Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Year After Conquering Afghanistan, the Taliban Are Done Pretending to Be ‘Inclusive’

el midgetron

When the Taliban jihadist organization returned to power in Afghanistan a year ago on Monday, its spokesmen promised one thing above all: the new and improved Taliban regime would be “inclusive.”

Taliban representatives who would go on to powerful offices in what is now the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” could not stop using the word. Their ministerial cabinet would be “inclusive.” Their institutions would be “inclusive.” Their diplomatic stances on the larger world stage would reflect the alleged newfound “inclusivity” the Taliban learned from warring with America for 20 years…..

….Arriving at its one-year anniversary in power, the Taliban has proven to be anything but “inclusive,” with the exception of making plenty of room for Sunni jihadist terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and the affiliated Haqqani Network in its halls of power. Taliban terrorists have in practice mostly outlawed journalism, banned girls and women from getting an education, done little to curb groups like the Islamic State, harbored high-profile al-Qaeda leaders, and aligned themselves internationally with some of the world’s most brutal repressive states, such as China and Russia.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/08/14/year-conquering-afghanistan-taliban-done-pretending-inclusive/

• Thanks 3

They’re still crying to the world media that they’re being oppressed by America and their country is in dire shape. 
Oddly enough, it was fine when we left it. 

• Like 1

I wish you wouldn't aways cite breibart, other wise you might be able to  make an argument. Yes, life in Afghanistan is ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’re still crying to the world media that they’re being oppressed by America and their country is in dire shape. 

Don't be so stupid.

It really is too bad that such people exist in the world, I totally agree.

In a 20 year occupation we were not successful in convincing 40 million Afghans to fight 50,000 Taliban to retain their freedom. 

So where does that lead?  Are you suggesting a new interventionist policy in which the US should invade every country with ***hat rulers and set things to right? Or that we should have stayed?  How many more years?

• Like 3

A Year After Conquering Afghanistan, the Taliban Are Done Pretending to Be ‘Inclusive’

I believe that lasted about a month. They haven't been 'inclusive' since the first weeks after US withdrawal.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody was happy or even cautiously optimistic with the Taliban retaking Afghanistan. 

But what was the alternative? America contuing to sending its soldiers into an endless fight for the next 50 years in order to shepherd another nation? If 20 years couldn't turn it around what would have another couple decades changed? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It really is too bad that such people exist in the world, I totally agree.

In a 20 year occupation we were not successful in convincing 40 million Afghans to fight 50,000 Taliban to retain their freedom. 

So where does that lead?  Are you suggesting a new interventionist policy in which the US should invade every country with ***hat rulers and set things to right? Or that we should have stayed?  How many more years?

I was leaning towards the "maybe we should of stayed" mindset when we first pulled out until I witnessed the bravery of the Ukrainians.

Its clear that if people want to fight they will. But we can't make em. We can only support people when they do

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I was leaning towards the "maybe we should of stayed" mindset when we first pulled out until I witnessed the bravery of the Ukrainians.

Its clear that if people want to fight they will. But we can't make em. We can only support people when they do

The problem is, outside of the few major cities, it's just tribal areas that govern themselves.  Their way of life was disturbed when we occupied, so they really had no will to fight.  The Taliban doesn't really mess with those areas.  Perfect example is the Korengalis.  The Korengal province was the main setting for like all of the Afghan war documentaries and films.  The Korengalis are just as quick to fight the Taliban as they are Americans.  They just wanted to be left alone.  They probably don't even know Americans left the country...

Edit to add:  Also much of the Taliban beliefs when it comes to religion and lifestyle aren't native to the Taliban, and are prevalent throughout the tribal areas.  

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Silver said:

I wish you wouldn't aways cite breibart, other wise you might be able to  make an argument. Yes, life in Afghanistan is ****.

“Threat assessment experts highlight danger posed by ‘involuntarily celibate’ men”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/15/politics/tallahassee-hot-yoga-shooting-misogynistic-extremism-report/index.html

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Is this about Afghanistan or in general, I was not sure where you were leading?

The things he posts are a projection of himself.  I've learned that by now.

• Like 4

The biggest shame is that Joe Bedridden literally re-armed them. Leaving them an arsenal of weapons was the worst good bye present he could have given them.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silver said:

Just because it chimes with your hard left political beliefs doesn't make it any less true. God have you read some of the tosh the BBC and Guardian pushes out as journalism these days.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

The things he posts are a projection of himself.  I've learned that by now.

But are you educated in the theories of rubber and glue? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, zep73 said:

I believe that lasted about a month. They haven't been 'inclusive' since the first weeks after US withdrawal.

Expecting a 7th century people to embrace a 21st century concept is doomed to failure.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

...Are you suggesting a new interventionist policy in which the US should invade every country with ***hat rulers and set things to right?...

If it wasn't for the interventionist policy of arming those backwards Aladin Lamp Genie dresser-uppers with Stinger anti-aircraft hand-helds, back when the Soviets established the civilized enclave of Kabul, the entire country would long have been under control. The Soviets knew how to deal with those savages

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just because it chimes with your hard left political beliefs doesn't make it any less true. God have you read some of the tosh the BBC and Guardian pushes out as journalism these days.

I always chuckle when I see members getting puffed up and indignant over sources they decide are unreliable based on some factcheckers most of whom have, themselves been shown to be clearly biased.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, el midgetron said:

When the Taliban jihadist organization returned to power in Afghanistan a year ago on Monday, its spokesmen promised one thing above all: the new and improved Taliban regime would be “inclusive.”

Taliban representatives who would go on to powerful offices in what is now the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” could not stop using the word. Their ministerial cabinet would be “inclusive.” Their institutions would be “inclusive.” Their diplomatic stances on the larger world stage would reflect the alleged newfound “inclusivity” the Taliban learned from warring with America for 20 years…..

….Arriving at its one-year anniversary in power, the Taliban has proven to be anything but “inclusive,” with the exception of making plenty of room for Sunni jihadist terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and the affiliated Haqqani Network in its halls of power. Taliban terrorists have in practice mostly outlawed journalism, banned girls and women from getting an education, done little to curb groups like the Islamic State, harbored high-profile al-Qaeda leaders, and aligned themselves internationally with some of the world’s most brutal repressive states, such as China and Russia.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/08/14/year-conquering-afghanistan-taliban-done-pretending-inclusive/

Thank you for posting this, el m. Afghanistan is tragic. Breibart is spot on with this. Misogyny normalised and ingrained into law. I think the root of all evil is religion.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I usually respect what you say, but they are not so stupid as to blame the US. They are oppressed by their own country and they know it. It is a totalitarian regime where education is outlawed.In the antebellum years, teaching a slave to read was a capital offence. Education is dangerous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Silver said:

Don't be so stupid.

They’re literally on the news here, crying that their nation is up the river without a paddle because the mean old Americans have frozen their assets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’re literally on the news here, crying that their nation is up the river without a paddle because the mean old Americans have frozen their assets.

It is the Taliban, trying to extract meaning from 2000 year old texts. They need a few 50 year-old A10s  to disrupt their meetings. Same as Putin. American diplomacy backed by NATO. Brrrrrpt. 

8 hours ago, Autistocrates said:

If it wasn't for the interventionist policy of arming those backwards Aladin Lamp Genie dresser-uppers with Stinger anti-aircraft hand-helds, back when the Soviets established the civilized enclave of Kabul, the entire country would long have been under control. The Soviets knew how to deal with those savages

You sure about that? Maybe you should freshen up your history. The russians invaded Afghanistan because of Afghanistans close ties with the west. 

Astonishing Pictures Of Afghanistan From Before The Wars

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/astonishing-photos-of-prewar-afghanistan-show-everyday-life-in-peaceful-kabul-2013-2%3famp

Amateur photographer, and college professor, Dr. William Podlich took a leave of absence from his job at Arizona State to work with UNESCO in Kabul, bringing his wife and daughters with him.

Instead of blaming just the taliban, how about puting the blame on where it belongs. Russians screwd up a nice and, for a mainly muslim country, open, tolerant and welcoming country. Same what the USA and UK did with Iran.

Do you guys have any morals? Do you guys admit to any wrongdoing? Aparently not.

• Like 1

**** the Taliban. Stop sending them money. Build a wall around them and turn them into the theme park of barbarity they deserve to be.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, odas said:

You sure about that? Maybe you should freshen up your history. The russians invaded Afghanistan because of Afghanistans close ties with the west. 

Astonishing Pictures Of Afghanistan From Before The Wars

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/astonishing-photos-of-prewar-afghanistan-show-everyday-life-in-peaceful-kabul-2013-2%3famp

Amateur photographer, and college professor, Dr. William Podlich took a leave of absence from his job at Arizona State to work with UNESCO in Kabul, bringing his wife and daughters with him.

Instead of blaming just the taliban, how about puting the blame on where it belongs. Russians screwd up a nice and, for a mainly muslim country, open, tolerant and welcoming country. Same what the USA and UK did with Iran.

Do you guys have any morals? Do you guys admit to any wrongdoing? Aparently not.

"Before the U.S. invasion, before the Russian war, before the Marxist revolution, Afghanistan used to be a pretty nice place."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saur_Revolution

Edited by itsnotoutthere