trump to try and prevent a 2024 run. But I'd need to see some proof.

Because I did witness Trump attempt to overturn the election. So I have no reason to suspect the FBI raid is unjustified. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It is good to see at least an attempt at holding Trump accountable.  Democracies do that; dictatorships (like Trump seeks) cannot do that.  We are still a functioning democracy, no matter that we are on intensive care.  We're not dead yet.

Doug

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Uh-Oh: Lefty Reporter Asks Meta’s New Chatbot If 2020 Election Was Rigged, Gets Earful

Artificial intelligence (AI) has “bot” into what the Left loves to call the “Big Lie.”

Meta’s recently-launched chatbot known as BlenderBot 3, which uses a cutting-edge language learning model to converse with humans, thinks the 2020 election was stolen.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/uh-oh-lefty-reporter-asks-metas-new-chatbot-if-2020-election-was-rigged-gets-earful

:lol:

I wonder what it thinks about the raid?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It was a search warrant authorization, he wasn't presiding over a case. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No, you are being to polarized and binary in your perception.

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

No, you are being to polarized and binary in your perception.

Do you believe the election was stolen and the FBI raid was a conspiracy? 

16 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Sure, anything is possible. It's possible that the current FBI director that was appointed by Donald Trump to replace Comley, who Trump fired, decided to raid Trump to try and prevent a 2024 run. But I'd need to see some proof.

Because I did witness Trump attempt to overturn the election. So I have no reason to suspect the FBI raid is unjustified. 

Oh I'm sure they believe or knew they had something to look for or they wouldn't have tried to get a warrant.  But I'm thinking if they combed through the (alleged) 30 million documents taken by Obama when he left the white house there would be a good chance that something classified would be in there too, but they would never bother to do that.  Maybe it's a witch hunt, but trump is probably a witch.  At the very least the American public should see that there are some consequences for old Donald.

• Like 3

Some more information that helps elaborate on the classification/declassification of documents by federal employees. For those arguing , I strongly recommend taking a look through the DoDI and associated documents that governs this. 

"Key detail undermines argument Trump declassified documents found at Mar-a-Lago"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/key-detail-undermines-argument-trump-declassified-documents-found-at-mar-a-lago/ar-AA10uIGB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9aaf80b0a2934abda2e70a7e71be2ed4

"Strictly speaking, even if Trump ordered the declassification of the records (verbally or in writing), what is likely to matter for purposes of handling and storing the records after he left the White House was if the mandatory follow-on actions occurred. Classified documents have classification markings in the header and footer of each page, indicating the level of classification for the document as a whole," they noted. "If Trump did in fact order the declassification, he still needed to make sure his staff took the necessary next steps to modify the classification markings on the documents before he could actually handle and store the records (as a private citizen) as if they were unclassified. Under security classification rules, a classification marking on a document has to be treated as valid and binding unless and until a subsequent marking replaces it. Appropriate government staffers would have needed to cross out the classification markings in the headers and footers, and stamped 'declassified' on the record noting when it was declassified, by whom and under what authority. Since that does not appear to have been done with the classified documents reportedly identified to date, the documents remain classified and had to be treated as classified for handling and storage purposes."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

It was a search warrant authorization, he wasn't presiding over a case. 

You're sure that makes a difference?  I doubt it.  But what would make a difference, and why I'm asking, is if he recused himself because of a conflict of interest involving Clinton or Trump.  If it was because of Clinton then probably no harm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh I'm sure they believe or knew they had something to look for or they wouldn't have tried to get a warrant.  But I'm thinking if they combed through the (alleged) 30 million documents taken by Obama when he left the white house there would be a good chance that something classified would be in there too, but they would never bother to do that.  Maybe it's a witch hunt, but trump is probably a witch.  At the very least the American public should see that there are some consequences for old Donald.

Not sure how relevant this specific law is. But it was in Tiggs article. The law would of been different under Obama.

In response to the Hillary Clinton email scandal, Trump himself signed a law in 2018 that made it a felony to remove and retain classified documents.)

• Like 1

You're sure that makes a difference?  I doubt it.  But what would make a difference, and why I'm asking, is if he recused himself because of a conflict of interest involving Clinton or Trump.  If it was because of Clinton then probably no harm.

It doesn't really matter what I think. I'm also not denying the judge may be impartial against the former president. However I do know those in the legal arena are very keen to the meanings of words and phrases. Since this was only a warrant approval for search and seizure, there's no need by the definition.

RECUSAL

re·cus·al
[riˈkyo͞ozəl]
NOUN
NORTH AMERICAN
the withdrawal of a judge, prosecutor, or juror from a case on the grounds that they are unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality:
"prosecutors filed a motion for her recusal in one of the cases"

Recusal Law and Legal Definition Recusal is the act of a judge or prosecutor being removed or excusing one's self from a legal case due to conflict of interest or other good reason. Recusal is governed by federal laws and state laws and codes of ethics, which vary by state

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's nothing secret about Obama's 30 million documents.  The intentention is to have it all digitised.

Thr difference is that it’s funded by the Obama Foundation and not the taxpayer.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked