Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can two people really meet in a dream?

Iridescent

Something crazy happened to me recently, i think I've been meeting someone in my dreams but don't really know for sure.

So I think this is happening to me and someone I know (and we're not even close) for a number of times now (and probably still ongoing lol) The first 3 dreams that I think I shared with this person (that's for 3 consecutive nights), I thought of it as just my subconscious and considered just a coincidence. Then the next day after that 3rd dream, he messaged me on facebook asking to have a get together with our friends. I thought that was weird but still considered again, just a coincidence. We had lunch the next day at a common friend's place and I didn't mention anything about the dream (lol why should I ofc I may sound weird). He didn't say anything either even before we went home. Met him on my dream after 2 days, he mentioned the lunch we had at our friend's house and told me he was hesitant to ask me about the dream. I messaged him the next morning (just last wednesday morning), asking about how much their company charge for AC cleaning (lol I cant think what to ask coz as i've said we're not even close), he replied to my inquiry and followed up with a "is that all?" I just said yes. lol

Now the 5th night (this was just last wednesday night) I met him again and we talked about the price of the AC cleaning, then some random weird stuff commonly happening on dreams. The next day he messaged saying "I forgot to ask last night when will you schedule the cleaning of AC units" and I was surprised coz we talked about the AC in the morning, but I just assumed he meant yesterday. idk I feel I'm getting crazy over what's happening and yet I'm too shy to ask coz honestly this sounds crazy af. But one more meet up with him on my next dreams would probably force me to ask him straight up. I'm just worried I may sound crazy lol I don't know how to open this topic to him. What would you guys do? :/

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I think your mind is weaving elaborate narratives around this fella, mayhaps your subconscious is telling you something? 
We men are a bit thick, ask him out for cofffee.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Can two people meet in a dream? As long as they are both imaginary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Can two people meet in a dream? As long as they are both imaginary. 

Oddly enough, I dream of the same woman repeatedly - I’m certain I’ve never met her but dream me knows her quite well *winkwink*.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Oddly enough, I dream of the same woman repeatedly - I’m certain I’ve never met her but dream me knows her quite well *winkwink*.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I read somewhere that we can't create faces in our dreams, so everyone you dream of you have met or at least seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I read somewhere that we can't create faces in our dreams, so everyone you dream of you have met or at least seen.

You also can't dream you are doing something you can't in your waking life. So you can't dream you are flying an airliner, for example, but you can dream you are driving a car. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Silver said:

You also can't dream you are doing something you can't in your waking life. So you can't dream you are flying an airliner, for example, but you can dream you are driving a car. 

That’s quite incorrect.

You can do things in a dream without the technical knowledge and experience you would need in real life.

For example; if you think you can fly a plane, you could dream it and be fine in the dream.

Doesn’t mean you could do it in real life.

Edited by Timothy
Rephrased.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Silver said:

Is that sarcasm?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

You can meet whoever you want in your dreams. I once met Groucho Marx in a dream. A funny man.

Tell him he still owes me 10 quid from the last time we played cards with Aleister Crowley and Batman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Iridescent said:

What would you guys do? 

I think dream meet-ups do happen telepathically on the astral plane. The belief I hold from teachings I respect is that when we sleep our astral bodies separate from our physical bodies. In the astral body we are much more psychically aware.

It's even possible you communicated in the dream state but that he has no conscious waking memory of it.

It's also possible you are experiencing a one-sided exploration in the dream state too.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

yes

Yes they can because I'm not at the same time but their partners or other dreams had a someone else Summer Dreams I've had its give me decisions and it'll make my life now I'm not got to do with my life now

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is that sarcasm?

I didn't explain myself. You can't dream you are doing something that you don't know how to do. So you could dream you were piloting an airliner in a vague way, but you couldn't dream you were doing, for example, a go-around unless you had experienced it: non-pilot could not dream they were saying "I have control", pushing the throttles forward and retracting the gear unless they knew about these things before hand. (An avid watcher of Air Crash Investigation or someone who plays flight sims might be able to, but generally these details would be missing). OTOH, a pilot who had had a stressful near miss on landing might well dream about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver said:

You also can't dream you are doing something you can't in your waking life.

I think this isn't a true. More than once I dreamed of flying like a bird. I remember me flying, seeing a roofs of the, houses and my friends below me passing by, as I flew. In the real life I am absolutely certain I cannot fly.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Silver said:

I didn't explain myself. You can't dream you are doing something that you don't know how to do. So you could dream you were piloting an airliner in a vague way, but you couldn't dream you were doing, for example, a go-around unless you had experienced it: non-pilot could not dream they were saying "I have control", pushing the throttles forward and retracting the gear unless they knew about these things before hand. (An avid watcher of Air Crash Investigation or someone who plays flight sims might be able to, but generally these details would be missing). OTOH, a pilot who had had a stressful near miss on landing might well dream about it.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

I think this isn't a true. More than once I dreamed of flying like a bird. I remember me flying, seeing a roofs of the, houses and my friends below me passing by, as I flew. In the real life I am absolutely certain I cannot fly.

You may be making my point for me. You may have flown in the past (in an aircraft) or you may have seen films taken from aircraft flying over the ground. Instead of flying like a bird, imagine you were dreaming of being in a light aircraft coming in to land. You might dream you were decending and then landing on the runway. But you would not dream that you had been told to change radio frequency, control your airspeed, lower your gear,select flaps, etc, because you have had no experience of it (unless you are a pilot). Whatever dreams are, and whatever their purpose, they can't give us knowledge that we did not know beforehand.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

That’s quite incorrect.

You can do things in a dream without the technical knowledge and experience you would need in real life.

For example; if you think you can fly a plane, you could dream it and be fine in the dream.

Doesn’t mean you could do it in real life.

Try landing it;different story! Lol!

13 hours ago, Silver said:

Try landing it;different story! Lol!

Exactly the same as I mentioned.

If someone thinks or imagines that they can fly a plane or land it or do anything etc. then they can definitely dream it.

In real life they would likely destroy the aircraft and end up dead.  

• Like 3

It’s really rare from what I understand, but I think it may be possible. There was a memeber who used to come here who would have these dreams about doing things with his son. A couple times the son described the same dream the next day. That guy was the most advanced dreamer I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. 

I don’t know though. I have tested the theory a couple times asking people I dreamt about if they remember having the same dream. No go so far. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I do not subscribe to any of the wild unsupported paranormal claims about sleep and dreams,

No, i do not believe we meet up with people in dreams our dreams are ours constructs of our mind not some astral playground for hook ups, although some folks do have some pretty racy dreams.

I have done a lot of things in dreams i cant do in real life but i dont have details of how to do it, as far as faces who knows if we met the person or its a construct of our minds i know i have dreamt of people who were composites of people i did know all mixed up.

I dont think you dreaming of this guy means you have the hots for him in fact you know that answer right now and i guess if you do have interest then it could cause you to dream of him, i would also bet a Coke if you told him you dream of him its better than a 75% chance he will say he dreamt of you and likely make a move.

I had a buddy who passed away he was a dog in heat player and one pick up line he used was tell a girl he had a dream about them. You would be shocked how many times it worked.

• Like 2

To answer the OP question:

No!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, joc said:

To answer the OP question:

No!

Welcher! You still owe me for backing you in that imaginary game of acey-deucey on old Yorky last night.:devil:  Captain Buckmaster lost his shirt to you.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Iridescent seems to have left the building. Too bad. While @joc  fielded the title quesion, correctly I think (although as with so many other things, I'd love @preacherman76 to prove me wrong), the closing question isn't bad:

I'm too shy to ask coz honestly this sounds crazy af. But one more meet up with him on my next dreams would probably force me to ask him straight up. I'm just worried I may sound crazy lol I don't know how to open this topic to him. What would you guys do?

Realistically, a good open is to ask whether he ever remembers his dreams the next day, or even longer. A lot of people will say no, which would be disappointing, but it saves you the trouble of questioning him further.

If the answer is yes, then you just need to be careful not to lead (as another poster implied, if I understood them correctly, gentlemen tend to say yes to whatever a lady proposes).

People often remember dreaming the "classics" like coming to school unprepared for some big test or finding themselves underdressed in public. You can ask about those first, and work the conversation around to whether he dreams about everyday things, like work, and then like you-in-the-third-person ("Do you ever dream about what happens at work - like some lady texting you for AC cleaning quotes?" Ha ha, a little shared joke.)

BTW, if you have such a discussion and he hasn't yet dreamt about you, then there's a pretty good chance he will soon. Whether he remembers is another question, and whether he'll tell you is still another.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eight bits said:

While @joc  fielded the title question, correctly I think 

It was a quick easy answer.  But the reason I said no is because, dreams are a completely mental exercise generated by the subconscious.   The reason that one  would dream of another person multiple times most likely has nothing at all to do with the person dreamed about.  

It is all within the dreamers subconscious...hence, all dreams are about the dreamer. The subconscious mind is a powerful tool, both awake and asleep.  I would suggest the dreamer post his/her dreams in as much detail as possible...but...seeing as how he/she has apparently ghosted the thread I doubt that is likely to happen.  

It is my contention that all of the characters in our dreams are different aspects of our own selves.  But without details of the dream it is a mute point.  And at this point we don't know if the dreamer is male or female.  That could be a key in and of itself to the dreamers multiplicity dreams of the AC man.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joc said:

all dreams are about the dreamer

In a sense, that's true, I think. But "the dreamer" is a complicated being, enmeshed in social relationships, ecological relationships, historical context, all the things the dreamer could have been but isn't, ... that's why there can be common dream themes (and yet not all dreams express the common themes ... sometimes a dream about cleaning the dreamer's AC is about cleaning the dreamer's AC).

It is too bad the OP left, but that happens a lot on this sub-board.

• Like 1