Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Helping People Escape a Rabbit Hole of Conspiracy Theories

rashore

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Interacting with someone who believes in conspiracy theories such as chemtrails, flat earth, and reptilian aliens can be frustrating, especially for families and friends. It is difficult not to become impatient and react with anger. Even more frustrating, using logic and reason to convince a believer that their belief is wrong typically backfires. Cognitive dissonance kicks in, forcing the person to double down on their beliefs and dismiss any contrary evidence as “fake news.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/freedom-mind/202208/helping-people-escape-rabbit-hole-conspiracy-theories

• Like 2

The earth is flat and there was never a "moon landing".  You have to be pretty dumb to believe otherwise. ;)

• Haha 3

I don't know, me and my girlfriend Anna Conda are pretty open to explanations.

It doesnt have to be pidgon holed labled as CT a persons belief is just that be it in religion, aliens, bigfoot, paranormal whatever it may be if its real to that person and not completly ruining their life why try to change their mind.

I dont go into claims on here saying a person is lying as there are far too many possible prosaic explanaion to things, i ask for supportive evidence as i have my own flaws i cant believe stories at face value and each day that passes it gets worse more and more jaded as i see more and more people are full of it.

• Like 3

They say conspiracy theorists are dumb but they have less myocarditis 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

t doesnt have to be pidgon holed labled as CT a persons belief is just that be it in religion, aliens, bigfoot, paranormal whatever it may be if its real to that person and not completly ruining their life why try to change their mind.

That is one of your best posts bats imo, everyone is entitled to their opinion or belief and who cares if self labeled superior people don't agree.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Maybe from letting their fears, stress out ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 9:09 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Got any evidence to support that? I doubt it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Got any evidence to support that? I doubt it.

Absolutely not, by the way, the next jabs are due, hope you keep safe. 

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Absolutely not, by the way, the next jabs are due, hope you keep safe. 

Of course you have nothing to support your bizarre incorrect ramblings.

And you are clearly out of touch - the next jabs have been available for some time. There are plenty of new jabs along the way for influenza, shingles, pneumonia, and possibly even a wide spectrum coronavirus jab using a newly invented vaccine technology - not mRNA.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, stereologist said:

Of course you have nothing to support your bizarre incorrect ramblings.

And you are clearly out of touch - the next jabs have been available for some time. There are plenty of new jabs along the way for influenza, shingles, pneumonia, and possibly even a wide spectrum coronavirus jab using a newly invented vaccine technology - not mRNA.

I was only joking. Of course there's tons of evidence. Start here if you like: https://markcrispinmiller.substack.com?r=1mp3na&utm_medium=ios