Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China blames Australia as Taiwan row explodes

Grim Reaper 6

Australia is now facing “the probability of high-intensity conflict in our own immediate strategic environment”, a leading defense expert has warned, in the wake of what’s been described as a “significant escalation” from China sentences that would have caught the attention of Prime Minister Anthony Albanese. 

China Taiwan clash: World closer to war as Beijing blames Australia | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Australia faces real threat of ‘high-intensity conflict’ with China, expert warns. China’s Assistant Foreign Minister Hua Chunying dragged Australia into the chaos with a few short sentences that would have caught the attention of Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.

Australia faces real threat of ‘high-intensity conflict’ with China, expert warns | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The second biggest tough guy doesn't want to pick on the biggest tough guy, so he starts threatening his friends instead,

• Like 5

The world, Taiwan in particular, has my apology. I’ll ensure that next time my government simply lies back and thinks of England Beijing.

10 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The world, Taiwan in particular, has my apology. I’ll ensure that next time my government simply lies back and thinks of England Beijing.

Are you drifting North to check things out again?

It is just like Russia and Ukraine. Western democracies should bite the bullet and stamp on it. We should also get rid of populists like Trump and Johnson, who are damaging democracy from inside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, if they eventually invade Oz, they'll probably invade Qld first.  No big loss there. :P

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Haha 4

Xi has ambitions of grandeur, to be the new Mao, or better and to lose Taiwan would be a significant sign of weakness. Unfortunately (for him and China), you can't become the new world Superpower if you don't have imposing friends in the world.  Bullying your neighbourhood usually doesn't leave a good impression.

The wolf warriors can point their fingers as much as they want, they just need to make sure their leaders don't order the invasion of a territory where 90% of the population rejects autocratic rule and embraces Democracy.  

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 4

Anthony must be miffed at not getting a sniff if Nancy's panties... 

~

10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well, if they eventually invade Oz, they'll probably invade Qld first.  No big loss there. :P

Yes, they’ll focus on the actually useful to their plans places first. Queensland. Western Australia. Northern Territory. Resources. Space. Those sort of things. 
I csn’t see them needing arrogance, rubbish coffee shops and poor train networks, so theyll Not be invading Sydney any time soon.

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, SHaYap said:

Anthony must be miffed at not getting a sniff if Nancy's panties... 

~

Are you talking about Albany Anthonese and Pantsy Nelosi?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Are you talking about Albany Anthonese and Pantsy Nelosi?

I hope that Tronald Dump is not involved…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Over a billion Chinese, terrified of what a hundred and ten pound, eighty-two year old lady, does in her dotage. To the world, they behaved and looked like idiots---and still haven't taken back Taiwan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Over a billion Chinese, terrified of what a hundred and ten pound, eighty-two year old lady, does in her dotage. To the world, they behaved and looked like idiots---and still haven't taken back Taiwan. 

They wouldn’t take Taiwan unless they had to.

It’s a futile operation which will only come to fruition if there is all-out-war.

• Like 1

Just now, Timothy said:

It’s a futile operation which will only come to fruition if there is all-out-war.

A trade embargo would collapse China's economy, overnight. Taiwan's government should acknowledge Chinese sovereignty and then lease the island from them.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

A trade embargo would collapse China's economy, overnight. Taiwan's government should acknowledge Chinese sovereignty and then lease the island from them.

This might happen soon.

Although China should just let them go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, they’ll focus on the actually useful to their plans places first. Queensland. Western Australia. Northern Territory. Resources. Space. Those sort of things. 
I csn’t see them needing arrogance, rubbish coffee shops and poor train networks, so theyll Not be invading Sydney any time soon.

I'll drink to that.  Considering we won't be getting our new subs till the year 2030 (or was that 2130?), lets hope Xi carks it by then.

• Thanks 1

The only way Oz will ever get anything resembling real respect from China is with its own nuclear deterrent.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Silver said:

We should also get rid of populists like Trump and Johnson, who are damaging democracy from inside.

So, you think you need to "protect democracy" by "getting rid of" populists?  I thought that was what the VOTE was meant to decide?

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Political leaders with massive egos can sometimes confuse their personal ambitions with the country's necessity.  I've been hearing reports that China's economy is not nearly the powerhouse they appear to be and they will weaken significantly in the coming years.  One pundit was of the opinion that Xi may decide that the chaotic mess in the U.S. might provide the best chance he'll have to take Taiwan.  For the sake of the Taiwanese and one hell of a lot of Mandarin-speaking boys, I hope he's paying attention to Ukraine.  China would certainly be able to take the island but the cost would be gruesome in the extreme and the very assets that make it appealing, would be destroyed.

• Like 2

I highly doubt we'll ever agree in having nukes on Ozzie soil, too liberal.  Nuclear subs aren't nuclear weapons, they just run on nuclear power. 

What we should have is more defenses surrounding the island.  I'm not one who glorifies military but with autocratic dictatorships ruling two of three military superpowers in the world we should have been investing in our defense budget decades ago.  We should have two naval fleets, one on the Indian and one on the Pacific Oceans.  Both with Aircraft carriers as their flagships.  Considering our biggest neighbour has almost 300 mil people and isn't a close ally, we should have something similar up North. 

We're a young nation and have probably relied too much in history on our close allies, UK & USA.  Better late than ever but maybe it's time to grow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Political leaders with massive egos can sometimes confuse their personal ambitions with the country's necessity.  I've been hearing reports that China's economy is not nearly the powerhouse they appear to be and they will weaken significantly in the coming years.  One pundit was of the opinion that Xi may decide that the chaotic mess in the U.S. might provide the best chance he'll have to take Taiwan.  For the sake of the Taiwanese and one hell of a lot of Mandarin-speaking boys, I hope he's paying attention to Ukraine.  China would certainly be able to take the island but the cost would be gruesome in the extreme and the very assets that make it appealing, would be destroyed.

Again: They wouldn’t take Taiwan unless they had to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, Timothy said:

Again: They wouldn’t take Taiwan unless they had to.

True, but I'm reasonably sure that Putin felt he "had to" in Ukraine.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:53 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Well, if they eventually invade Oz...

As if they haven't already done so:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7725675/How-China-owns-Australia-buying-infrastructure-land-water.html

...Chinese companies added 50,000 hectares to their Australian property portfolio.

It took the total to more than 9.1million hectares - roughly the size of 9million soccer fields...

In 1993, China's biggest airline, state-owned China Southern Airlines, paid the Western Australian government $1 to lease Merredin Aerodrome (pictured) for 100 years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

True.  Australian politicians (and especially the left) placed too much trust in the belief China was slowly changing into a global open free market but I think the tide started changing with Huawei, South China Sea and Covid where it was more evident the CCP's intention to impose and dominate rather than collaborate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

True.  Australian politicians (and especially the left) placed too much trust in the belief China was slowly changing into a global open free market but I think the tide started changing with Huawei, South China Sea and Covid where it was more evident the CCP's intention to impose and dominate rather than collaborate.

The ones on the right just like their money.

• Like 1