Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the largest influence on your vote?

OverSword

25 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the largest influence on who you vote for?

• Party affiliation
    • Name recognition
    • Single issue (guns, abortion, marriage rights, legalization of marijuana, etc.)
    • Endorsements
    • Physical attractiveness
    • Name is on the top of the choices on the ballot
    • Television commercials
    • Platform

I was wondering what attracts different peoples votes. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

I would like to say platform just because I agree with most things on my parties platform but I think I'm likely to vote for my party regardless of a candidates platform, so I ticked party affiliation for myself.   Please try to be honest. :)

• Like 3

Yeah party affiliation. As a conservative sometimes it's really hard to do that. I'm probably more Libertarian than anything else, but I also don't agree with a lot of what Libertarians advocate. Somewhere there is a happy medium between the parties.

My largest influence is that the candidate is NOT affiliated with the democrat or republican parties, and if there is no 3rd choice I vote against the incumbent.  I thought about choosing party affiliation but I think that means the opposite of what influences me.

• Like 3

Reputation ie, Integrety, Honesty, and Leadership - (  Takes resposibility for ones actions and always leads from the front )

JIMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Reputation ie, Integrety, Honesty, and Leadership - (  Takes resposibility for ones actions and always leads from the front )

JIMHO

Nice, something we haven't had in almost 100 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Walking distance to the Polling Station.

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Nice, something we haven't had in almost 100 years.

I know its strange isn't :unsure: and your certainly right of course but what does that say about our current political party systems!:huh:

• Like 2

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I know its strange isn't :unsure: and your certainly right of course but what does that say about our current political party systems!:huh:

It says that it breeds corruption and shuts out the people who actually want to serve their country as a representative of the people.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

It says that it breeds corruption and shuts out the people who actually want to serve their country as a representative of the people.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't disagree with you at all, however I am one of the old fashion voters! I have always supported a Candidate who does what is right even in the face of adversity, who isn't afraid to speak honestly, and who like cream will rise to the top. Candidates like this are out there, in fact during the 6 Jan 2021 Electoral Vote Certification one of them stood up and did the right thing in the face of adversity, and his reward was ( HANG MIKE PENCE ) :yes:

Oh and by the way, I hope you get my point and if not I understand!:tu:

Take care my friend, hope you and your family are healthy and safe!!:tu:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I would like to say platform just because I agree with most things on my parties platform but I think I'm likely to vote for my party regardless of a candidates platform, so I ticked party affiliation for myself.   Please try to be honest. :)

During my first pint I will say I vote for trickle down economics; but, by the third, or fourth, I'll effectively be admitting I vote against the Greens and anyone that supports them.

So, deep down, party affiliation.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I voted platform but now that I think more about it, I believe I tend to lean more toward party affiliation.   

• Like 3

It used to be platform.  In 2016, I would have voted for Rubio, Kasich, and Christie over Hillary.  But after watching people bend the knee and going against everything they said, it's too risky to vote for platform.  Platforms seem to magically change once elections are over.  Party affiliation for me.

• Like 3

I think I am done with President Trump. He asked Merrick Garland what he could do to reduce the heat, yet he keeps fanning the flames by attacking the FBI agents, that Judge and the Attorney General, and the calling for violence and civil war just keeps growing online and some actual violence has occurred. My family are scared and comes first before a candidate and we just do not want to see the country erupt into war, so I will have to vote 3rd party if Trump does indeed decide to run. As a matter of fact I won't vote for any MAGA affiliated candidates in November, because they appear to be fanning these flames as well and accusing the FBI and everyone else of wrongdoing before the actual affidavit has been released all in support of a man and not the laws or constitution of this country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MGB said:

I think I am done with President Trump. He asked Merrick Garland what he could do to reduce the heat, yet he keeps fanning the flames by attacking the FBI agents, that Judge and the Attorney General, and the calling for violence and civil war just keeps growing online and some actual violence has occurred. My family are scared and comes first before a candidate and we just do not want to see the country erupt into war, so I will have to vote 3rd party if Trump does indeed decide to run. As a matter of fact I won't vote for any MAGA affiliated candidates in November, because they appear to be fanning these flames as well and accusing the FBI and everyone else of wrongdoing before the actual affidavit has been released all in support of a man and not the laws or constitution of this country.

I voted for Trump in 2016 but couldn't do it in 2020.

He has left alot disillusioned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whoever voted tv commercials has to be trolling :lol: lol

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

It used to be platform.  In 2016, I would have voted for Rubio, Kasich, and Christie over Hillary.  But after watching people bend the knee and going against everything they said, it's too risky to vote for platform.  Platforms seem to magically change once elections are over.  Party affiliation for me.

There is only one candidate for me Ronald Dion DeSantis,!!!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

There is only one candidate for me Ronald Dion DeSantis,!!!:tu:

Cause he just fills your heart with cute little buzzwords, right?

• Like 1

Single issue - freedom of speech and individual responsibility! Technically that's two issues, but I see them as going hand in hand together. So I'll consider that my single issue. Right now it seems the conservatives are the only ones advocating for free speech and pushing individual responsibility, so even though I don't agree with a lot of conservative politics (I generally see myself as a Libertarian) I find myself siding with conservatives far more than progressives these days. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have voted for more than one party over the years, although my politics are right of center, so for me it is a parties manifesto.

Its what a party might like to do over time that's as or more important than anything else. 

• Like 1

Historically, I’ve voted mainly along party lines.  In 2020 I intended to vote 3rd party..but the race looked so close between Biden and trump that I voted for biden just as an anti trump vote.   I don’t like either..but I dislike trump more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Cause he just fills your heart with cute little buzzwords, right?

I like military backgrounds, 

He graduated from Yale University and Harvard Law School. DeSantis joined the United States Navy in 2004, where he was promoted to lieutenant before serving as an advisor to SEAL Team One and being deployed to Iraq in 2007. When he returned to the U.S. a year later, the U.S. Department of Justice appointed DeSantis to serve as a Special Assistant U.S. attorney at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida, a position he held until his 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I like military backgrounds, 

He graduated from Yale University and Harvard Law School. DeSantis joined the United States Navy in 2004, where he was promoted to lieutenant before serving as an advisor to SEAL Team One and being deployed to Iraq in 2007. When he returned to the U.S. a year later, the U.S. Department of Justice appointed DeSantis to serve as a Special Assistant U.S. attorney at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida, a position he held until his 

Can the Navy really be considered a military background?  And lieutenant is an automatic promotion.

• Like 1

I worked with a (blonde) woman a while ago that literally voted for the candidate who she thought wore the nicest tie.

These days, as good a method as any I suppose.

• Haha 4