Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When and how will the COVID-19 pandemic actually end?

Grim Reaper 6

More than two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, experts have learned just how hard it is to predict what this virus will do next. Roberts said he's "disappointed" and "discouraged" about where we are compared to last summer. But patterns in the virus' behavior are emerging and, armed with treatment options and a variety of vaccines, we're in a very different place than we were in 2020. The questions experts are figuring out now are about how long this transition period will last — and how much the virus will change during this phase. But "the big question," Roberts said, is what will come after BA.5 — and to what extent the virus will mutate before the end of the year. His suspicion is that the pattern we've seen with variants will continue, meaning that we will continue to have new variants emerge that evade our immune protection "to some degree but not fully."

“I don’t think we’ll have a point where we can plant the flag in the ground and say COVID is over,” Bell said. “This (virus) has shown the ability to survive and thrive in every season of each year since we’ve gotten to know it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/when-and-how-will-the-covid-19-pandemic-actually-end/ar-AA10wvi5?cvid=2d9faa4a97ab40b8aa446b8caefd7e28

• Like 2

It already has ended.

Most people are not wearing masks or care about it anymore.  Even Wal-mart advertises...Flu and Covid shots...it's over.

But wait...what about Monkey Pox...and more than that...I mean really who wants Monkey Pox...it's not deadly but good lord who wants it...no one.

But then...

What about Margurg...and why did the WHO issue an international warning?  Could this be the pandemic of 2022-2023?  Just when we thought Covid was over??

We will see...Marburg...yeah look it up folks...you heard it here first...extremely deadly...why did the WHO issue an international warning?  Don't know anything about it really...except that my sister...an RN...keeps up with all of this stuff....

Edited by joc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, joc said:

Most people are not wearing masks or care about it anymore.  Even Wal-mart advertises...Flu and Covid shots...it's over.

Yeah, they are back to showing the shingle shot commercials.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah, they are back to showing the shingle shot commercials.

So, anyway, my sister is not a conspiracy theorist or anything of the sort...she is an RN and she called Covid...told me about it before it was a ...thing.  

But I of course...think...they have to stop Trump at any cost...it appears the pandemic was just a temporary setback for the Energizer Bunny Trump.

so what's next...they can't revamp Covid ... it's done...Monkey Pox...contagious and scary as hell but not deadly...what is next...Marburg?  Stay tuned...

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, joc said:

what is next...Marburg?  Stay tuned...

If Marburg goes airborne and has a high R0, the herd will be thinned in a way not seen since the black death.  Fortunately, for the rest of these warnings from WHO and CDC, no damned body is going to take them seriously OR obey their demands unless they can see for themselves that people around them are dropping like flies.  I currently have less faith in the CDC than I do in the FBI.  :devil:

Edited by and-then
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It won't. It's here to stay now due to the idiot anti-vaxxers that refused to take the vaccine.

Every year its gonna be like the flu, just deadlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

It won't. It's here to stay now due to the idiot anti-vaxxers that refused to take the vaccine.

I think you right the biggest problem right now is the fact that people who had Covid less than 6 months ago are getting reinfected and getting sicker than the first time they caught!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

So if everyone took flu vaccines the flu would just go away?  But wait...

The real problem is not the 'idiot anti-vaxxers'.  The real problem is that there is NO VACCINE you big dummy!  but go ahead and glom onto the Media Propaganda Machine's Narrative.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, joc said:

What about Margurg...and why did the WHO issue an international warning? 

Correction....

My sister corrected me and said that WHO did not issue an international warning about Marburg...they issued an international warning for Monkey Pox.

Nonetheless...what are they going to do to stop Trump and how can they use the Pandemic and data from the Pandemic to thwart the upcoming 2024 election?

They are out of candidates...they are out of ideas...the world is falling apart under Biden's tenure...what can they do to stop Trump?  World War III?  Would they go that far?  Can anyone really imagine a World War III?  Can you imagine that with Commander in Chief Biden? Commander in Chief Kamala?  You know Kamala is going to be Prez before the election right?  You think they can just go into the election with her as VP...no.  She has to be President.  The first WOMAN president...Kamala Harris vs Trump.  omg can anyone imagine the Media Propaganda Machine for that election?  Katy Bar the Door!  :w00t:

So sorry...just realized I changed the subject line of the thread to a political one...my bad.  

Back to the topic at hand...it's pretty much a dead topic...like the Pandemic.  No one is wearing masks, no one is elbow  bumping, everyone is shaking hands, no one is social distancing, no one is really concerned because it really is like the Flu.  Yeah, if you are already in bad health...it can kill you...but who do you think dies from the flu...yep, those who are already in bad health.  just a thought...did small pox or polio ever morph into something that just made your muscles sore?  Where in the hell is this super deadly virus that was going to kill us all?  Exponentials my ass.  The whole Pandemic was a snow job.   Now go be a good comrade and get your Covid Vaccine...run...to the closest Walmart Pharmacy and let some degenerate stick a needle in your arm...do your duty America!!  

Edited by joc
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, and-then said:

If Marburg goes airborne and has a high R0, the herd will be thinned in a way not seen since the black death.  Fortunately, for the rest of these warnings from WHO and CDC, no damned body is going to take them seriously OR obey their demands unless they can see for themselves that people around them are dropping like flies.  I currently have less faith in the CDC than I do in the FBI.  :devil:

I think that the problem with organizations like WHO and CDC is that they _only_ care about people's health. They don't care about people's freedom. You could for example lock people up in their homes all the time, and thereby avoid lots of disease and accidents, if health organizations were in charge.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, and-then said:

If Marburg goes airborne and has a high R0, the herd will be thinned in a way not seen since the black death.

Killer viruses like that pose no serious problem as they are far too virulent to affect more than a tiny part of a population.

Fairly innocuous viruses like covid19 on the other hand will infect nearly everybody with nearly everybody surviving the infection, and many not even noticing that they had been infected at all.

The covid19 panic is a scam.

Edited by Ell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

So, anyway, my sister is not a conspiracy theorist or anything of the sort...she is an RN and she called Covid...told me about it before it was a ...thing.  

But I of course...think...they have to stop Trump at any cost...it appears the pandemic was just a temporary setback for the Energizer Bunny Trump.

so what's next...they can't revamp Covid ... it's done...Monkey Pox...contagious and scary as hell but not deadly...what is next...Marburg?  Stay tuned...

Ffs. Covid wasn't a fake pandemic to get rid of Trump.

Covid killed 1 million people in the US. And this pandemic happened globally. 

Like do you think China went on lockdown to get rid of Trump? 

And the thing with Marburg isn't a respiratory virus like COVID. Monkeypox has even been confirmed to spread through air droplets which is why it has spread as it already has just not as contagious as COVID is.

Marburg requires very close contact through body fluids.

Edited by MysteryMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Covid killed 1 million people in the US.

They did?

Or did they die instead because of the vaccination?

Or did they die instead because they had been treated in an intensive care unit, to their detriment?

Do you have statistics that prove or disprove the various possibilities?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ell said:

They did?

Or did they die instead because of the vaccination?

Or did they die instead because they had been treated in an intensive care unit, to their detriment?

Do you have statistics that prove or disprove the various possibilities?

Why would I have statistics to prove your false claims? That burden rest on you to prove. 

We have statistics of how many died from Covid because medical professionals across the nation recorded it whenever a patient died.

So unless you're a conspiracy nuts who believes that all medical professionals plotted together to fool you , than idk why you believe what you do.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Why would I have statistics to prove your false claims? That burden rest on you to prove. 

I made no claims. I asked questions.

You on the other hand did do an assertion: "Covid killed 1 million people in the US".

So the burden is on you. I asked for supporting statistics. You did not provide them, as yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

due to the idiot anti-vaxxers that refused to take the vaccine

Joe and Kamala (aka Shi-tz and Giggles) have had FOUR vaccinations.  They both have had Covid more than once.  I've never really been "anti-vax" as such.  Live and let live.  You want it?  Take as many as you like.  I don't.  I contracted Omicron first of this year, had 3-4 days where I felt like I was coming down with the flu and then it cleared.  BUT, a couple of weeks later I began having serious breathing issues and it took me 3 months to get back to normal. I'd add that I had several of the dangerous comorbidities that were responsible for thousands of deaths with the earlier iterations of this virus.  Overweight, prior lung issues, hypertension, etc.

Taking a vaccine that admittedly cannot stop a person from contracting OR spreading the illness, should be personal choice.  Either way, it's foolish to say that if we had 100% compliance, Covid would have been eradicated - which is the implication in your statement.

One need look no further than the experience of the government in Israel to prove this is true.  If you want to kneel in the church of the holy Covid syringe, feel free.  Just try not to be too condescending in your faith ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fred_mc said:

I think that the problem with organizations like WHO and CDC is that they _only_ care about people's health. They don't care about people's freedom. You could for example lock people up in their homes all the time, and thereby avoid lots of disease and accidents, if health organizations were in charge.

In the beginning of this pandemic, I gave these agencies credit for being invested in the people's wellbeing.  After seeing the devastation to millions of lives around the planet as a result of their overreaction and their tyrannical lockdowns, I'll never trust them again.  I daresay that most Americans will laugh in DC's face if another lockdown is attempted.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ell said:

The covid19 panic is a scam.

I'm not sure scam is the right word.  There's no doubt that it was a truly novel virus and that's why so many died in the first and second waves.  Humans had no immunity at all.  I have serious doubts as to the benefit of the vaccines but I think people should have the choice to take them or not.  One fact that's inescapable is the devastation was primarily caused by government reactions to the pandemic more so than from the virus itself.  WHO and CDC destroyed their credibility with a very large percentage of the population in western countries and they'll likely never get it all back.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ell said:

I made no claims. I asked questions.

You on the other hand did do an assertion: "Covid killed 1 million people in the US".

So the burden is on you. I asked for supporting statistics. You did not provide them, as yet.

I already explained to you where the stats come from.

• Like 1

Could it be a million dead directly from the virus? Sure, but when victims of accidents and gunshots had covid at the time of their death it was labeled a covid death. Hospitals were granted $30k for every covid death. They had enormous incentive to inflate the stats.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Like do you think China went on lockdown to get rid of Trump? 

:yes:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 5:57 AM, joc said:

The real problem is not the 'idiot anti-vaxxers'.  The real problem is that there is NO VACCINE you big dummy!  but go ahead and glom onto the Media Propaganda Machine's Narrative.  

Not sure what you are on about that there is "NO VACCINE".

The simple fact is that there are vaccines for many diseases including COVID-19and influenza.

Edited by stereologist
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2022 at 5:57 AM, joc said:

That's a lie isn't it? A really lame lie. There are vaccines. How sad that people lie their ignorance, or lie without being ignorant.