Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'They Will Kill You': Tourists Warned to Move Away From Bison Fight in Yellowstone Park

Still Waters

Two tourists were warned by other visitors to seek cover as they tried to film sparring bison at Yellowstone National Park, footage posted to Facebook on August 8 shows.

This footage was shot by Cindy Shaffer, a Montana native who regularly posts footage from the park.

Shaffer’s video shows two bison as they butt heads in the middle of a road. Later in the clip, Shaffer and other onlookers are heard shouting at two tourists, who were recording the fight on their mobile devices, to back away from the animals.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kill-tourists-warned-move-away-090705369.html

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

These are two wild animals who are already riled up and weigh about 2,000 lbs each. I read about that poor girl from England who got gored for doing absolutely nothing or going near the one who attacked her. She and her family are in my prayers as they face the horrible decisions that they are. You never know what their temperment will make them do. Why would you go close to two who are fighting?

• Like 5

From what animal line does a bison actually come from? I mean, is that a bull, a cow? Or some kind of big angry sheep? :unsure2:

5 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

From what animal line does a bison actually come from? I mean, is that a bull, a cow? Or some kind of big angry sheep? :unsure2:

A bison is a bison.  
In the same way a squirrel is squirrel
Like cattle, sheep, antelopes and elephants, they are ungulates.   But their evolutionary line diverged a very long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison#:~:text=Modern American bison are thought,sympatry with the steppe bison.

• Like 4

They are wild and dangerous animals and they can be deadly.  Why people don’t respect this is beyond me.  It’s like people must think, “Well, Im in a park and I paid to get in here…so I should be able to act like these wild animals are tame.”  It’s not smart at all.  Can’t tell you how many people have been attacked by grizzlies there acting the same way.

• Like 4

I think it's just more evidence that boomers started a trend of raising kids without teaching them to be adults.  It has only gone downhill from there.  We must be nearing the bottom of that line because now it's even interfering with the survival instinct ;) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Bulls and cows are the same species.  Bison and Buffalo are also distinct species, though the terms are often used interchangeably. Sheep are of the Bovidae family like cattle and bison, despite the fact they don't bear much similarity in appearance.

Bison and Cattle can breed live young, and the offspring is unfortunately called a beefalo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Bulls and cows are the same species.  Bison and Buffalo are also distinct species, though the terms are often used interchangeably. Sheep are of the Bovidae family like cattle and bison, despite the fact they don't bear much similarity in appearance.

Bison and Cattle can breed live young, and the offspring is unfortunately called a beefalo.

Lots of restaurant out west advertise selling Beefalo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Lots of restaurant out west advertise selling Beefalo.

It is actually quite tasty.  

17 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

It is actually quite tasty.  

I thought so too when I had it.   Not as gamey as Buffalo but still more than beef.   I like Buffalo meat as well.  

• Like 1