Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Helping People Escape a Rabbit Hole of Conspiracy Theories

rashore

Interacting with someone who believes in conspiracy theories such as chemtrails, flat earth, and reptilian aliens can be frustrating, especially for families and friends. It is difficult not to become impatient and react with anger. Even more frustrating, using logic and reason to convince a believer that their belief is wrong typically backfires. Cognitive dissonance kicks in, forcing the person to double down on their beliefs and dismiss any contrary evidence as “fake news.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/freedom-mind/202208/helping-people-escape-rabbit-hole-conspiracy-theories

• Like 3

The earth is flat and there was never a "moon landing".  You have to be pretty dumb to believe otherwise. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I don't know, me and my girlfriend Anna Conda are pretty open to explanations.

• Haha 1

It doesnt have to be pidgon holed labled as CT a persons belief is just that be it in religion, aliens, bigfoot, paranormal whatever it may be if its real to that person and not completly ruining their life why try to change their mind.

I dont go into claims on here saying a person is lying as there are far too many possible prosaic explanaion to things, i ask for supportive evidence as i have my own flaws i cant believe stories at face value and each day that passes it gets worse more and more jaded as i see more and more people are full of it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

t doesnt have to be pidgon holed labled as CT a persons belief is just that be it in religion, aliens, bigfoot, paranormal whatever it may be if its real to that person and not completly ruining their life why try to change their mind.

That is one of your best posts bats imo, everyone is entitled to their opinion or belief and who cares if self labeled superior people don't agree.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

They say conspiracy theorists are dumb but they have less myocarditis 

Maybe from letting their fears, stress out ?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Got any evidence to support that? I doubt it.

Absolutely not, by the way, the next jabs are due, hope you keep safe. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, stereologist said:

Never happening.

I suggest you listen to the SGU on this issue

You mean Star Gate Universe ? Nah mate that would just make it worse...

On 8/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

They say conspiracy theorists are dumb but they have less myocarditis 

Especially the dead ones.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:31 PM, Unusual Tournament said:

You mean Star Gate Universe ? Nah mate that would just make it worse...

Obvious the SGU I referred to is not whatever you mentioned.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Obvious the SGU I referred to is not whatever you mentioned.

My mistake. Complete misunderstanding 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

My mistake. Complete misunderstanding 

That's okay. It happens in a place where discussions are brief and subject to misinterpretations.

• Like 2

Interacting with someone who believes in conspiracy theories such as chemtrails, flat earth, and reptilian aliens can be frustrating, especially for families and friends. It is difficult not to become impatient and react with anger. Even more frustrating, using logic and reason to convince a believer that their belief is wrong typically backfires. Cognitive dissonance kicks in, forcing the person to double down on their beliefs and dismiss any contrary evidence as “fake news"

Equally, interacting with people who refuse to believe in conspiracy theories is exactly the same. They refuse to listen and double down on their opinions.

I mean, Epstien didn't kill himself, but if you believe the government and media, yes he did. Who is the conspiracy theorist in that case? The people who acknowledge that none of epstiens politician and business leader clients have been prosecuted for their actions? Or the people who believe that Epstien killed himself?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Equally, interacting with people who refuse to believe in conspiracy theories is exactly the same. They refuse to listen and double down on their opinions.

I mean, Epstien didn't kill himself, but if you believe the government and media, yes he did. Who is the conspiracy theorist in that case? The people who acknowledge that none of epstiens politician and business leader clients have been prosecuted for their actions? Or the people who believe that Epstien killed himself?

Yes Epstein killed himself. That's okay. Saved the government lots of money dealing with that scum.

Lots of worthless criminals such as Trump should learn from Epstein's example and do the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Yes Epstein killed himself. That's okay. Saved the government lots of money dealing with that scum.

Lots of worthless criminals such as Trump should learn from Epstein's example and do the same.

Weird how his neck was broken....

What is your conspiracy theory as to why none of his clients have faced legal action?

17 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Weird how his neck was broken....

What is your conspiracy theory as to why none of his clients have faced legal action?

his neck wasn't broken.....

lack of evidence? a name in a book isn't evidence of criminality. FYI. 

Edited by Robotic Jew

Clicked on article. Thought it was about UFO's or paranormal opinions, not author's political agenda.

Edited by Bed of chaos