Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question about a particular type of experience.

Questing

Does anyone know, or possibly know someone who might know, when the earliest "lit up bedroom (from an outside source coming in the window) and arrival of beings" happened?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Or a question about Spiderman.

Sometimes comments on this forum make me ache with laughter! There is so much random stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

People asleep in bed wake up and see an external light shining in their window, and this is generally followed by the arrival of ET in their room and an alleged abduction.

I'm just trying to find the earliest report on this.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Questing said:

People asleep in bed wake up and see an external light shining in their window, and this is generally followed by the arrival of ET in their room and an alleged abduction.

You mean when aliens pass through someone's bedroom wall and they suddenly see everything in a spaceship perfectly clear even though their glasses are still in their bedroom?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Questing said:

Does anyone know, or possibly know someone who might know, when the earliest "lit up bedroom (from an outside source coming in the window) and arrival of beings" happened?

It’s a “easy short hand for alien abduction” by the time of the X-Files in the early 90s. 
Betty Adaluscean perhaps? She saw a pink light IIRC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s a “easy short hand for alien abduction” by the time of the X-Files in the early 90s. 
Betty Adaluscean perhaps? She saw a pink light IIRC.

I don't remember ... was she in her bedroom asleep?

Just now, Questing said:

I don't remember ... was she in her bedroom asleep?

Nah, she was in the lounge room, pink light BAM everyone except her frozen in place.

35 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

You mean when aliens pass through someone's bedroom wall and they suddenly see everything in a spaceship perfectly clear even though their glasses are still in their bedroom?

However it works out ... but the main picture is waking up with an external light coming through the bedroom window - and then "whoever" shows up.

I'm just looking for the earliest version of this.

Edited by Questing
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Questing said:

However it works out ... but the main picture is waking up with an external light coming through the bedroom window - and then "whoever" shows up.

Home invasion close encounters of the fourth kind are IIRC something of a recent phenomenon, probably 80s? A lot of my UFO material at home is pre-80s and doesn’t really mention it IIRC. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Home invasion close encounters of the fourth kind are IIRC something of a recent phenomenon, probably 80s? A lot of my UFO material at home is pre-80s and doesn’t really mention it IIRC. 

I really don't know ... let's see if someone else has heard anything.

1 hour ago, Questing said:

You might not like the answers you receive.

Not being snide but i dont feel like doing your research for you and hunting dates.

There are more than one blanket explanation, hypnagogic sleep issues sums up the bulk of it. Not calling sleep issues a mental illness although some mental illnesses can cause such delusions.

I was busted back in orlando for welding at night a new neighbor not knowing im a nocturnal gearhead called the local police to report an alien craft landing ( no kidding ) cop and i had a laugh.

What a person subscribes the phenomenon to depends of the era and persons believe base.  Centuries back people were more naive credulous and believed in things like succubus, demons the easter bunny, angels fairies signs of the times when rhe person lived.

Times change we learn more what is fantasy make believe but that doesnt stop the mind tricks the sleep disorders it needed an update and making claims that evil entities or aliens are behind it fit perfectly, any veneer placed on it good aliens or bad ones, but its all fundamentally tied in to how the brain works.

Many just cant allow the explantion to be mundain and prosaic so they go the paranormal path which of course the cynical skeptic in me cant support because there simply is no evidence to support that.

Edited by the13bats
#$%%#$ typo
  • Thanks 1

I know about lit-up bedrooms.  It's when your Alabama neighbor uses your driveway for a U turn in his hunting ute with the big headlight array at 2am.  At 2 million candlepower you can see your room thru your eyelids for an instant before you white-out completely and lose time.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Questing said:

The earliest scientific UFO sighting recorded is, I believe, this one in 1742. But I know you are looking specifically for a experience when something enters a room:

This Unusual Report From 1742 May Be the Earliest Scientific UFO Observation (mysteriousuniverse.org)

Edited by Silver

1 hour ago, Silver said:

The earliest scientific UFO sighting recorded is, I believe, this one in 1742. But I know you are looking specifically for a experience when something enters a room:

This Unusual Report From 1742 May Be the Earliest Scientific UFO Observation (mysteriousuniverse.org)

1566 here...

https://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/ufo-sighting-over-basel-switzerland-in-1566/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

You might not like the answers you receive.

Not being snide but i dont feel like doing your research for you and hunting dates.

There are more than one blanket explanation, hypnagogic sleep issues sums up the bulk of it. Not calling sleep issues a mental illness although some mental illnesses can cause such delusions.

I was busted back in orlando for welding at night a new neighbor not knowing im a nocturnal gearhead called the local police to report an alien craft landing ( no kidding ) cop and i had a laugh.

What a person subscribes the phenomenon to depends of the era and persons believe base.  Centuries back people were more naive credulous and believed in things like succubus, demons the easter bunny, angels fairies signs of the times when rhe person lived.

Times change we learn more what is fantasy make believe but that doesnt stop the mind tricks the sleep disorders it needed an update and making claims that evil entities or aliens are behind it fit perfectly, any veneer placed on it good aliens or bad ones, but its all fundamentally tied in to how the brain works.

Many just cant allow the explantion to be mundain and prosaic so they go the paranormal path which of course the cynical skeptic in me cant support because there simply is no evidence to support that.

I agree ... but like I said, I'm just trying to find the earliest recorded date. I didn't find it the last time I looked - so - I'm just asking if anyone else heard anything.

• Like 1

If you are having such experiences it shouldnt be hard to get evidence or figure out what type disorder it is.

Due to the nature of it i would guess its being going on for centuries.

It probably would've been a cave, not a bedroom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

If you are having such experiences it shouldnt be hard to get evidence or figure out what type disorder it is.

Due to the nature of it i would guess its being going on for centuries.

I did have it ... back in the mid-1950s ... but (as usual) there was no "abduction."

I've been involved in this subject ever since, and there has never been an "abduction." People say - "Well, maybe they hid it from you." OK, but why don't they do that to everyone? Because this scary abduction stuff is paranormal based to induce fear and has nothing to do with ET. I'm just looking for the earliest account so I can synchronize my experience with it time wise.

I'll be back later.

• Confused 1

I think Mary was inside when there was a glow and an Angel arrived to give her the Big News. 

• Confused 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, Silver said:

Sometimes comments on this forum make me ache with laughter! There is so much random stuff.

Are you sure @jethrofloyd wasn't referring to Lullaby by The Cure?

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 2:36 AM, Golden Duck said:

Are you sure @jethrofloyd wasn't referring to Lullaby by The Cure?

Spider man is having him for dinner tonight.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, Questing said:

I did have it ... back in the mid-1950s ... but (as usual) there was no "abduction."

I've been involved in this subject ever since, and there has never been an "abduction." People say - "Well, maybe they hid it from you." OK, but why don't they do that to everyone? Because this scary abduction stuff is paranormal based to induce fear and has nothing to do with ET. I'm just looking for the earliest account so I can synchronize my experience with it time wise.

I'll be back later.

I believe people think they see stuff not really there or that they cant explain but i see no reason to make some jump that it just has to be paranormal with no other opinions thats just too closed minded for my taste.

The simply fact there is zero evidence to support alien abduction but there is evidence to support its in the mind of the believers and is of their mind.

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Spider man is having him for dinner tonight.

In all seriousness, there is some literature that suggests that alien absuction could be the confabilation of something more sinister.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Confused 1