Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When and how will the COVID-19 pandemic actually end?

Grim Reaper 6

On 8/11/2022 at 6:05 AM, joc said:

Correction....

My sister corrected me and said that WHO did not issue an international warning about Marburg...they issued an international warning for Monkey Pox.

Nonetheless...what are they going to do to stop Trump and how can they use the Pandemic and data from the Pandemic to thwart the upcoming 2024 election?

They are out of candidates...they are out of ideas...the world is falling apart under Biden's tenure...what can they do to stop Trump?  World War III?  Would they go that far?  Can anyone really imagine a World War III?  Can you imagine that with Commander in Chief Biden? Commander in Chief Kamala?  You know Kamala is going to be Prez before the election right?  You think they can just go into the election with her as VP...no.  She has to be President.  The first WOMAN president...Kamala Harris vs Trump.  omg can anyone imagine the Media Propaganda Machine for that election?  Katy Bar the Door!  :w00t:

So sorry...just realized I changed the subject line of the thread to a political one...my bad.  

Back to the topic at hand...it's pretty much a dead topic...like the Pandemic.  No one is wearing masks, no one is elbow  bumping, everyone is shaking hands, no one is social distancing, no one is really concerned because it really is like the Flu.  Yeah, if you are already in bad health...it can kill you...but who do you think dies from the flu...yep, those who are already in bad health.  just a thought...did small pox or polio ever morph into something that just made your muscles sore?  Where in the hell is this super deadly virus that was going to kill us all?  Exponentials my ass.  The whole Pandemic was a snow job.   Now go be a good comrade and get your Covid Vaccine...run...to the closest Walmart Pharmacy and let some degenerate stick a needle in your arm...do your duty America!!  

So sorry you are introducing that low life gutter turd Trump into this issue.

Trump is lower than whale $#!+ and there is very little in this world lower than whale $#!+

On 8/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, Ell said:

Killer viruses like that pose no serious problem as they are far too virulent to affect more than a tiny part of a population.

Fairly innocuous viruses like covid19 on the other hand will infect nearly everybody with nearly everybody surviving the infection, and many not even noticing that they had been infected at all.

The covid19 panic is a scam.

The frauds of this world want to pretend that COVID does 2 things - kills you or leaves you alone. That is wrong and has been known to be wrong since the advent of this pandemic.

There is a thread devoted to teaching people how dangerous this virus is.

It kills people. It maims people.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, Ell said:

They did?

Or did they die instead because of the vaccination?

Or did they die instead because they had been treated in an intensive care unit, to their detriment?

Do you have statistics that prove or disprove the various possibilities?

Many of those dead were before the vaccine existed. Are you as clueless as you seem to be?

Let's see you present anything from a reputable source to support your bizarre delusions

On 8/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, Ell said:

I made no claims. I asked questions.

You on the other hand did do an assertion: "Covid killed 1 million people in the US".

So the burden is on you. I asked for supporting statistics. You did not provide them, as yet.

You actually made claims.

"The covid19 panic is a scam. "

"One in 246 people die within sixty days of vaccination. "

That latter claim is from a filth outlet that lied and you presented it here.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, and-then said:

Joe and Kamala (aka Shi-tz and Giggles) have had FOUR vaccinations.  They both have had Covid more than once.  I've never really been "anti-vax" as such.  Live and let live.  You want it?  Take as many as you like.  I don't.  I contracted Omicron first of this year, had 3-4 days where I felt like I was coming down with the flu and then it cleared.  BUT, a couple of weeks later I began having serious breathing issues and it took me 3 months to get back to normal. I'd add that I had several of the dangerous comorbidities that were responsible for thousands of deaths with the earlier iterations of this virus.  Overweight, prior lung issues, hypertension, etc.

Taking a vaccine that admittedly cannot stop a person from contracting OR spreading the illness, should be personal choice.  Either way, it's foolish to say that if we had 100% compliance, Covid would have been eradicated - which is the implication in your statement.

One need look no further than the experience of the government in Israel to prove this is true.  If you want to kneel in the church of the holy Covid syringe, feel free.  Just try not to be too condescending in your faith ;) 

I see you are playing the nirvana fallacy. Good for you. It suits you to a tee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

Here is what we know. The disease has become more dangerous over time. The vaccines have reduced infections to  levels not requiring hospitalizations. Those who  have not been vaccinated are more likely to die.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, and-then said:

In the beginning of this pandemic, I gave these agencies credit for being invested in the people's wellbeing.  After seeing the devastation to millions of lives around the planet as a result of their overreaction and their tyrannical lockdowns, I'll never trust them again.  I daresay that most Americans will laugh in DC's face if another lockdown is attempted.  

Buck up! Stop being a whiny baby.

It's the childish whiny babies that selfishly want and don't care about the lives that were saved by slowing down the spread of the disease.

If the president had not been that absurd loser Trump then we'd have been far better off.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:19 AM, and-then said:

I'm not sure scam is the right word.  There's no doubt that it was a truly novel virus and that's why so many died in the first and second waves.  Humans had no immunity at all.  I have serious doubts as to the benefit of the vaccines but I think people should have the choice to take them or not.  One fact that's inescapable is the devastation was primarily caused by government reactions to the pandemic more so than from the virus itself.  WHO and CDC destroyed their credibility with a very large percentage of the population in western countries and they'll likely never get it all back.

I gave you a like because most of what you wrote is understandable.

The problem with COVID-19 is that it was not contained because of the president was not trying to benefit the public. He was against science and medicine and did not present himself aligned with those in the know. Trump is the reason for much of the failure. And each day we continue to see what a scum of the Earth that dead beat is.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:24 PM, F3SS said:

Could it be a million dead directly from the virus? Sure, but when victims of accidents and gunshots had covid at the time of their death it was labeled a covid death. Hospitals were granted $30k for every covid death. They had enormous incentive to inflate the stats.

That did not happen so please learn what did happen instead of making up stories

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for pointing to another filth outlet of stupidity.

Only a moron without a brain would fall for those lies wouldn't you agree?

I admit that I had and have my doubts about that high ratio. In my own circle only my brother in law may have died from the vaccine - or not ... 
I do not know whether he died within sixty days after being vaccinated.

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

The disease has become more dangerous over time.

That is impossible.

Those who  have not been vaccinated are more likely to die.

Which people precisely? Ice cream sales people? Fat people? Octogenarians? People who had been hospitalized? People who were put in intensive care?

Your assertion is extreeeemely vague and possibly either false or misleading. Please be specific. I want to know everything about those people who died. I want to know their complete anamnese. I want to know exactly how they were medicated. I want to know their age, whether they had had sexually transmitted diseases, what they ate before and during their alleged covid19 contamination.

Covid ends as soon as the media stop talking about it.

As for Marburg, the jab they have lined up for that is seriously going to interact with the covid jabs in a way that'll kill lots of people. Of course they'll blame the virus not the jab. 

I'd you've had an mRNA jab then seriously, please do your homework and look at how it inertacts with proteins. Your choice.

When and how will the COVID-19 pandemic actually end?

Well, that depends on the title of pandemic. If it's judged to be endemic to everywhere, like colds and flues, it's likely right now might be considered the pandemic over.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/healthcare-systems-and-services/our-insights/when-will-the-covid-19-pandemic-end

Europe and the United States have entered the endemic stage of the COVID-19 outbreak: the virus is widespread, is significantly less fatal than it was in 2020, and is spurring only limited changes in public behavior. These endemic conditions are likely to continue through the summer and autumn, unless and until immunity-evading new variants emerge. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/when-pandemic-over

Every 3 months since January 2020, when it first named the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak an international public health emergency, a committee of expert advisers to the World Health Organization (WHO) has convened to assess whether the pandemic still merits that label. And every 3 months, most recently in January, the advisers have unanimously agreed it does, and WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has accepted their verdict. When the committee meets again next month, it is likely to reach the same conclusion—and Tedros is again likely to accept it.

But at some point—estimates range from months to years from now—WHO will make a different call. Already, nations such as Denmark, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom have functionally declared an end to the pandemic in their countries, lifting almost all health restrictions even as New Zealand and Hong Kong struggle with record-breaking surges. Deciding when to sound the all-clear is “not an enviable task,” says Yonatan Grad, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH). “Do you call it over when there might still be a wave in one part of the world but it’s a small part?”

So basically up to WHO, and likely not soon. Especially with the "Zero cases" countries now agreeing that such is unsustainable and allowing cases to run around the country to get it over with. China being the biggest exception with still trying to enforce a zero Covid policy.

As far as Monkey pox, I thought that was like 99% spread by direct fluid contacts. Basically an infected person has to share fluids with you like with HIV. And predominantly cases are among very sexually active young men. Or, so I've heard. I've heard that's mainly only true outside of Africa.

It might count as a pandemic, but average citizen really doesn't need to be scared of it.

Edited by DieChecker

• 1 month later...

It will end and has in many cases died down. But Covid is here to stay, and just like the flu etc will be something that is common and that we will live with from now on.

On 8/11/2022 at 4:27 AM, MysteryMike said:

It won't. It's here to stay now due to the idiot anti-vaxxers that refused to take the vaccine.

Every year its gonna be like the flu, just deadlier.

"An average of 8000 people die from flu in England each year."

COVID-19 deaths in the UK where there was no pre-existing condition between March and June 2020 are included below.

• No pre-existing condition: England and Wales – 4476
  • No pre-existing condition: England – 4169
  • No pre-existing condition: Wales – 294

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathswithandwithoutpreexistingconditions

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"An average of 8000 people die from flu in England each year."

COVID-19 deaths in the UK where there was no pre-existing condition between March and June 2020 are included below.

• No pre-existing condition: England and Wales – 4476
  • No pre-existing condition: England – 4169
  • No pre-existing condition: Wales – 294

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathswithandwithoutpreexistingconditions

Covid may have similar symptoms to the flu but it does not compare. Why do people continue to make this claim.