Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Possessed' children reportedly 'walked up the walls'

UM-Bot

2 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

"All things known" what does that mean all things known about.....

It means nothing. The meter just shows his bias.

• Like 1

Some people at work drive me up the wall.  Does that also qualify as being possessed?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Some people at work drive me up the wall.  Does that also qualify as being possessed?

It sure does count at my job :tu:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Tasha, you just aren't understanding the Papameter readings. When I say:

Paranormal  70%     Natural 15%     Hoax  15%

I am not saying the story is true. I am not saying the story is false. I'm giving my best estimate.

You are a walking contradiction you make i closing remark that is muddy middle ground not leaning but your silly pretend meter leaned 70% paranormal, no you dont have a clue how percents work or your rating would have been 50% paranormal 50% non paranormal no gaslighting mental gymnastics or insults needed

t0251.gif.4538946b4282585b9365df95e9886578.gif

On 8/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, jethrofloyd said:

Who is the first to explain this illusion, yea i know how its done.

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You are a walking contradiction you make i closing remark that is muddy middle ground not leaning but your silly pretend meter leaned 70% paranormal, no you dont have a clue how percents work or your rating would have been 50% paranormal 50% non paranormal no gaslighting mental gymnastics or insults needed

t0251.gif.4538946b4282585b9365df95e9886578.gif

50/50??? I'll move the 50/50 up and down depending on the case. Outlandish cases are not equally likely to well-witnessed cases.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

50/50??? I'll move the 50/50 up and down depending on the case. Outlandish cases are not equally likely to well-witnessed cases.

Lets be honest "outlandish" is all about personal perception and opinion for example where i find this possessed kids case utterly riduculous the next person might find it totally believable,

However i never have really seen witness count vary with case type all that much in fact most cases have very few witnesses and i cant count a person telling me how so in so saw it too, so in so isnt telling me first hand so they do not count in it for me.

Now im going to ask you a question i hope you will give an answer not a play a game,

After all the claims of paranormal if we do NOT include eye witness testimony why is it we never have supportive evidence i would think we should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Now im going to ask you a question i hope you will give an answer not a play a game,

After all the claims of paranormal if we do NOT include eye witness testimony why is it we never have supportive evidence i would think we should.

Because you can always call supportive evidence fake like photos and videos. 

For example, in this case what supportive evidence should be there?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Because you can always call supportive evidence fake like photos and videos. 

For example, in this case what supportive evidence should be there?

Do you recall a year or so back a guy came in here claiming a laser pointer could only be paranormal he posted pics and a weak story with many holes, you believed his pics were likely paranormal so i went and took my own heres a couple...

20190820_114749-744x744.jpg.40713bc10edd24838799a401a64289c4.jpg20190820_114814-744x744.jpg.c8b60efe14addd89ea7ec8618407d9da.jpg20190820_121639-400x331.jpg.e962527de81a33ea5d59b0364c9a1b48.jpg

You at first agreed my pix matched the other guys then back peddled and went as far as to suggest my pic "could" be paranormal too.

My point is pix without out provenance and support can be faked. But i could invite you into my home and show you this laser pointer in action those making paranormal claims never can do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Do you recall a year or so back a guy came in here claiming a laser pointer could only be paranormal he posted pics and a weak story with many holes, you believed his pics were likely paranormal so i went and took my own heres a couple...

20190820_114749-744x744.jpg.40713bc10edd24838799a401a64289c4.jpg20190820_114814-744x744.jpg.c8b60efe14addd89ea7ec8618407d9da.jpg20190820_121639-400x331.jpg.e962527de81a33ea5d59b0364c9a1b48.jpg

You at first agreed my pix matched the other guys then back peddled and went as far as to suggest my pic "could" be paranormal too.

My point is pix without out provenance and support can be faked. But i could invite you into my home and show you this laser pointer in action those making paranormal claims never can do that.

You'd have to link the thread to better jog my memory, but it would not make any important general point as I always gave a percentage to hoax. A hoax is not overwhelmingly surprising.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You'd have to link the thread to better jog my memory, but it would not make any important general point as I always gave a percentage to hoax. A hoax is not overwhelmingly surprising.

Not important enough to link to an old post we were both in, my point was made.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

jog my memory

I bet you also forgot posting many times your memory is flawless.

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I bet you also forgot posting many times your memory is flawless.

Show us even once you uncareful reader you.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Show us even once you uncareful reader you.

I dont need to prove your flaws you do that very well for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Let's help papageorge1 out one  more time about percentages.

% hoax = (number of cases that were hoaxes) / (total number of cases)

That is how numbers work. Here cases should be defined. It might be:

• Cases of people behind on their rent claiming paranormal events forced them out.
  • Cases where there were children involved.

No matter how you do the math it is % hoax = 100%

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The quality, quantity, and consistency of the cases tells us that this is just another hoax.

I think i said it before in this thread but it does blow me away that so many people will believe a 2nd 3rd etc party story with zero supportive evidence.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I think i said it before in this thread but it does blow me away that so many people will believe a 2nd 3rd etc party story with zero supportive evidence.

Because as my sarcastic post suggests there is no quality, quantity or consistency. It's all story telling.

But the basis for some people is to claim that the story tellers are people they respect such as channelers, astrologers, psychics, etc. But they are all just story tellers. The basis of support for story tellers is other story tellers. That's not supporting evidence. That's just more manure on the manure pile.

• Like 2

Lol you guys get seriously emotionally invested in these stories. Why so serious??

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 9:21 PM, UM-Bot said:

Official state documents detail the peculiar case of a triple possession that occurred in Indiana back in 2014.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/359976/possessed-children-reportedly-walked-up-the-walls

Lionel Ritchie is a scourge on their souls!

You know what this is gonna be...

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 5:15 PM, preacherman76 said:

Lol you guys get seriously emotionally invested in these stories. Why so serious??

Please point out who as all i see is poking fun at an obvious BS case.

Let me guess another "story" you believe at face value.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Please point out who as all i see is poking fun at an obvious BS case.

Let me guess another "story" you believe at face value.

You are being mean spirited toward another poster. 

You gotta find the original article and press releases about it. Honestly nothing to do with you, but I just don’t care enough about it to look for it. 

Im not saying it’s true, just that I remember the story, and at the time it seemed interesting. Had a little more info and verification than a normal haunting story. Even if you found it, it won’t do anything for you. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Confused 1

BTW what do you mean by “another story I believe”? I have never once expressed belief in a story told here. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You gotta find the original article and press releases about it. Honestly nothing to do with you, but I just don’t care enough about it to look for it. 

Im not saying it’s true, just that I remember the story, and at the time it seemed interesting. Had a little more info and verification than a normal haunting story. Even if you found it, it won’t do anything for you. 

Some "stories" are very interesting but no not at all true, actually this story doesnt have verification unless you just mean 2nd 3rd etc parties confirming the last persons story which doesnt really count it sure isnt evidence.

If this case had any merit at all it would have supportive evidence.

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW what do you mean by “another story I believe”? I have never once expressed belief in a story told here. 

Relax just my bad wording i meant "you" in general which i didnt recall who does or doesnt believe this tall tale.

Some "stories" are very interesting but no not at all true, actually this story doesnt have verification unless you just mean 2nd 3rd etc parties confirming the last persons story which doesnt really count it sure isnt evidence.

Well there was a official written report of like a social worker or something who claims to have witnessed it. But yeah, take it or leave it, it’s all the same to me. 

If this case had any merit at all it would have supportive evidence.

Well that’s the thing, the very nature of these stories, to me, are not capable of supporting evidence. True or not. They are things that happen to people, usually without them seeing it coming. This case had a written report from a state or county worker. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn’t. Without knowing them personally it’s hard to say. But its more then we would usually get. So, interesting. Nothing more. 

Relax just my bad wording i meant "you" in general which i didnt recall who does or doesnt believe this tall tale.

I’m completely relaxed. Just wanted to set the record straight. 

• Like 2