Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Brexiters and Remoaners ever be reconciled?

Silver

I ask this because it will become more of an issue as the cost of living crisis continues and worsens.

No one doubts now that Brexit is damaging the economy and making our everyday lives worse. Brexiters say they feel happier they are out of the "EUSSR", a multi-country economic bloc which introduces health and safety and human rights legislation which prevents companies making excess profits. 

Remoaners are unhappy that Brexit stops freedom of movement which stops us living, retiring, and working in Europe, and forces us to accept immigrants from "all around the world", rather than people we know and love in our own continent.

Does anyone think that we will be able to reconcile this issues, or will the turkeys who voted for Christmas continue to destroy the UK?

Look at who England elected to represent them on the EU council.  Some never wanted in, it seems and made that plain.  Was there a referendum in which you voted to originally enter the EU or was that all the decision of the sitting government at the time?  Perhaps you would be much better off now had you never joined the EU and that will be true more as time goes by and you re-figure out your relationship with Europe.  You're not going back so perhaps you should start to look forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You're not going back so perhaps you should start to look forward.

I can't. I can't stop the hatred against Brexiters. I have European friends. I love tavernas, cafes, the Mediterranean. I hate Northern English tatooed thugs chanting about their football clubs. Maybe they are right about me being unpatriotic.

7 minutes ago, Silver said:

I can't. I can't stop the hatred against Brexiters

You can’t stop the hatred against your idea of Brexiters.  An idea that has been instilled in you by the media.  It’s prejudice to be honest, and quite vile.

9 minutes ago, Silver said:

I have European friends. I love tavernas, cafes, the Mediterranean.

Why can you not appreciate any of those things post Brexit?  I mean if your European friends are no longer your friends because we left the EU, I would suggest they were probably not particularly good friends.

12 minutes ago, Silver said:

I hate Northern English tatooed thugs chanting about their football clubs. Maybe they are right about me being unpatriotic.

You know Europe has its own tattooed thugs right?  They even have their own teams and chants.  They may not have northern accents, another prejudice there maybe?  Is it northerners or the working class you don’t like?

• Thanks 1

This thread is going to do nothing but generate negativity and hostility - it's far too divisive and inflammatory.

Closed.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked