Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rivers Across Europe are Too Dry, Too Low And too Warm

Still Waters

Europe's great rivers are important economic routes and ecosystems, as well as emblems of the cities through which they pass. Now, countries all across the continent are struggling once more with high temperatures and prolonged drought — and, as a result, the rivers are running low or are simply too hot.

Continued:

https://www.newsclick.in/rivers-across-europe-too-dry-low-too-warm

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

The rivers around me are absolutely fine, even being used to water the crops.      Are we supposed to panic?

ia.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

The rivers around me are absolutely fine, even being used to water the crops.      Are we supposed to panic?

I would say you should consider yourself fortunate.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

ia.jpg

What part of the European continent do you live in?  ;) 

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

I would say you should consider yourself fortunate.

I think the Scots stopped feeling fortunate for the constant rain and wind long ago. 

When the rest of the world is crispy Scotland will still be green and wet. :P 

2 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

When the rest of the world is crispy Scotland will still be green and wet. :P 

Not necessarily.

Why is a wet country like Scotland facing water scarcity?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62424001

Severe drought has caused water levels of the river Elbe to drop, exposing centuries-old “hunger stones”.

One stone now visible in Decin, where the Elbe flows from the Czech Republic into Germany, is carved with a warning from 1616 that reads: “If you see me, weep.”

The stones, embedded into the banks to mark water levels during famines, have been exposed as drought continues to afflict Europe.

Other stones, which were common in German settlements from the 16th to the 19th centuries, were inscribed with similarly macabre warnings of falling water levels. Water levels in the Rhine reached record lows on Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/if-you-can-see-me-weep-drought-hit-river-elbe-reveals-hunger-stones-from-1616/ar-AA10GnQ2?

• Like 1

Funny, over here it is the Colorado and Rio Grande.  In the Middle East, it is the Tigris and Euphrates, once called the cradle of civilization.  Anybody see a pattern here?