Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolboy photobombed by 'ghost girl'


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

A teenage boy was left so creeped out after finding a " ghost girl " photobombing him in a snap that he had to spend the night in his mum's room.

Mum Ayesha Wilson-Bent recalled the moment when Gabriel Ashmore, 14, sent her 12-year-old brother a picture of him beaming from inside a tower of tyres.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/terrifying-moment-schoolboy-photobombed-ghost-27746870

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)

Can someone post an edited picture of this 'ghost'?  All I'm seeing is blackness. :blink:

 

Unforgiving, bleak, unrelenting blackness. Darker than black. Like death – the ultimate subtlety. Trapped in an endless void without light.

 

Edited by acute
What..... too melodramatic?
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Looks like one of those crappy fakes made with a ghost app to me.

Of couse a rag paper would run such utter BS. They will publish any crap that people send in.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

A teenage boy was left so creeped out after finding a " ghost girl " photobombing him in a snap that he had to spend the night in his mum's room.

Im creeped out a 12yo boy insisted on sleeping with his mum.

3 hours ago, acute said:

Can someone post an edited picture of this 'ghost'?  All I'm seeing is blackness. :blink:

 

Unforgiving, bleak, unrelenting blackness. Darker than black. Like death – the ultimate subtlety. Trapped in an endless void without light.

 

Nit too dramatic, perfectly fitting, turn your bright up its a cheesy fake, the kid looking pompous seals it.

2 hours ago, moonman said:

Looks like one of those crappy fakes made with a ghost app to me.

Of couse a rag paper would run such utter BS. They will publish any crap that people send in.

Kid wanted his 15mins of fame now hiscwhole school knows hes a coward who bunks with his mum, i say rather epic fail.

But kudos to first person who posts the image they used for the hoax.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This photo in the OP link is too black. I saw this on another forum and it was an unmistakable face. I went back and couldn't find it because I don't remember where I saw it exactly.

It's just one of a thousand cases where a skeptic will insist fake without evidence and a reasonable person would only speak in terms of likelihood.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Im creeped out a 12yo boy insisted on sleeping with his mum.

Nit too dramatic, perfectly fitting, turn your bright up its a cheesy fake, the kid looking pompous seals it.

Yeah that stupid look doesn't help. I can't decide if they were posing for it or saw it afterward and thought it would be perfect to try that sick new ghost photo app they just got for thier shiny new phone.

In the story it talks about how the mom "tried to brighten the photo to see if they photoshopped it", like thats the only possible explanation and she would be able to tell (not). If she's that dumb tricking her with a program made specifically to add in fake ghosts would be a stupid simple, she obviously has no clue what apps can do.

She doesn't really care either way, send it to the daily rag and make $100, get your 15 minutes of stupidity fame. Kid probably catches crap for sleeping with mommy, epic fail indeed.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

This photo in the OP link is too black. I saw this on another forum and it was an unmistakable face. I went back and couldn't find it because I don't remember where I saw it exactly.

It's just one of a thousand cases where a skeptic will insist fake without evidence and a reasonable person would only speak in terms of likelihood.

Its a fake, hoax pics have been proven to exist countless times not once has an alleged  ghost pic been proven to be a ghost.

A rational person wouldnt say its likely paranormal with nothing more than a brats story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, moonman said:

Yeah that stupid look doesn't help.

I imagine when his class mates got wind he sleeps with mommy that stupid look vanished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Its a fake, hoax pics have been proven to exist countless times not once has an alleged  ghost pic been proven to be a ghost.

A rational person wouldnt say its likely paranormal with nothing more than a brats story.

For the hundredth time, how would they prove this was a ghost? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For the hundredth time, how would they prove this was a ghost? 

You can ask @curtis schweiger jr He has all the necessary 'technique' to prove the ghost things: EMF meter, Voice Recorder, light ......:blink:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

For the hundredth time, how would they prove this was a ghost? 

For the hundredth and one time, thats the problem of the believer making the claim to prove it and to figure out how.

s4YLnKA=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
9 hours ago, moonman said:

Looks like one of those crappy fakes made with a ghost app to me.

^^ This.

You can get apps which have a selection of stock 'ghosts' for inserting into photographs.

The ghost face in this one looks like one of these - if someone could find the app and its picture selection it would be possible to prove that it's a fake.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
16 minutes ago, Saru said:

^^ This.

You can get apps which have a selection of stock 'ghosts' for inserting into photographs.

The ghost face in this one looks like one of these - if someone could find the app and its picture selection it would be possible to prove that it's a fake.

Yep, thats why i offered kudos for whoever found it first.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Okay best i can do on my note 5...

20220816_061934.jpg.add882188d3d3d3042ec397f9ea0ee8c.jpg

Not sure why they think its a girl?

 

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I got all confused and re read the OP and i guess i grasp it now, the kid in the tire is the is the 12 yo boy ( at first i thought girl ) and his 14 yo sis took the pic and the smug goofy kid is a friend,

What is interesting is the alleged ghost face appears to have the tire over it on the upper right and the boys ear over it lower left, but transpartent on it right cheek showing tire.

Very telling the alleged ghost face is in the only location that would work out.

Edited by the13bats
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
41 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yep, thats why i offered kudos for whoever found it first.

I suppose it's also possible that it's just been added in using Photoshop - which means it could be any random face found on Google.

Whatever the case, I don't think there can be any doubt that it's a photographic manipulation.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Saru said:

I suppose it's also possible that it's just been added in using Photoshop - which means it could be any random face found on Google.

Whatever the case, I don't think there can be any doubt that it's a photographic manipulation.

I agree, to me the biggest give away is its right in the perfect spot, perfectly centered etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay best i can do on my note 5...

20220816_061934.jpg.add882188d3d3d3042ec397f9ea0ee8c.jpg

Not sure why they think its a girl?

 

That face seems really familiar to me. 
I looked through the ghost app database on Facebook but I didn’t see it but I’ll check again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Saru said:

Whatever the case, I don't think there can be any doubt that it's a photographic manipulation.

 

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

I agree, to me the biggest give away is its right in the perfect spot, perfectly centered etc.

I have seen a few "obvious fakes" in my time. Most have pixelation around where the "ghost" has been inserted into an image.

The close up that Bats posted (TY) doesn't show any obvious signs of manipulatation. 

I'm not saying that forgery is unlikely, just that its not "obvious"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

That face seems really familiar to me. 
I looked through the ghost app database on Facebook but I didn’t see it but I’ll check again.

It did to me too however i didnt want to say so until i could try to think up why, my guess is from a movie not a ghost app i have no clue who it is or from where just yet but dont think its a ghost at all nothing paranormal.

 

2 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

 

I have seen a few "obvious fakes" in my time. Most have pixelation around where the "ghost" has been inserted into an image.

The close up that Bats posted (TY) doesn't show any obvious signs of manipulatation. 

I'm not saying that forgery is unlikely, just that its not "obvious"

I agree with you and not to sound pompous i have studied a heck of a lot of alleged paranormal pics while many are well explained a few are unexplained which isnt a jump to paranormal.

I might have given the wrong impression that i thought it was a candidate for a real ghost which i do not, i do not believe ghosts exist but if they do i would not believe they could pose for pictures.

what i believe it is would be a very lucky hoax meaning the transparency is just right size just right and perfect placement on a black background it works very well, the cons are its too dark where they put it and the smug goofy kid makes it seem he knew it all along.

Im just as hard on myself as i am dear believers and if i cant match the face then i file it unexplained but i still think its a hoax.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are ghost apps that let you add regular photos as the "ghost", for all we know it is some other kid they took a picture of on the playground. I doubt a match will be found.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, moonman said:

There are ghost apps that let you add regular photos as the "ghost", for all we know it is some other kid they took a picture of on the playground. I doubt a match will be found.

 

Idk like santa i feel like i have seen that face before but that doesnt mean i really have,

Im far from savvy about what apps are out there and the trend for a long time a thread like this gets posted we all spew our opinions then it fades away unexplained i dont recall seeing an old thread brought back from the dead with an update showing what it really was even though i do believe many are solved.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.