Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leftists Dominate FBI Top 10 Domestic Terror List, Despite Warnings About Far Right

el midgetron

The FBI has sounded the alarm about white supremacists and far-right extremists, but the bureau’s own Top 10 “most wanted domestic terrorists” list includes at least two Communists, three black nationalists, one anti-war activist, and a vegan eco-terrorist.

While the diverse roster doesn’t purport to capture the breadth of domestic terror, it seems at odds with federal law enforcement’s claims that white supremacists pose the biggest threat facing the nation. Some skeptics are accusing the bureau of exaggerating the threat by adopting a misleading definition of such ideologies.

“In the FBI’s view, the top domestic violence extremist threat comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocated for the superiority of the White race,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said last year.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/leftists-dominate-fbi-top-10-domestic-terror-list-despite-warnings-about-far-right

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorism

• Like 2

You have to scroll down a bit on the FBI page to view the domestic terrorists,

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The FBI has sounded the alarm about white supremacists and far-right extremists, but the bureau’s own Top 10 “most wanted domestic terrorists” list includes at least two Communists, three black nationalists, one anti-war activist, and a vegan eco-terrorist.

I'm quite impressed with the diversity.  So much better than your usual white nationalist who hasn't seen a dentist for 10 or 20 years :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

You have to scroll down a bit on the FBI page to view the domestic terrorists,

This link corresponds with the list 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/dt

White supremacy does appear to be a more concerning threat to be honest. Looking at the list, some crimes were decades ago, some corruption and embezzlement. The two murdered and the bank robber would indeed be a danger to the public but I would say everyone else on the list does not pose a bigger threat than even the idea of whit supremacy let alone people who act on those beliefs, to the general public. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This link corresponds with the list 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/dt

White supremacy does appear to be a more concerning threat to be honest. Looking at the list, some crimes were decades ago, some corruption and embezzlement. The two murdered and the bank robber would indeed be a danger to the public but I would say everyone else on the list does not pose a bigger threat than even the idea of whit supremacy let alone people who act on those beliefs, to the general public. 

I don’t see any white Supremacists on the list. Seems like if it was such grave threat today, one such individual  would take precedence over these decades old offenders.

20 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I don’t see any white Supremacists on the list. Seems like if it was such grave threat today, one such individual  would take precedence over these decades old offenders.

There's none in the top ten (9? - one captured) overall that I first linked to either. All but one are murderers. One killed his wife within 24 hours after marrying her, another a kid. I can see why they get the attention.

In the streets, and while supporting Trump, white supremacy would be a police problem wouldn't it? The FBI has investigated the depth of white supremacy within the forces. I could be wrong but it more sounds like a matter of jurisdiction, and cleaning ones own backyard before starting on others 

The FBI has investigated the depth of white supremacy within the forces.

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There's none in the top ten (9? - one captured) overall that I first linked to either. All but one are murderers. One killed his wife within 24 hours after marrying her, another a kid. I can see why they get the attention.

In the streets, and while supporting Trump, white supremacy would be a police problem wouldn't it? The FBI has investigated the depth of white supremacy within the forces. I could be wrong but it more sounds like a matter of jurisdiction, and cleaning ones own backyard before starting on others 

The FBI has investigated the depth of white supremacy within the forces.

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

So white Supremacists are not more of a problem that the perpetrators of “decades ago” offenses? 

6 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So white Supremacists are not more of a problem that the perpetrators of “decades ago” offenses? 

Again it depends on the situation and immediate threat and whom is threatened, and as such is it actually FBI jurisdiction? 

Have a look at the descriptions yourself. 

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

You're confusing the thematic threat with the threat from specific known individuals.

The 2015 Paris attackers wouldn't have been on anyone's top ten list.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The left is the bigger threat in America.  Not news to me.:gun:

It's harder to stop mental disorders.

So some of yall believe that the FBI is both going after leftist domestic terrorist but also are political hacks who are controlled by leftist because they raided one of Trump's mansions? Lol.

Makes complete sense :whistle:.

Maybe the FBI is just doing their job.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Portre said:

I'm quite impressed with the diversity.  So much better than your usual white nationalist who hasn't seen a dentist for 10 or 20 years :D

I don't think it is better or worse that minorities who haven't seen a dentist for 10 to 20 years are the most violent.  

49 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So some of yall believe that the FBI is both going after leftist domestic terrorist but also are political hacks who are controlled by leftist because they raided one of Trump's mansions? Lol.

They are acting as partisan agents of the Democrat party. That doesn’t mean if some crazy leftist does terrorism that the FBI will just ignore it. 

Wasn’t it just earlier today you were accusing someone of being binary and polar in their views? But now you are lumping everyone on the political left together and considering them equivalent in order to support your argument.

Just now, el midgetron said:

They are acting as partisan agents of the Democrat party. That doesn’t mean if some crazy leftist does terrorism that the FBI will just ignore it. 

Wasn’t it just earlier today you were accusing someone of being binary and polar in their views? But now you are lumping everyone on the political left together and considering them equivalent in order to support your argument.

I'm pointing out your own logic to yourself (and others here with similar views to your own) in hopes that you will see the inconsistencies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm pointing out your own logic to yourself (and others here with similar views to your own) in hopes that you will see the inconsistencies. 

I just explained it again. The Democrat party isn’t an umbrella organization that includes every radical animal right terrorist.

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Pretty sure I was against the left before trump was ever involved in politics.  My first memory of hating the left has to go back to the mid '70's :gun:

Born and raised during the cold war.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

Just now, el midgetron said:

I just explained it again. The Democrat party isn’t an umbrella organization that includes every radical animal right terrorist.

That's certainly not the way you and some others talk about Democrats and "the left" in your comments. 

But we won't agree on this, so no use to continue this argument. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

That's certainly not the way you and some others talk about Democrats and "the left" in your comments. 

But we won't agree on this, so no use to continue this argument. 

Right because you taking several different comments by several different people on several different issues and conforming them all into your binary model says more about how you view the political divide than anyone else who you claim to be representing.

Myself for instance sometimes talks about a generalized political left. Other times I refer a specific part to the political left like the Democrats of antifa. It depends on the context of the issue, 

If you are going to make a vague claim about how how “some” claim the FBI is controlled by “leftists” to support your accusation of a contradiction, then it’s fair to point out your conflation.

Can you even provide one example of someone claiming (all of the) left controls the FBI? Or are you just conflating the FBI protecting the interests of the establishment left to include some hippy eco terrorist on the FBI’s wanted list?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, el midgetron said:

While the diverse roster doesn’t purport to capture the breadth of domestic terror, it seems at odds with federal law enforcement’s claims that white supremacists pose the biggest threat facing the nation. Some skeptics are accusing the bureau of exaggerating the threat by adopting a misleading definition of such ideologies.

“In the FBI’s view, the top domestic violence extremist threat comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocated for the superiority of the White race,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said last year.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/leftists-dominate-fbi-top-10-domestic-terror-list-despite-warnings-about-far-right

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorism

One question. Was Timothy McVeigh on a most wanted list prior to the OK City bombing? The answer is no.

Turns out, he was far more dangerous than most of he top 10 list then. So yeah, makes sense for the bureau to make that statement when you apply operational experience and historical perspective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Trelane said:

One question. Was Timothy McVeigh on a most wanted list prior to the OK City bombing? The answer is no.

Turns out, he was far more dangerous than most of he top 10 list then. So yeah, makes sense for the bureau to make that statement when you apply operational experience and historical perspective.

So the unknown future, in your example Tim McVeighs yet to happen attack and the FBIs lack of knowledge about him, somehow negates current and established dangers of actual terrorists who have committed acts of terrorism? So, your position is that a hypothetical yet unknown threat is more of an established and present danger than a known and established danger is? 

Edited by el midgetron

10 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So the unknown future, in your example Tim McVeighs yet to happen attack and the FBIs lack of knowledge about him, somehow negates current and established dangers of actual terrorists who have committed acts of terrorism? So, your position is that a hypothetical yet unknown threat is more of an established and present danger than a known and established danger is? 

No, I did not state that. Please don't try that . It's a low class move to put words in another's mouth so to speak.

He was an unknown yes, but not hypothetical because it actually happened. His mindset and actions were crystallized by activating events. There is the strong potential for another person to see the events of Jan 6th and the raid on president Trump's estate as reasons to act out. Generally, usually, normally these individuals are affiliated with some sort of hate groups or antigovernmental militias. 

Of course there should remain a focus and tracking of all known extremists and threats. 

• Thanks 2