Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

29 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I think that was always a predictable outcome of raiding a former president. 

If there really was imminent danger from Trump then the public should be told as many details as possible. Otherwise it appears to be an attack on democracy.

I think that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd agree (i.e if it was 2017 and the FBI raided Obamas house).

Attack on democracy? Can you explain that part further please?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

According to Paul Sperry, the FBI agenst spent 9 hours looking for details President Trump took with him on the Crossfire Hurricane FBI spying scandal.

And his source is what?  Is he the only guy in the media that knows what they were looking for?  Donald Trump's lawyers were not allowed to accompany the searchers, so it is doubtful that anyone will know what they were after until Donald Trump tells us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I have above. If this raids purpose is to prevent Trump running in 2024 then they have interfered with democracy

Edit. You seem confused. Maybe read the posts before commenting?

Edited by Knob Oddy

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Right now I think the DOJ has said as much as they can.  I don't mean it as an excuse, but it is incumbent on them to protect the rights of Donald Trump too.  If they say that they were looking for X and they found it right where their source said it would be,  that could prejudice everybody including the jury  if it comes to trial.  Not because I believe they are all great guys, but because it jeopardizes any future case.  A good Trump lawyer could get a mistrial at least if they leak details that would taint public opinion.  

Fair point. But I'd say that unless there was a clear and present danger caused by Trumps actions or inactions, then this raid makes no sense.

They have created a dangerous situation by conducting the raid. 

If it was only a minor infraction (like having an illegal server in the basement to store your government emails) then handling the situation diplomatically would be the prudent move. An email to trumps lawyer saying "please destroy or hand over X to avoid FBI actions like a raid" would be appropriate 

11 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I have above. If this raids purpose is to prevent Trump running in 2024 then they have interfered with democracy

Edit. You seem confused. Maybe read the posts before commenting?

Well if there is some nefarious collusion afoot , then sure. None of that has been shown to be true. Just lots of speculation by both sides.

I'm not remotely confused, just multi tasking and your post had populated as the most recent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 5

If chicken little tells you that the sky was falling

Even if it wasn't would you still come crawling back again

I bet you would my friend 

Again and again and again 

~ AEROSMITH

That's exactly how things have been going since 2016. I hope it's legit and you're not falling for a ruse, again. I really do because if there isn't something incredibly convincing found in this search... IDK, there just better be something big. The precedent is too important.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That's exactly how things have been going since 2016. I hope it's legit and you're not falling for a ruse, again. I really do because if there isn't something incredibly convincing found in this search... IDK, there just better be something big. The precedent is too important.

I agree with your sentiment, but I have a nagging suspicion that the Feds raided Trump to get a reaction.

I wouldn't put it past the Feds to bus in some armed "Trump supporters" to create the reaction they are seeking. 

Why would armed protesters head to mar-a-lago considering the FBI are long gone? 

I would be very wary of joining any sort of protest movement in regards to this issue, especially after the governor kidnapping plot and the U Haul Feds in Washington. You may be genuine, but as seen with the Jan 6th, no distinction is made between those who caused harm and those who didn't 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Like anything else, it can be abused.

Calling it "abuse" when it comes to trump is like calling leprosy a minor skin rash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I agree with your sentiment, but I have a nagging suspicion that the Feds raided Trump to get a reaction.

I wouldn't put it past the Feds to bus in some armed "Trump supporters" to create the reaction they are seeking. 

Why would armed protesters head to mar-a-lago considering the FBI are long gone? 

I would be very wary of joining any sort of protest movement in regards to this issue, especially after the governor kidnapping plot and the U Haul Feds in Washington. You may be genuine, but as seen with the Jan 6th, no distinction is made between those who caused harm and those who didn't 

To be clear, I wasn't addressing your post. It looks like you may have thought that? Anyhow, I agree with you. It's awful to consider the possibility that there is a long game being played intended to provoke but I can't argue for or against that being the case, so I won't. 

As for the topic at hand, I reserve judgement at the moment. I have a gut feeling that it's a ruse or something petty at best. I just don't know so I'll remain neutral on it until more is known. My only firm opinion is that it better be something big. 13 pages on this thread and nobody knows anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Sure, trump and his bumbling bent knees attacked democracy like trying to steal a fair election and trying to insite insurection just 2 of countless examples.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

You might be onto something there were dolts outside marlago with signs reading "in trump we trust" which at the time i thought i bet trump the megalomaniac paid them to be there and thought up the signs wordage himself because i would have a hard time believing even his most head bowed knee bent subjects would place trump before God, wait...sure they would. Okay nevermind.

What never ceases to amaze me is how so many people still believe Trumps' oh so obvious BS.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

If chicken little tells you that the sky was falling

Even if it wasn't would you still come crawling back again

I bet you would my friend 

Again and again and again 

~ AEROSMITH

Sure but it has little to nothing to do with junk trump took from the whitehouse.

I will sound like david bowman in 2010 ...something is going to happen...something wonderful.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Sure but it has little to nothing to do with junk trump took from the whitehouse.

Enlighten us. What are you privy to that we aren't?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't mean it as an excuse, but it is incumbent on them to protect the rights of Donald Trump too. 

Or cover their A&&.  They’ve already proved they care nothing for the rights of the private citizen.  Just wait until the armed IRS agents are set lose on the public.

If they say that they were looking for X and they found it right where their source said it would be, 

They found their cover story.  Now go raid Obama’s house for the 30 million documents he left with.  It would be interesting if Trump allowed that information to be known?  Everyone knows that the Left can’t help themselves and Trump led them around on a short leash??  Trump is going to drain the swamp one way or the other.  As I’ve been saying, Dick Morris who worked on the campaigns of both Clinton (Bill) and Trump.  He thinks that Trump is a mean SOB but that he plays within the lines.  The Left does not play fair.  This is something we’ve known for 7 years now.

ETA: looks like the FBI already knew the location of the storage room and even requested that a lock be put on the door.  Lucy…you’ve got some splaining to do.

that could prejudice everybody including the jury  if it comes to trial. 

It was the raid that has prejudice most people against the FBI and the government.  The Left didn’t think their Shee-it stunk and yet it doesn’t take much for the public to be turned off by their shenanigans.  By their arrogant self-importance.

Not because I believe they are all great guys, but because it jeopardizes any future case. 

There is no future case.  We learned that the first time around.  That’s the point that everyone but the rabid Left knows.  If you still think there is a chance to get rid of Trump, then you might already be rabid Left.  Here’s your sign.

A good Trump lawyer could get a mistrial at least if they leak details that would taint public opinion.  

Even a poor lawyer could get a mistrial.

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

What never ceases to amaze me is how so many people still believe Trumps' oh so obvious BS.

On the contrary, people can see when Trump is bull****ting. Its refreshing to have a politician that cannot lie without everyone being able to spot it!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Consider his subjects, here is what a cat i know said way back and it sums it up...

uncle al on trump

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Fair point. But I'd say that unless there was a clear and present danger caused by Trumps actions or inactions, then this raid makes no sense.

They have created a dangerous situation by conducting the raid. 

If it was only a minor infraction (like having an illegal server in the basement to store your government emails) then handling the situation diplomatically would be the prudent move. An email to trumps lawyer saying "please destroy or hand over X to avoid FBI actions like a raid" would be appropriate 

Also fair point.  I suppose one could assume the clear and present danger could be destruction of the documents or  an unfriendly nation getting a hold of them.  But I agree with you, this is too much chaos for a petty case.  Is there more to it that we will find out?  Things are moving fast, so we may not have to wait long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Enlighten us. What are you privy to that we aren't?

You me everyone in this thread is speculating and guessing some are from the mindset of orange tinted shades others are just thinking with common sense,

You are "privy" to all the info that i am i cant speak for your motivations but i dont have a horse in this race past if a person is guilty then bust them if not move on,

apply common sense how long has trump been kicked out of the whitehouse, if the feds were interested in things he took then they would have come to get it back in a few weeks parhaps a month of him getting the boot,

This is either something big that highly likely will be really bad for the marmalaid dom or a huge epic screw up by witch hunters, what a person thinks is more likely again depends on the tint of their sunglasses.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

If the American people are p***ed and give him money, they will really be p***ed (maybe even get out the pitchforks) when they find out the money is not for what he claims it is.   People are idiots to send him money for anything.

I sadly disagree, the type person who worships trump enough to send a millionaire with his seedy rep their $$$ will make some lame empty excuse if ahem when it comes out he was grifting them.

• Like 1

Its interesting looking at this in comparisons to what I remember from 2016. 

On Oct 28, a few days before the election, FBI director Comley sent a letter to Congress saying that they found new emails that they believe are relevant to the Clinton case.

At the time many people claimed that costed her the election and was inappropriate for the FBI to do. That was during Obama's admin.

Trump later went on to fire Comley. And replaced him with the current FBI director who oversaw the search on Trump's mansion. And now Trump supporters are saying this is to try and hurt his election chances.

It really just looks like to me that people are mad at the FBI whenever they do anything lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

They’ve already proved they care nothing for the rights of the private citizen.  Just wait until the armed IRS agents are set lose on the public.

What does the IRS have to do with this and why do you, a 2A supporter object to LEO's being able to protect themselves?  The IRS is already unleashed on the public bud, and they are accountants.  You fear them if you are cheating, and there is a good chance they will find out.  But they are not part of the FBI, so why does this come up?

19 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Now go raid Obama’s house for the 30 million documents he left with

Well check your facts, was Obama given permission to digitize them for his presidential library?   Did Obama let the Archive know what he was taking or just have his minions load it in boxes?  Was he known for eating flushing and tearing up government records?  I don't think so. It is not comparable.

Two conflicting things.  First, Trump is a populist and many people support his ideas.   He did a lot for conservatives.  Second, he has been operating as a single all powerful executive who does not comply with oversight for his entire career.  It is sad that one guy could have such adversarial sides.  Its like finding out your favorite Uncle Charlie is a child molester, a giut punch for Trump supporters.   There are smart honest conservatives without this much of a dark side you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked