Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida

acidhead

30 minutes ago, the13bats said:

what a person thinks is more likely again depends on the tint of their sunglasses.

Well you spoke very matter-of-factly and you seem confident that this is the real deal. Maybe it is, I dont know but if you don't see possibility that the fbi would pull political shenanigans then you're naive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing I hate most about Trump is his smiling, smug demeamor when he tells an obvious lie.

The whole dang audience knows it's a lie, but his supporters lap it up as truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Well, it’s not just a legal maneuver used by mafiosos. But yes, a potential consequence of pleading the fifth is that jurors or public opinion might take it as a sign of guilt. However, legally the lack of a testimony cannot be used as evidence of guilt in a court of law.. Another trade-off it’s that pleading the fifth also prevents  someone from the opportunity to defend themselves. 

It’s also not just people facing trial that can plead the fifth. Witnesses testifying against someone else can also plead the fifth, if their testimony might be self incriminating. Lastly, it’s also hinged on the perception of the defendant for potential prosecution -

“In the 2001 case Ohio v. Reiner, the U.S. Supreme Court held that "a witness may have a reasonable fear of prosecution and yet be innocent of any wrongdoing. “

https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-rights/fifth-amendment-right-against-self-incrimination.html

In Trump's opinion though; https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-pleads-fifth-after-saying-only-guilty-people-do-1732549

'Only guilty people plead the fifth".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is with his supporters anyway?

Is it a "white nationalist" ideology, or something else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Lesser news is that the FBI allegedly subpoened a couple PA republican lawmakers as well.

Federal investigators delivered subpoenas or paid visits to several House and Senate Republican offices in the Pennsylvania Capitol on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to multiple sources.

At least some of the individuals receiving subpoenas were told they were not targets of an investigation, according to at least six sources reached by PennLive, but that they may have information of interest to the FBI. All of the sources had been briefed on the investigative moves in some way, but demanded anonymity in order to discuss them.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_wlfvl1?app_name=android&token=AQAADrH0Yljxzsy3A0NjnMxCjD_IIQUcyRWjwY0tT4J2spddpa5Y&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pennlive.com%2Fnews%2F2022%2F08%2Ffbi-delivers-subpoenas-to-several-pa-republican-lawmakers-sources-say.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I think that was for the fake electors rather than the misappropriated documents.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, time for a break...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Well you spoke very matter-of-factly and you seem confident that this is the real deal. Maybe it is, I dont know but if you don't see possibility that the fbi would pull political shenanigans then you're naive.

I dont get too hung up on mine or anyones forum semantics, i do matter of factly believe something is going to happen but i never said what that will be, im open to possibilities.

But if anyone doesnt see the highly likely possibility that trump has pulled countless illegal shenanigans and very well might be getting ready to be busted on who knows what then they are credulous, naive, ignorant, lying or all of those.

Something has to give either trump or FBI get busted where i differ to trump worshippers if the FBI fails i wont cry and scream at the clouds CT bs about trump appointed that FBI guy so he let trump slide, nope i will blame the fbi for doing an incompetent job,

Where if they do find dirt on trump his subjects will yell CT at the sky about it being a set up and planted evidence BS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pallidin said:

The thing I hate most about Trump is his smiling, smug demeamor when he tells an obvious lie.

The whole dang audience knows it's a lie, but his supporters lap it up as truth.

They would lap irange kool aid if he asked them to or raid a cap building either or or both.

Stop everyone. The FBI is under the direct control of the Department of Justice.

FBI warrants are dealt with very carefully.

THERE IS NO POLITICAL ELEMENTS INVOLVED.

It is a criminal investigation regarding the possible transfer and retention of Top-Secret documents.

Congress specifically forbids this behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well then that is one possible reason they searched Melania's wardrobe.   She tipped them off that she had stashed some corroborating evidence in a coat pocket.

You know what they say about the fury or a woman scorned, and a Slavic one at that.

Lets be fair don treated mel like a queen always kind and loving to her never condescending never cheated on her with countless sex trade workers making her look riduculous to the entire world no reason i can think of mel would be cross and want to dump donny.

• Haha 2

Probable cause…. translation..   probly cause he’s guilty.

• Like 1

The Nixon Library did not release the final batch of his secret tapes until 2013 — 39 years after Nixon was driven from office. The Lyndon B. Johnson Library delayed releasing the final batch of his secret tapes of presidential conversations until 2016 — 47 years after he left office.…

…..Obama White House lawyers repeatedly invoked the Presidential Records Act to “delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House,” Politico reported. At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians. 

More than five years after Obama’s presidency ended, the National Archives webpage reveals that zero pages have been digitized and disclosed. People can file requests via the Freedom of Information Act (a law Obama helped wreck) to access Obama records, but responses from presidential libraries can be delayed for years, even more than a decade, if the information is classified.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/fbi-trump-raid-exposes-washingtons-secrecy-shams/

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

Whataboutisms are so efficiently deployed by trumpers....It's almost laughable...

Thank you.

Which begs the question:

What, exactly, are Trump supporters actually supporting???

Do tell. And please don't use catch phases such as "the truth"

I want specifics, or is that too hard?

Let me see if I've got this right...

Trump is functionally incapable of telling the truth, or bring involved in any way, with truth

Pathological liar... oops, did I reveal the obvious?.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Whataboutisms are so efficiently deployed by trumpers....It's almost laughable...

Huh, I thought the left was well versed in the injustice of disparities, 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The Nixon Library did not release the final batch of his secret tapes until 2013 — 39 years after Nixon was driven from office. The Lyndon B. Johnson Library delayed releasing the final batch of his secret tapes of presidential conversations until 2016 — 47 years after he left office.…

…..Obama White House lawyers repeatedly invoked the Presidential Records Act to “delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House,” Politico reported. At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians. 

More than five years after Obama’s presidency ended, the National Archives webpage reveals that zero pages have been digitized and disclosed. People can file requests via the Freedom of Information Act (a law Obama helped wreck) to access Obama records, but responses from presidential libraries can be delayed for years, even more than a decade, if the information is classified.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/fbi-trump-raid-exposes-washingtons-secrecy-shams/

All speculation at this point. But still worth pointing out again.

In response to the Hillary Clinton email scandal, Trump himself signed a law in 2018 that made it a felony to remove and retain classified documents.)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pallidin said:

Yes, he has a smug demeanor.  But if you take the time to learn about him, you can also see an honest, good heart.  That’s not why he was elected.  People voted for his policies and his ability to see them through (promises made, promises kept).  He puts America first.  Trump doesn’t lie, at least not at the level that the previous Administration did or the current Administration does.  Yes, Trump could tell some whoppers, but they never hurt the American people, like “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”.  Or the latest one is that we had 0% inflation.  It’s at 8.1%.  It just didn’t go up last month.  Nothing has changed so it will continue going up.  That hurts Americans.  The one before that was that this latest bill would not raise taxes on anyone making less than 400k.  If that is the case, then why are 87k armed IRS agents needed with the authority to use deadly force?  You just need a team of accountants to go after the uber wealthy.  And most of those are democrat donors.  I have never seen Trump purposely try to manipulate the people to go against their own interests.  Unlike the current Administration is doing pushing this Green New Deal (Agenda 2030) down our throats while touting the Smails Exhortation mantra, impoverishing everyone but the ruling elite.  In fact, this NGD is perhaps more detrimental to mankind than it is beneficial to the planet.  So when someone says that Trump lies, I can’t help but laugh when put into perspective.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

I sadly disagree, the type person who worships trump enough to send a millionaire with his seedy rep their $$$ will make some lame empty excuse if ahem when it comes out he was grifting them.

Maybe, like the televangelists and "pastors" who get tons of money from people so they can live big, like Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, Franklin Graham, Benny Hinn, "Bishop" TD Jakes, Rick Warren etc.   It just bothers me that like these televangelists and "pastors" he thinks he has a right to bilk people and even more bothersome that people are stupid enough to feed them, some even when they are eating cat food themselves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, he has a smug demeanor.  But if you take the time to learn about him, you can also see an honest, good heart.  That’s not why he was elected.  People voted for his policies and his ability to see them through (promises made, promises kept).  He puts America first.  Trump doesn’t lie, at least not at the level that the previous Administration did or the current Administration does.  Yes, Trump could tell some whoppers, but they never hurt the American people, like “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”.  Or the latest one is that we had 0% inflation.  It’s at 8.1%.  It just didn’t go up last month.  Nothing has changed so it will continue going up.  That hurts Americans.  The one before that was that this latest bill would not raise taxes on anyone making less than 400k.  If that is the case, then why are 87k armed IRS agents needed with the authority to use deadly force?  You just need a team of accountants to go after the uber wealthy.  And most of those are democrat donors.  I have never seen Trump purposely try to manipulate the people to go against their own interests.  Unlike the current Administration is doing pushing this Green New Deal (Agenda 2030) down our throats while touting the Smails Exhortation mantra, impoverishing everyone but the ruling elite.  In fact, this NGD is perhaps more detrimental to mankind than it is beneficial to the planet.  So when someone says that Trump lies, I can’t help but laugh when put into perspective.

So this has NOTHING to do with truth, rather everything to do with Republicans versus Democrats.

How disgusting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

Which begs the question:

What, exactly, are Trump supporters actually supporting???

Do tell. And please don't use catch phases such as "the truth"

I want specifics, or is that too hard?

15 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So this has NOTHING to do with truth, rather everything to do with Republicans versus Democrats.

How disgusting.

Edited by el midgetron
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to FBI Raids Donald Trump's House in Mar-a-Lago, Florida
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked