Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

49 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Eric Trump Says Security Cameras Captured FBI Acting Improperly During Raid

Eric Trump said that the security cameras at Mar-a-Lago caught FBI agents behaving improperly during Monday's raid, alleging that investigators were accessing parts of former President Donald Trump's Florida residence that they "shouldn't have been."

because staff refused to turn off the surveillance cameras at the request of the FBI, the Mar-a-Lago cameras captured agents raiding areas that they weren't authorized to.

"There's 30 agents there," he recalled on Wednesday. "They told our lawyer...'You have to leave the property right now. Turn off all security cameras.'"

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-trump-says-mar-lago-security-cameras-captured-fbi-acting-improperly-during-raid-1732672?amp=1

I'm fairly certain young lad doesn't know the scope of warrant and what was entailed in it. The term "raiding" keeps coming up. There wasn't SWAT teams busting in the place. The FBI submitted their PC information to the judge in their request for a search and seizure warrant. It got approved and they did just that., executed a legally approved warrant for the residence. Again, people with little to no understanding of how things actually work should be really careful before making statements like that. Hell, I wouldn't even quote something that foolish.

• Like 3

The photo is from his own Twitter account. He was hunkered down for an approaching hurricane or something. 

• Haha 1

Well I guess the Oreo part was not photoshopped :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I'm fairly certain young lad doesn't know the scope of warrant and what was entailed in it. The term "raiding" keeps coming up. There wasn't SWAT teams busting in the place. The FBI submitted their PC information to the judge in their request for a search and seizure warrant. It got approved and they did just that., executed a legally approved warrant for the residence. Again, people with little to no understanding of how things actually work should be really careful before making statements like that. Hell, I wouldn't even quote something that foolish.

Trump has a copy of the warrant. I’m sure Eric has access. I’ll have to disagree with your suggestion he “doesn’t know the scope” of it.

Dan Abrams was just on ABC World News Tonight talking about the warrant and the inventory list. Trump is free to release them both and so far hasn't. He was really interested in the affidavit filed by the FBI to obtain the warrant. That will show the probable cause they presented to the judge that a crime had been committed and they could obtain evidence by searching the property. He highly doubts we'll see that.

• Like 4

Report Alleges FBI “Had Personal Stake” in Mar-a-Lago Raid – Agents Were After Spygate Documents Trump Was Holding That Likely Implicated FBI..,,

…,According to Paul Sperry, the FBI agenst spent 9 hours looking for details President Trump took with him on the Crossfire Hurricane FBI spying scandal.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/08/huge-development-report-shows-fbi-personal-stake-mar-lago-raid-agents-spygate-documents-trump-holding-likely-indicted-fbi/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Trump has a copy of the warrant. I’m sure Eric has access. I’ll have to disagree with your suggestion he “doesn’t know the scope” of it.

It's been verified that he has a copy? One would think that if he did he would be tweeting and speaking at length to the media about it. Curious he's been silent. 

Ok, I'll play advocate then. He may have seen the warrant but I'm sure he still doesn't understand the language contained therein.

However, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll have no problem admitting it.

• Like 2

An uptick in pro-trump alt right internet forms calling for violence after FBI sesrch was announced.

In the minutes after news of the search broke, users on pro-Trump forums like TheDonald, a Reddit-like website that was used to provide logistics before the Capitol riot, urged immediate violence, asking questions like “When does the shooting start?” and calling upon Trump to summon militias.

The most popular comment responding to the news, upvoted over 1,200 times, was simply the words “lock and load.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna42148

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Once again, we were told it is documents, but MSM is running with the unverified supposition that it is classified documents.   Of course as RavenHawk mentioned, a president can declassify documents.  Most likely he has to tell somebody when he does that so the government can keep things straight.  I don't think he can do it after the fact and out of office though.  So maybe there is more to it.

Events continue to unfold.   FBI exercised a warrant to seize Rep. Scott Perry's phone a few hours ago. Alex Jones, Scot Perry,  Donald Trump.  The link between those three is Jan. 6 not confidential documents Trump took from the White House.

Will more drop in the next couple of days?  DOJ probably has records secured from the phone providers.  If they serve Gym Jordan next and he has no messages on his phone but ATT has the records, then  they know he has deleted texts, that also might be evidence.  Seems like a classic mafia gang takedown,, all the little guys first then up the chain swiftly before they can run or destroy evidence.  Sad to say.  

I like Republicans, I don't like common crooks or seditious ones. Guess we will see.

Appears recent news proves me wrong.  News sources are still saying this is about classified documents. The Scott Perry warrant was issued by the IG of the DOJ and is likely related to the seizure of  Jeffery Clarke's phone a few weeks ago.   Apparently Perry introduced Clarke to Trump and acted as a go-between.  So this seems unrelated to the Mar-a -Lago search.  News updates will probably make this outdated too.

But I am shocked, shocked I tell you that the Republicans are now outraged about weaponization or corruption of the DOJ.

It was Trump who wanted Jeffery Clarke to write a fictional memo about election fraud as a price for becoming AG.   That is about as meddlesome and corrupt as it gets.

Interesting that Eric Trump says he knows all about the White House and the search warrant for Mar-a-Lago had to be approved by Biden.  There is a blooper, mistake, confession revealing how Trump got involved in the DOJ activities.

If the government is working properly, the President stays out of the DOJ.  Republicans are shocked and amazed to hear that because they view it as a hammer to be used by the president apparently.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Trelane said:

It's been verified that he has a copy? One would think that if he did he would be tweeting and speaking at length to the media about it. Curious he's been silent. 

Ok, I'll play advocate then. He may have seen the warrant but I'm sure he still doesn't understand the language contained therein.

However, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll have no problem admitting it.

Yeah, it’s been reported since yesterday that he has a copy. Today the media is even criticizing Trump for not releasing it himself.

I thought the exact same thing. Yesterday the very first thing I thought of about Trump having the warrant was surprise he hadn’t tweeted it out yet…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

An uptick in pro-trump alt right internet forms calling for violence after FBI sesrch was announced.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna42148

I think that was always a predictable outcome of raiding a former president. 

If there really was imminent danger from Trump then the public should be told as many details as possible. Otherwise it appears to be an attack on democracy.

I think that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd agree (i.e if it was 2017 and the FBI raided Obamas house).

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

There is also talk that it was Melania and she is looking for a divorce.

Well then that is one possible reason they searched Melania's wardrobe.   She tipped them off that she had stashed some corroborating evidence in a coat pocket.

You know what they say about the fury or a woman scorned, and a Slavic one at that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, it’s been reported since yesterday that he has a copy. Today the media is even criticizing Trump for not releasing it himself.

I thought the exact same thing. Yesterday the very first thing I thought of about Trump having the warrant was surprise he hadn’t tweeted it out yet…

I have to say Candice asked very relevant questions and Trump deflects. In my opinion Trump does appear to have something to hide, either that or he is too scared to speak on social media about this issue.

Edit: especially because Candice is such a big supporter and Trump had the opportunity to hit some of these questions out of the park, but choose not to

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Well, he doesn't have to and his lawyers may be advising against it.  It might be embarrassing even if not illegal.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

If there really was imminent danger from Trump then the public should be told as many details as possible. Otherwise it appears to be an attack on democracy.

I think that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd agree (i.e if it was 2017 and the FBI raided Obamas house).

I don't think you did it intentionally. But you made a strawman here.

A FBI search warrant does not mean that their was "imminent danger from Trump."  No one claimed that.

Details will come out as it goes. There is no way the FBI did not know this would make them targets of conservatives, so I'm sure they dotted their i's and crossed their ts.

On the other foot I wouldn't care. I thought investigating Hillary was entirely justified. 

The FBI doing their job is not an attack on democracy (once again, the FBI director was appointed by Trump after Trump fired the other guy). An attack on democracy is when Trump tries to pressure the DOJ to make election fraud claims. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The FBI doing their job is not an attack on democracy (once again, the FBI director was appointed by Trump after Trump fired the other guy). An attack on democracy is when Trump tries to pressure the DOJ to make election fraud cliams. 

But the FBI selectively enforcing the law for the express purpose of preventing a political candidate from running again is an attack on democracy.

I know you don't believe that is a possibility, but many do.

Once again, I think the FBI would protect Mitch McConnell just as much as they would Hillary Clinton, so its not exactly a partisan issue, it's more a swamp thing. If you're in the swamp you're on their side

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are doing their best to spin this.

“Trump Supporters Are Calling for Civil War After FBI Search of Mar-a-Lago”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d39zq/trump-supporters-civil-war-fbi-search-mar-a-lago

This is like every other hour with the left, anytime someone doesn’t put their pronouns in their bio or they are ready to burn the US down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

But the FBI selectively enforcing the law for the express purpose of preventing a political candidate from running again is an attack on democracy.

I know you don't believe that is a possibility, but many do.

Once again, I think the FBI would protect Mitch McConnell just as much as they would Hillary Clinton, so its not exactly a partisan issue, it's more a swamp thing. If your in the swamp your on their side

Do you have evidence that the FBI is selectively enforcing the law?

The director was appointed by Trump and a conservative Congress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you have evidence that the FBI is selectively enforcing the law?

The director was appointed by Trump and a conservative Congress.

The fact that they've had Hunters laptop for a year or 2 with so many illegal activities on the hard drive, yet no action taken.

The fact that they visited Trump 2 months ago and have now raided his house based on "evidence" they saw.

The severity and time frames speak for themselves. In fact, I am sure Hunter will get off without even a warning 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I have to say Candice asked very relevant questions and Trump deflects. In my opinion Trump does appear to have something to hide, either that or he is too scared to speak on social media about this issue.

Edit: especially because Candice is such a big supporter and Trump had the opportunity to hit some of these questions out of the park, but choose not to

It just sounds like normal Trump ramblings to me. Do you mean he could have named names and spilled secrets? 

7 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Right now I think the DOJ has said as much as they can.  I don't mean it as an excuse, but it is incumbent on them to protect the rights of Donald Trump too.  If they say that they were looking for X and they found it right where their source said it would be,  that could prejudice everybody including the jury  if it comes to trial.  Not because I believe they are all great guys, but because it jeopardizes any future case.  A good Trump lawyer could get a mistrial at least if they leak details that would taint public opinion.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It just sounds like normal Trump ramblings to me. Do you mean he could have named names and spilled secrets? 

Yes I know it's not exactly out of character. But he was served up some soft ball questions and examples of the FBI misrepresenting situations, plotting and planning illegal activity. Trump came off as unconcerned about illegal or immoral activity in the FBI.

If he was entirely "innocent" you'd think he would go harder about the situation 

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked